• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konamis Gamers Night in SF (ITT people get banned for mentioning ZoE3)

stuminus3

Banned
Bootaaay said:
Seriousley, as soon as I saw this;

What in the hell is this? Fuck you Konami. Fuck any shitty ass publisher releasing Wii games that look like they were developed by a 5 year old, you're all on the fucking blacklist. No excuse for it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
dfyb said:
is ZOE3 wii for real? :(

hope it's just a dream wii fanboys cooked up wanting to steal more games they don't need to be playing on wii
No, it's not real.

This is one of those things we keep to ourselves.

Threi

notag
le.phat said:
not a chance :lol
but make enough ruckus and konami might throw you a zoe kart racer ;)
you should at least wait until ZOE3 is announced for PS3 before you start talking trash -_-

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
SamBishop said:
For those that didn't see my edit, Pacific Time.

thanks. I'm sure there's nothing to really get excited about, but God knows I could go for some more Lost in Blue Wii screenshots. Yummy

evilone

EA Employee
Oldschoolgamer said:
Well, ZoE2 wasn't made on Xbox or GC, so I don't see what's hard to understand about people asking for a wii version(or any other game that isn't exclusive. I.E. Halo). Yea, the game ran into technical problems. Who is to say that a 360 version won't have them. I've seen to many games run like ass, and less than 60fps on the HD consoles. Who is to say that the director's (who isn't Kojima) vision couldn't be handled well on Wii?

In terms of controls, I never thought about it. They could or couldn't "supplement" the series. I think one would be lacking in imagination if they just outright discount on the thought of "motion controls".

That being said, I would prefer a 360 version on the count of the 360 being "stronger" than the wii, tech wise. >___>

Probably wont happen. One, Koji prod does not like to do multi-platforming, second both part 1 and 2 are on the PS2 so how do you figure they would just ignore that huge fan base and Dev the game for x360? Third Koji prod is probably the best PS3 platform team at konami so it would make more sense for the team to stick to that platform since they already know how to code and possibly optimize their engine.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Y2Kev said:
fun as in nothing was revealed or fun as in there will be fanboy wars

Dewey's Adventure Beginnings: Tales of a Young Raindrop IS IMMINENT

GhaleonQ

Y2Kev said:
fun as in nothing was revealed or fun as in there will be fanboy wars

I like that on NeoGAF, there's no 3rd, "spectacular game reveals that will stoke warm feelings in everyone's hearts," option.

ElyrionX

I don't know how you guys are swallowing the Castlevania rehashes. I completed SoTN, AoS and DoS and I'm already absolutely sick of the Metroidvania formula.

And jesus fucking christ, ZOE3 on the Wii? Now, let's NOT start giving Konami some crazy ideas, people!

evilone said:
Probably wont happen. One, Koji prod does not like to do multi-platforming, second both part 1 and 2 are on the PS2 so how do you figure they would just ignore that huge fan base and Dev the game for x360? Third Koji prod is probably the best PS3 platform team at konami so it would make more sense for the team to stick to that platform since they already know how to code and possibly optimize their engine.

Well, MGS2 was both on 360 and PS3, so I don't think we should rule out that ZoE3 could be multi-platform yet.

Oldschoolgamer said:
Well, ZoE2 wasn't made on Xbox or GC, so I don't see what's hard to understand about people asking for a wii version(or any other game that isn't exclusive. I.E. Halo). Yea, the game ran into technical problems. Who is to say that a 360 version won't have them. I've seen to many games run like ass, and less than 60fps on the HD consoles. Who is to say that the director's (who isn't Kojima) vision couldn't be handled well on Wii?

In terms of controls, I never thought about it. They could or couldn't "supplement" the series. I think one would be lacking in imagination if they just outright discount on the thought of "motion controls".

That being said, I would prefer a 360 version on the count of the 360 being "stronger" than the wii, tech wise. >___>

I don't quite understand what you are saying in the first part (ZoE series was only on PS2 last gen, so I can understand why people want it on the Wii?). About "what if the 'next gen' version also has problems", I am not really saying that can't happen, but they have a lot more to work with to make it both beautiful and run well.

and I am not ruling out there could be more motion controls and I thought I kind of said it clearly before, but for the gameplay found in ZoE1 and 2 they cant really adapt it to motion control to the point where it will be a benefit. I am willing to accept that lots of games can really only be done on the Wii (at least console wise), but this isnt one of them that could really happen without drastically changing it around to fit. This also isnt the case like with MGS where the controls did need to be changed (and they have been), because as far as im concerned ZoE2 already has tight controls that work perfectly. It isnt lack of imagination, it is that I can think of a dozen ways to change it to maybe fit the game on the Wii, but none would really hold up the same stellar gameplay or really add any advantages over the traditional controls found on the previous games (again, unless you think shaking the wiimote is better than pressing a button to do the same action).

ElyrionX

Oldschoolgamer said:

Uhhh, I think it's as simple as:

People don't want shitty graphics for a sequel to one of the most beautiful games of last gen. And if you're bringing it to the Wii, shitty graphics is guaranteed, especially for HDTV owners.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
ElyrionX said:

People don't want shitty graphics for a sequel to one of the most beautiful games of last gen. And if you're bringing it to the Wii, shitty graphics is guaranteed, especially for HDTV owners.

"Shitty graphics" are not guaranteed just because a company puts a game on Wii, regardless of what kind of TV you have. On the other hand, third parties generally don't give a damn about their Wii games, so you may still be right.

Teknoman

ElyrionX said:

That doesnt make sense. If ZOE looked that damn good on the PS2, it should still look even better on the Wii. And in progressive scan. Shitty graphics NOT guaranteed.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Why are we still talking about ZoE, this thread is about Konami’s Gamer’s Night and it wasn't announced.

We should make a "ZOE WII, WHAT YOU THINK" thread for that.

OokieSpookie said:
I was thinking that my sarcasm meter might have red ringed, but not sure.
At first I thought it was a misplaced troll at Wii graphics, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe it's a honest typo.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Alaluef said:
Why are we still talking about ZoE, this thread is about Konami’s Gamer’s Night and it wasn't announced.

We should make a "ZOE WII, WHAT YOU THINK" thread for that.
Nah, let them keep going so they can all just get bansticked.

Darkpen

Banned
sp0rsk said:
A bunch of deleted photobucket pics itt :/
sad face :(

Linkzg said:
Well, MGS2 was both on 360 and PS3, so I don't think we should rule out that ZoE3 could be multi-platform yet.
lolololol, mixing up our console generations, are we?

but no, seriously, ZoE Wii? Do Not Want. If I wanted last-gen graphics, I'd play ZoE 1 and 2.

The mere thought of next-gen ZoE 3 graphics is just sex on a platter. Which direction would they go? The clean anime look of ZoE2? Or do they add some grit and realism, giving a ZoE 1.5+ look? Armored Core 4A's intro cg video comes to mind, and I would LOVE that level of detail in the mechs, if they could get even close to it.

ElyrionX

Metaphoreus said:
"Shitty graphics" are not guaranteed just because a company puts a game on Wii, regardless of what kind of TV you have. On the other hand, third parties generally don't give a damn about their Wii games, so you may still be right.

Teknoman said:
That doesnt make sense. If ZOE looked that damn good on the PS2, it should still look even better on the Wii. And in progressive scan. Shitty graphics NOT guaranteed.

What I meant was the game would have shitty graphics COMPARED to PS3/360 games. And ZOE2 looked good LAST GEN. If they made a ZOE3 on the Wii, it would look horrible this gen.

ZOE2 was a fantastic experience and the presentation and graphics were a huge part of that experience. People (like myself) who are clamouring for ZOE3 want to have that experience in glorious high definition.

ElyrionX

It's a Konami thread. Why should we get banned? The OP didn't even state anything about not talking about ZOE3. And last I heard, ZOE is a Konami franchise.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Moduckroll strikes again.

ElyrionX said:
It's a Konami thread. Why should we get banned? The OP didn't even state anything about not talking about ZOE3. And last I heard, ZOE is a Konami franchise.
It's about an specific event and what's coming out of it, not generally about Konami and all of their franchises. As I said above, it's better if someone creates a new thread to have discussions about ZoE.

Teknoman

Well anyway, I really hope OoE (right abbreviation?) has some great music and voice acting. If there is one thing you can ALWAYS expect from a Castlevania game, it's a great soundtrack. And even with all the complaints about SH5, im still remaining optimistic.

Still no announcement on the limited availability of the gunmetal PS3? I hope it's not first come first serve. It would be like PS3 release night again.

Top Bottom