• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition has been on sale and selling reasonably at that, which indicates to me the game is not going away in the foreseeable future. Let's say it moves over to Steamworks. Will the achievements port over as well, or will you need to start from scratch?
Game on sale weeks before it gets pulled?
giorgio+tsoukalos_is_such_a_thing_even_possible.png

"Scamco"

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'm guessing it's not available in his region, and he's offering to pick up something of equal value for whoever buys it for him? Either that, or he's lost his mind. >.>

No, he probably wants to save 5 euro by having someone buy it for him from the US and then paypaling him the money. Or he is just begging for it

MRORANGE

Only two people for next month so far....

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for June (What's on your radar)

Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for each month by submitting mini recommendations.
Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in June that is on Steam.
2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
3. Send me a PM with what you have written.

Gods Will Be Watching - More_Badass
Unrest - BinaryPork2737

d18OIhN.png
Best game In May that you liked (Recommendation/review)

Played a game in May that was great? We want to hear about it, write a review and it will in next month's OP.

Rules:
1. Choose a game that came out on Steam that you liked
2. Write a review about it
3. Send me a PM with what you have written.

Deadline for both:

t1401472800z0.png

Teeth

Capcom hasn't announced anything. Registry gleanings + someone thinking to try their GFWL key on the off chance that it would already work.

Thanks.

I also want to thank you for being a great source of information over the many Steam threads. I've been reading GAF since 2008 and the Steam threads have sort of become my home. So it was only appropriate that I was going to screw up my first post here.

Grief.exe

So Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition has been on sale and selling reasonably at that, which indicates to me the game is not going away in the foreseeable future. Let's say it moves over to Steamworks. Will the achievements port over as well, or will you need to start from scratch?

I'm debating whether to start playing now or after the inevitable (?) move.

Save files may or may not be compatible. Worst case scenario someone will come up with a hex editor to force compatibility.

I'm looking forward to starting from scratch and earning all the achievements. I will probably get a small GAF group together to get the Rare Weapons achievement.

fantomena

Found this: http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/Th...eluxe-dayz-standalone-w-5238-6044-2619-paypal

38€ is very cheap imo. Hope he is safe.

Edit: Out of stock. Hrmf.

I'm guessing it's not available in his region, and he's offering to pick up something of equal value for whoever buys it for him? Either that, or he's lost his mind. >.>

It is avaiable, but it is cheaper in USA.

The way you worded it sounded like you wanted someone to just give you a copy of Watch Dogs.

Haha, no. :p

Just use a VPN

Using VPN to buy games ain't allowed, mate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm debating whether to start playing now or after the inevitable (?) move.

GFWL saves should be compatible following a little bit of fiddling.

Thanks.

I also want to thank you for being a great source of information over the many Steam threads. I've been reading GAF since 2008 and the Steam threads have sort of become my home. So it was only appropriate that I was going to screw up my first post here.

<3

Milamber

Ubi did update the unlock times... to the chagrin of everybody. Instead of the game unlocking worldwide on the 26th at 10am PT, the unlock dates are now:

AU/NZ: 2 days and 7 hours
America: 2 days and 14 hours
Europe: 2 days and 18 hours
Asia (excluding HK, JP and TW) and Europe: 2 days and 18 hours/3 days and 3 hours
Hong Kong, Japan and Taiwan: 1 month, 5 days and 3 hours

Oh gods! Middle East is getting unlocked in 3 days 1 hour. We're late by a day.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@VagabondDog 9:36 AM
Can non-combat games about relationships sell? Always Sometimes Monsters has turned a profit in less than a week. Thank you all, so much.

Tellaerin

Ubi did update the unlock times... to the chagrin of everybody. Instead of the game unlocking worldwide on the 26th at 10am PT, the unlock dates are now:

AU/NZ: 2 days and 7 hours
America: 2 days and 14 hours
Europe: 2 days and 18 hours
Asia (excluding HK, JP and TW) and Europe: 2 days and 18 hours/3 days and 3 hours
Hong Kong, Japan and Taiwan: 1 month, 5 days and 3 hours

2 days, 2 days, 2 days, 2 days... one month? The hell?

JakeD

very impressed by steam streaming so far... took a bit of effort to get stuff moved around so that it could be wired in but i think it will get a ton of use. i'm able to leave the resolution at 1080p for most games and get good performance. and for other games, any slowdown has been fixed by changing to my laptops res of 1366x768.

can you change dark souls res in game or should you do it through DSFix?

Can non-combat games about relationships sell? Always Sometimes Monsters has turned a profit in less than a week. Thank you all, so much.

Was about to post that. With all the doom and gloom about the changes regarding Steam and indies, there are still success stories.

crozier

Save files may or may not be compatible. Worst case scenario someone will come up with a hex editor to force compatibility.

I'm looking forward to starting from scratch and earning all the achievements. I will probably get a small GAF group together to get the Rare Weapons achievement.
Hmm, maybe I'll go this route. Add me to your group if there's room. I'm loving the hell out of Dark Souls 2 (nearly to NG+) and can't wait to see what I missed the first time around.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

It totally deserves it. I'm not too fond of RPGmaker games but Always Sometimes Monsters is fantastic and definitely my indie GOTY for 2014 so far

dream

Excellent! It's really one of the best and boldest games I've ever played, and at a time when much of the discourse around gaming centers around things like resolution, graphical downgrades, and the "next generation," it's awesome to see that I'm not the only person who bought an RPG Maker game about how hard life can be.

Dr Dogg

Only two people for next month so far....

I don't think there's anything for the next couple of months I'm that interested in let alone June. I might PM you something gushing about one of two games I've played in May depending which one I get finished by the end of the weekend. How many words roughly? Don't want to take up the OP and front page by banging on :p

Gangxxter

Worms Pinball is indeed a fun little game, I especially like how they used the sound effects from the original Worms games on the flipper table.
Only thing that irritates me is that the Steam Community Hub is full of Ecchi images and the only guide available is in Japanese oO

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My Street Fighter IV AE GFWL key doesn't redeem on Steam... does anyone know who I should contact about that?

Valve's not going to help since the key, strictly speaking, isn't supposed to work with Steam (yet) and Capcom's not going to help since it hasn't actually announced that the game is moving to Steamworks. You're just going to have to wait it out.

MRORANGE

I don't think there's anything for the next couple of months I'm that interested in let alone June. I might PM you something gushing about one of two games I've played in May depending which one I get finished by the end of the weekend. How many words roughly? Don't want to take up the OP and front page by banging on :p

I would say the same as what people are posting in the OP, if it's a long post, I'll probably just quote and link to the whole thing.

aku:jiki

SalsaShark: Do State of Decay mods disable achievements or leaderboards? I want to use the No Introduction mod, the gamma fix mod, and the Mt. Tanner Bridge repair mod, but I'd rather not use them if they impact leaderboards.
There's a mod that fixes the bridge? Why? You only need to go back there once and going around the bridge takes like 30 seconds...

Oh, BTW, hit 33 today. Here's to a good year all around.
WTF, I turn 33 tomorrow. Stop trying to be like me bro.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The game deserves it, it's a great game. I have the sneaking suspicion that a lot of the choices presented may just give you the illusion of choice, but it's a great game nonetheless.

The Steam tags can fuck right off. "RPGMaker Garbage, SJW Garbage, Get off steam." I'm disappointed by the Steam community without even looking at its forums.

Valve's not going to help since the key, strictly speaking, isn't supposed to work with Steam (yet) and Capcom's not going to help since it hasn't actually announced that the game is moving to Steamworks. You're just going to have to wait it out.
Yeah, I thought so. That's fine, though! I was mostly doing it to give to a friend since I have 2 copies, one on Steam and one I won beforehand. :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh man how did so many people find the game in the pile of shit that is the Steam store? Did the dev possibly not just rely on people looking at the front page of steam to market his game??

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, does everyone know if Killer is Dead works in a 32 bit OS? The store page lists 64 bit OS as a requirement.

Yeah, I know I should upgrade, but I'll do that whenever I get a new rig, it's not worth it reinstalling everything at this point.

Tizoc

Reposting

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

They breathe -- MB-EDC6ACBED2DD7A4C

t1401020903z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You can tell how long someone has been on Steam if they complain about how there is too much on the storefront now.

I remember a time when Valve was literally the devil for not allowing point and click pinball games up. Well here is the alternative, asshole.

Either you give a motherficker like me control and Serious Sam games disappear overnight, or you have to express some self control and a little forethought before spending money.
Oh well. You still wrote what is my opinion.
What Stallion Free wrote = a joke.
Fantomena's opinion = what Stallion Free wrote.
Fantomena's opinion = a joke.

Your words, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom