• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Remakes Announced for 3DS

Zalman

It's funny, coz Masuda has been counting down to today for the last 3-4 days on Twitter, posting stuff in Japanese like 'Oh, it's 11PM. Time for bed! 3!!' Always mentioning that it's 11pm, and a number. Thought it was weird...

(The announcement happened at 11PM JST)
I was wondering what that was. Sneaky.

Mega Swampert incoming!

mega_swampert_by_masabear-d6ltl1n.png

What I want:

3D effect on the overworld (that won't happen)
Framerate not to drop to slideshow when I turn 3D on in battle (That better happen)
Walking Pokemon (This should have been standard after HGSS damn it)
Secret bases made even more awesome
Contests done like in Ruby/Sappire
Battle Frontier from Emerald
Trainer customisation ala X/Y
Bottom screen showing my team's health or something useful rather than online bullshit
Day/Night cycle
Trick House DLC

Sounds reasonable to me.

-Horizon-

This is probably the last remake I'll give a shit about. The now inevitable Sinnoh remake can go away.
What if they make it better? Faster?
I'm not continuing that reference

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYY FUCKKK

MUH DICK

MUUUUUUUUUUHHHH DDDIIIICCCK

PRAISE MASUDA

BAEADSGXZSDAGARESDXGEWASDG

IM CRYING RIGHT NOW
Glad to see you're still alive after this announcement.

That treetop town should have some really awesome stuff with shadows that I'm imagining that the 3DS probably can't do :p
Believe in the enhanced XY engine!

The only pattern is that there will be a Pokemon game.

Yeah, the only region getting as much references was Kanto. Let's not forget that X and Y opened up with the Torchic event, and Lati@s stones being present in the data.

It doesn't exactly bother me, more like I'm surprised that people are surprised at all.

Those people were being silly. There was always going to be a Pokemon game this year. It was going to either be R/S or Z/X2/Y2.
Mainline Pokemon announcements are exciting regardless. I'm sure some didn't know about the investor meeting or whatever so this announcement just in the middle of the weekdays would surprise them.

Messiek

YES! YES!
NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOOOOOOUR!
OOOOH MY GOD!

My life is coming full circle.
Thank you Nintendo!

Announcing this now ... imagine E3!
#HYYYPE

Based on the reactions, I assume Ruby and Sapphire are considered the best Pokemon games ever. Right?
They are my favorite region and favorite starters. It was probably also one of the most risky and drastic changes in the series. However, it got a lot of hate because you couldn't transfer your gen 1 and gen 2 pokemon to it and they got rid of the day/night cycle. I loved it anyway and this is someone who was playing Pokemon Red/Blue in the height of the pokemon fever.

Highwind

To those wondering why this is coming out.

A lot of Pokémon are disallowed in competitive play (Nintendo Format) due to the native rule.

This is another way of distributing those Pokémon. :)

Excited as fuck.

Shauni

I figured this was coming at some point. Ruby was actually were I fell out of Pokemon originally, so it's cool to go back to it now when my interest is rejuvenated.

What I want:

3D effect on the overworld (that won't happen)
Framerate not to drop to slideshow when I turn 3D on in battle (That better happen)
Walking Pokemon (This should have been standard after HGSS damn it)
Secret bases made even more awesome
Contests done like in Ruby/Sappire
Battle Frontier from Emerald
Trainer customisation ala X/Y
Bottom screen showing my team's health or something useful rather than online bullshit
Day/Night cycle
Trick House DLC
I'd also just add a freaking ton more mega evos, but we'll probably just get Lati@s and Groudon/Kyogre/RayQway

Based on the reactions, I assume Ruby and Sapphire are considered the best Pokemon games ever. Right?
While the games keep getting better gameplay-wise, they had the best creatures and region. So pretty much.

I'm assuming if I want to have a competitive team I should probably finish Pokemon X, I might even finish Heart Gold soon as well. .but Pokemon Showdown is so much easier.

A lot of surprised people that Nintendo is remaining 100% faithful to their pokemon remake cycle...

I guess we'll at least get upgraded horn music.

I think they're the worst (or close to it), but Pokemon is Pokemon.

My personal feelings as well... but it was a lot of people's first pokemon so I guess I can understand their enthusiasm... I was probably that way when the red/green remakes were announced.

RiggyRob

Also, I just realised that I can play Ruby/Sapphire with the physical/special split now, which has stopped me from going back to the later games.

Thank you based Game Freak.

Didn't realize people liked Ruby/Sapphire all that much...I always thought they were kinda bottom tier Pokemon games. I'm probably just out of touch.

Kinokou

Anyone notice Kyogre has the Greek symbol for Alpha on it (as does the Japanese logo), and Groudon has the Greek symbol for Omega on it?

Now that you mention it I noticed that team aqua and magma logos also look a bit like the symbols!

1375541836831.jpg

rIfO2Y3.png
*stolen from Wichu*

Meaning the names are not as meaningless at they seem at first.

Top Bottom