• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everyone ordering from dicksmith beware! They're screwing over a lot of people at the moment. They had a 20% off sale recently on ebay and 2 people I know ordered tablets. Dicksmith took the money and so far has been completely dark. After e-mailing them they keep getting automated messages saying they aren't there. On ebay they promised a delivery before next week and now my friends are completely screwed and need to buy tablets again because they aren't going to get them in time for what they need.

Looking on DSE's facebook there have been a flood of people saying that they took their money and won't contact them or ship their item. So many that instead of dicksmith fixing the issue they've disabled comments on their page. Dodgy as shit!

That's terrible.

Mutes your xbone is never going to arrive.

Shaneus

That's what I was thinking, the poang will probably do just fine.
Jesus, is that basically *the* go-to Ikea chair for driving games? I bought one specifically for that purpose because it's comfy and works with my wheelstand, after reading somewhere else they're perfect for it (probably on GAF).

Anyone saw the tennis? Brilliant stuff by Kyrgios!

nope but heard about it
Interested to see how he goes next round

Won tickets to the aquarium on Gold 104.3 this morning. Woot!

Haven't won anything ever I don't think!

You're taking our jerbs and our prizes! congrats
Yeah I've never really won anything

I get transaction fees of like 3-5 dollars a month on comm bank, is that normal or some scam?

Different to account fees or international transaction fees? That does seem a bit odd.
But yeah right said fred, it's worth looking around and going to another mob. Commbank generic transaction and saving accounts are pretty shit these days.

It's possible, using a particular pouring technique, to achieve a similar consistency and mouthfeel to draft beer from a bottle. Doesn't suit all styles of beer though and requires some patience.
Been doing that for years :)
Was fun trying to get the better head than each other.

Wait. I mean

So everyone ordering from dicksmith beware! They're screwing over a lot of people at the moment. They had a 20% off sale recently on ebay and 2 people I know ordered tablets. Dicksmith took the money and so far has been completely dark. After e-mailing them they keep getting automated messages saying they aren't there. On ebay they promised a delivery before next week and now my friends are completely screwed and need to buy tablets again because they aren't going to get them in time for what they need.

Looking on DSE's facebook there have been a flood of people saying that they took their money and won't contact them or ship their item. So many that instead of dicksmith fixing the issue they've disabled comments on their page. Dodgy as shit!
Yeah they have been dicking me around on the $30 coupon they promised for charging me $15 postage. Was told to email them, then no response. Called their Indian call centre, stayed on hold for 45 minutes and was told it would be fixed up, no response. Bitched about them on twitter, got ONE reply saying they sent it, I replied saying there was no evidence of it and to send it again, no response. Their twitter today told me to be patient >.>

I'll post some good ones from there

PS3
Zone of the Enders – HD Collection for $12
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for $7.50
Demon’s Souls for $7.50
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition for $7
House of the Dead 4 for $4

Vita
Final Fantasy 1 PSP for $7.50
Final Fantasy 2 PSP for $7.50
Final Fantasy 3 3DS for $11
Final Fantasy 4 PSP (plus The After Years) for $7.50
Final Fantasy 5 PSOne for $7.50
Final Fantasy 6 PSOne for $7.50
Final Fantasy 7 PSOne for $7.50
Final Fantasy 8 PSOne for $7.50
Final Fantasy 9 isn't on special?!?
Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Vita for $29 (FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!)
Final Fantasy Crystal Defenders PSP for $7.50

Parasite Eve 2 PSOne for $5.25
Parasite Eve The 3rd Birthday PSP for $15

Persona 2 Innocent Sin PSP for $15
Persona 3 PSP for $17.50

Trails In The Sky PSP for $17.50

G_Berry

Banned
Hey does anyone know the best place in Australia to sell N64 games?

I had no idea some of these were worth as much as they are and I have a pretty good collection.

Starcraft 64 and Conkers seem to be going for a bit of cash!

Yrael

I don't know if I could ever sell my Nintendo 64 cartridges...particularly Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. They give me so much nostalgia.

(Also, hi, first post in this thread here. :))

Paging Dr. Cods, which of the following are good?

James Boag's Draught
Heineken
Cooper's Sparkling Ale
Little Creatures Bright Ale
Kosciuszko Pale Ale
James Squire Orchard Crush Apple Cider

The bold ones I haven't tried before. Going for a PAX meet tomorrow, would like to try the good ones. Thanks in advance.

Unrelated Ebay store.

Aw crap I got excited for nothing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey does anyone know the best place in Australia to sell N64 games?

I had no idea some of these were worth as much as they are and I have a pretty good collection.

Starcraft 64 and Conkers seem to be going for a bit of cash!

Pm me your list or post here if you want :) ill happily purchase a few!

Not sc64 tho... already got that... boxed...

senahorse

Jesus, is that basically *the* go-to Ikea chair for driving games? I bought one specifically for that purpose because it's comfy and works with my wheelstand, after reading somewhere else they're perfect for it (probably on GAF).

It seems to be, cheap, comfortable for long periods of time, it's certainly my go to chair for TV gaming.

Paging Dr. Cods, which of the following are good?

Little Creatures Bright Ale
James Squire Orchard Crush Apple Cider
The wife likes the cider. Little Creatures is probably the best beer pick IMO, but it's nothing outstanding.

It seems to be, cheap, comfortable for long periods of time, it's certainly my go to chair for TV gaming.
I think everyone has one of those! Isn't it some sort of mandatory purchase once you hit a certain age?

Stackboy

Hey guys I still like games and think Giant Bomb is a good place to watch videos and read about video games.

Sweet. Ben Folds is doing a thing with the MSO in December. Tickets are locked in, Eddie.

No Brisbane show :(

I don't think I could justify $19 for an IOS game. Always wanted to play the first one onps3 or 360 though. I have the first one on IOS already but, for free. But not $19.

I got my internet fixed yesterday afternoon and is GLORIOUS. Apparently iinet came out and identified it was a problem at the exchange. Telstra were on it in 20 minutes. WUT.

Rizzi

I'm kinda tempted to take it down to CEX along with my video card and see if I can wrangle myself up an upgrade to my pc.
I know this is probably the worst method of selling it though, heh.

I'm kinda tempted to take it down to CEX along with my video card and see if I can wrangle myself up an upgrade to my pc.
I know this is probably the worst method of selling it though, heh.

All the recent dick smith sales have ruined the second hand prices, for me anyway. It'd have to be $300ish if I was to buy one in the future. Your best bet would be throw it up on ebay/gumtree.

Quasar

Hey guys I still like games and think Giant Bomb is a good place to watch videos and read about video games.

I'll admit I tend to enjoy buying and talking about and consuming video games media more than I do the act of playing. Or at least that seems to be true given the ratio of time spent.

Danoss

Hell, I'd settle for finding people to play the tabletop game with. But that seems pretty unlikely.

There are some resources for finding people to game with nearby, depending on where you are. Is you're going to PAX, that as good a place as any.

The good roleplaying groups are always willing to take in new blood. New roleplayers are the best because they often have minimal or no preconceptions as to what they're supposed to be doing, which is great because you should be able to do pretty much whatever you want. New roleplayers also don't have some habits that the older gamers do.

Vampire can be a difficult game to find a suitable group for, some of them can be weird—uncomfortably so. If you like the vibe of that game, I'd say have a look at the Kickstarter that just finished called Urban Shadows. It's a different approach to the same kind of world that is more conducive to producing the game at the table that Vampire tries to, but fails.

If I could free up some of my hobby time, I'd be able to prepare a game that I've said I'd run many times. Roleplaying and miniature related stuff that I'm currently participating in is eating up most of it, but that will ease with time.

I've never played any tabletop games. But they all seem so interesting!

If you're extending ‘tabletop’ to include board games and even miniature games, there are a number of places where you can participate or find other people who would love to have you. Local hobby stores are a great place to start.

neither

but i've read like the sourcebooks for 2 editions of D&D, like 6 versions of WoD/nWoD, and am probably going to end up reading a bunch of Shadowrun sourcebooks at some point

Inexplicably the fiction writing in WoD sourcebooks is far superior to the actual fiction books they publish

I'm beginning to read Dragon Kings by Timothy Brown. It's the spiritual successor to Dark Sun, which he also wrote, and after one chapter I want to know so much more about the world. There seems to be plenty of detail, but leaves enough gaps to be filled during play without being frustrating to read in the slightest. It only just came out in PDF with the hardcover to follow later. Worth every cent in my mind.

After a brief email exchange with Tim, you'd be supporting a good guy. He made a prog rock album to go along with it too! Unexpected, but still cool. Seriously, check it out.

As for World of Darkness, if you like the fiction in the sourcebooks then I'd recommend checking out a couple of the authors who now write their own fiction and/or create games. Chuck Wendig had a very unique style and I really dig what I have read of his so far—it's easy to read and very entertaining; no one writes like Chuck. Reminds me I need to read Blue Blazes by him.

Greg Stolze is the other who has his own fiction, many of which his publishing model allows him to release as free ebooks with some of them for only a few dollars. Greg's games are pretty rad (to put it lightly) and one of his systems grew out of the work he did on the WoD line—he took the d10 pool and made it really sing. One Roll Engine is the system it became with Wild Talents being an actually good superhero game using it, and you should see the Progenitor sourcebook for it, OH MY! Alternate history that will blow you away!

One of his most well known games is Unknown Armies. Even if you don't care for the game (which is showing its age and I believe is getting a 2nd edition), get it for everything else that you'll love reading. The setting is beyond cool.

Dead Man

Fucking gaming forum is getting even more shithouse these days. Ask questions, get accused of attacking Sony. Never mind I have only ever owned 2 non Sony consoles. And one of those is a Sega, the other a N64. But yeah, I'm a fanboy attacking Sony.

Awesome.

Guess that's the last time I post there for a while.

jambo

Disgusting Dead Man, using the AusGAF thread to try and convince people that you aren't a Sony hater with a raging XBoner!

Dead Man

Disgusting Dead Man, using the AusGAF thread to try and convince people that you aren't a Sony hater with a raging XBoner!

:( I had to try or MS will fire me from the astroturf entertainment division. I'll be forced to make encouraging posts on message boards about Windows 8 :(

I must now resign from my glorious company, MS you were like a father to me. I have shamed you and myself.

Axiom

The problem with all these deals is that despite living a content life without a 3DS, missing out on the KMart cheap ones and being denied a price match from Target or Big W, I now really want one.

It's not like I don't already love my Vita, I just want to play Pokemon now.

So now I'll be rocking up at OzComicCon and eyeing those too.

Quasar

Fucking gaming forum is getting even more shithouse these days. Ask questions, get accused of attacking Sony. Never mind I have only ever owned 2 non Sony consoles. And one of those is a Sega, the other a N64. But yeah, I'm a fanboy attacking Sony.

Awesome.

Guess that's the last time I post there for a while.

Kind of curious as to the kind of question.

Quasar

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=848324&page=3

My first post is 262. Be careful, there is an old man yelling at clouds in there before it's done :)

Fair enough. All I'll say is that whilst I dislike default autorenewing, I don't think the disabling is especially hard to find in Sonys case.

Speaking of which...that reminds me I need to disable the autorenew in my Crunchyroll sub. Now maybe I did enable it, but new the new payment go through a few days ago did surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom