• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Race Driver GRID demo available on the MP

Kafel

Banned
Content: GRID Demo
Price: Free
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: E (Everyone)] It's time to get on the GRID as this superb demo showcases racing in the three regions playable in the full game; Europe Touring Cars at Jarama Circuit, U.S Muscle cars at San Francisco and Japanese Drift Racing at Yokohama Docks. Compete online in the European and U.S races and check out the time trial competitions for the chance to win a car and other ace prizes.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just gave the drifting event a try, holy shit I'm impressed. Framerate is very smooth, and I'm really liking the gameplay so far.
I'll be doing some videos when I'm back home in a couple hours, but so far it looks like we have a winner :)

rod

Banned
Blimblim said:
Just gave the drifting event a try, holy shit I'm impressed. Framerate is very smooth, and I'm really liking the gameplay so far.
I'll be doing some videos when I'm back home in a couple hours, but so far it looks like we have a winner :)

hows the overall graphics? in stills it looks fucking amazing

Blimblim

The Inside Track
rod said:
hows the overall graphics? in stills it looks fucking amazing
It looks very very nice in motion too. And the fact that it's very smooth 30 fps (at least in the Yokohama event) helps a lot too. Smoke effects are excellent too.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
herod said:
any driving AIDS?

797pxohsnapaidsd3d75.jpg

eso76

damn i was hoping milano would be in the demo.
from the movies it looked by far the most impressive track in the game so far.

GHG

SnakeXs said:
http://mt11.quickshareit.com/share/797pxohsnapaidsd3d75.jpg

Why did I laugh at this :lol ?

Damn on the PC demo front, I don't have my 360 here with me at uni. Will have to wait on the PC demo.

[Nintex]

holy shit, the San Francisco track is my favorite so far. I got to first place, was just about to take a turn when all the other cars crashed right into my car.

See

SnakeXs said:
http://mt11.quickshareit.com/share/797pxohsnapaidsd3d75.jpg
You are bad man :mad:

Anyway, back on topic, for people who has played it, does it look and play better than DiRT? I wasn't a big fan of DiRT's over done HDR and bloom, although I was very fond of it's vegetation.

Manager

I'll put some 720p images online in around 30 min, when the download is completed. Depending on when Blim is home, I'll do some videos too in an hour or so.

adelante

Manager said:
I'll put some 720p images online in around 30 min, when the download is completed. Depending on when Blim is home, I'll do some videos too in an hour or so.
Nice....can't wait..

Manager

Here are the images. I recently got new capture hardware, so I'm not sure I got the best quality out of these images. Anyway, don't mind the jaggies - it looks great in motion.

Someone praised the San Fransisco course, so I used that one:
http://gamersyde.com/gallery_8375_en.html

1370_0002.jpg

1370_0003.jpg

1370_0004.jpg

1370_0006.jpg

1370_0008.jpg

1370_0009.jpg

1370_0011.jpg

1370_0013.jpg

I haven't played it much, but I was surprised how well the drifting works. I like it much more than how NFS did it.

Slamo

Haunted One said:
I'm waiting for impressions from RangerX.

Me too.
I rilly, rilly, want to know if the grass has a strong high res texture or if it just looks like sprites.

dk_

Some impressions:

Positive:

- The replay mode looks really nice and the rewind feature is a good addition
- Framerate is smooth
- The damage model is pretty detailed
- The KI is really realistic and often drives besides the racing line
- Xbox Live Multiplayer works great and w/o lag
- You can choose your name at the beginning and the commentator uses it in the race :D

Negative:

- The cockpit view looks strange because of the jerky steering animation
- Handling and drifting seem a little odd to me. Kinda like NFS... ah I don't know. Maybe I set the diffictulty to expert and try my luck. Breaking and handling assists were off.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
The stills from the San Fran race look alright, but nothing spectacular. The other 2 courses look much better, and the smoke looks ace!

Top Bottom