• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Question to all the insiders upset at this leak. I know leaks suck and I wish this was saved for the conference.

Are you guys upset because this is the ONLY big shock Sony has to show? Just wondering to quell my fears.

I think its mainly because the surprise would have a bigger impact if, y'know, we were actually surprised at E3. The leaks just diminishes it.

Foffy

Banned
This seems like the only game we know about that I actually care for at E3.

And that one game can make the event worth it.

Actually they didn't get that much, good.
robert-de-niro.gif

Finaj

Am I the only one who expects an exclusive running on arguably the most powerful console available to look, I don't know, a little better than this? Besides the lighting, I'm not seeing much of an upgrade from Dark Souls 2 (or maybe DS2 looked so poor and this upgrade isn't making that big of an impact for me when compared to other games, Idk).

I should probably wait until E3 considering it is unknown how early a build this leaked footage is. Hopefully the build that will likely show up at E3 is more impressive.

Nope i think this a controlled leak. The fact that the person who keeps leaking must have the whole video to leak already but keeps teasing little by little kinda points to the direction of a controlled leak.

Yea, I get the feeling too. They want to drum up hype and given the massive thread the rumor thread and no doubt this one will too, it's working very well. It overshadows anything MS announces, the hype for the Souls series is insane and it's there for a reason.

The Rumor thread alone was bigger than the price cut, Halo 5 and SO reveal threads combined, that's how big this is

I doubt this will ruin the momentum, when the trailer is revealed in HD and with sound, it's gonna hype everyone the same way all over again.

If anything people are still gonna have their minds blown at E3, even when it's revealed. The only thing I think that would REALLY shock people now is if this was actually an XBone exclusive, which even so it's apparently developed by Sony Japan Studio as well so that sure as fuck ain't happening.

Raoh

Except you missed two amazing games.

I'm sure I did, but I can't play them all. If it all ended at Dark Soul's then I will play it later, probably will at some cheap/ps+ like option... but the debate over DS and DS1 being so similar I never felt like I missed much.

Option 1, stop playing Demons Souls to play the multiplatform version of the game.

Option 2, just keep playing the original, its always been good, still is.

With Project Souls I get my next gen upgrade from Demons. I'm ok with this.

Boke1879

I think its mainly because the surprise would have a bigger impact if, y'know, we were actually surprised at E3. The leaks just diminishes it.

I figure as much. Don't get me wrong I agree. We are so close I hope things don't start leaking left and right.

Grief.exe

I almost wish this wasn't leaked.

The level of hype from watching this for the first time in full quality from a conference would just be unparalleled.

I still don't understand the partnership with Sony/PS4.

Can someone explain? I thought it was a rumour that it was exclusive, and that From Software would never go back to making exclusives... If this didn't leak, it would have been a megaton.

Josman

Holy F***

That looks INCREDIBLE, jesus I'm already regretting building a PC before getting a ps4, if it releases soon I'll buy a ps4 before buying the GPU

AlphaK

Wow this game looks amazing.

I definitely think that this is somewhat of a controlled leak by Sony/From. You see only enough to whet the appetite(random screens, gameplay snippets w/ no audio) but not a whole lot else about the game.

KdMgMan

This is not a controlled leak.

You don't leak something like this two weeks before E3.

Jesus guys, stop thinking everything is controlled.

you do if wanna build up hype, unless the full video gets leaked im just gonna keeping thinking this is being controlled to build hype.

Orayn

Am I the only one who expects an exclusive running on arguably the most powerful console available to look, I don't know, a little better than this? Besides the lighting, I'm not seeing much of an upgrade from Dark Souls 2 (or maybe DS2 looked so poor and this upgrade isn't making that big of an impact for me when compared to other games, Idk).

I should probably wait until E3 considering it is unknown how early a build this leaked footage is. Hopefully the build that will likely show up at E3 is more impressive.

It's From Software. They will never be high budget tech masters, expect all the visual goodness to come from art direction.

ZenTzen

you serious, just from the gifs alone it looks miles better than DS2

popyea

Anyone notice how the run animation is super similar to the one in Dark Souls? For whatever dumb reason, that detail gets me excited. I don't like to hate on DS2, but this feels like the real sequel right now.

If this game was a lady you have NO idea what I'd do to her.

I'd take her out for dinner. I'd make her laugh and listen to her attentively. I would be by her side when she needs me and give her space when she doesn't. I would hold her in my arms when we are together. I would love her family and friend as much as her. I would ask her to marry me. I would build my family with her. We would raise them together through thick and thin. We would grow old together. As we sit side by side in the hospital beds, we gaze at each others eye as if to say that we were the best thing to happen to us. As consciousness slowly fades away our eyelids become heavier. As I say goodbye to this world and everything I hold dear I take a look at my lover one last time. What is laying on the bed is not my lover but a killer fucking demon with wings and horns and chainsaws for arms and OH SHIT WHERE'S MY SHOTGUN FUCK I HAVEN'T SPENT MY SOULS FUCK ASS SHIT SHIT.

YOU DIED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom