• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If You Have/Create An EU PSN Account, You Can Download the Destiny Beta Right Now

10487288_10152131662395826_1927361510813966207_n.jpg

Go to the EU PSN store, search for Destiny, pre-order it (for no immediate charge), and the Beta will begin downloading.

It will say that it has completed after downloading a small portion of it, but will continue to download in the background. To see the actual progress, navigate to the Destiny Beta tile, click the OPTIONS button, and select Information. You'll see a screen similar to the one in this post.

You will be able to play it on your main account in any region, so long as you go to Settings -> PSN -> Activate as Your Primary PS4.

Thanks to Dan27 for cancellation instructions:

OK. For PS4 clarification:

Pre-order the title. It will start downloading the beta.

Then go into: Settings -> PSN -> Account Information -> Wallet

Select: Transaction History.

Select: Next

You should see a Product Purchase in the amount of UK/Euro 0.00 from the date you preordered. Click on that Purchase entry

Select: Cancel Pre-order

That means you'll be able to download the Beta, and also ensure that the preorder is cancelled.

Thanks to benny_a for bringing attention to what the SEN EULA says about pre-orders and cancellations:

8. Pre-Orders
You agree that for pre-orders of digital content products:
(i) we can charge you on the payment date displayed when you place your pre-order (if we accept it);
(ii) you or we may cancel your pre-order up to (but not including) the release date, in which case any sums deducted from your SEN wallet will be refunded (but this may not occur until after the release date);
(iii) we may make the pre-ordered products available to you on the release date and, once made available, as far as permitted by law, you will have no further right to cancel your order or to a "cooling off period";
(iv) when you cancel a pre-order you will no longer be entitled to any promotional services and/or products offered with the pre-order but if you subsequently access the service and/or product we will still charge you at full pre-order price; and
(v) you will not use your pre-ordered product until the release date, even if you are able to download it earlier.
When you place a pre-order, ‘Automatic Funding’ for your SEN wallet will be automatically turned "On" if you have registered a payment method (e.g. a credit or debit card). You can switch Automatic Funding "Off" at any time via your SEN account management page.

Please double-check that you don't have any money in your wallet and that you don't have a registered payment method that can be used to charge you.

But are the servers up?

edit: oh...then what's the point?

edit2: oh, 15GB...well then...ya, that is good stuff then to basically have it pre-loaded

10487288_10152131662395826_1927361510813966207_n.jpg

Go to the EU PSN store, search for Destiny, pre-order it (for no immediate charge), and the Beta will begin downloading.

It will say that it has completed after downloading a small portion of it, but will continue to download in the background. To see the actual progress, navigate to the Destiny Beta tile, click the OPTIONS button, and select Information. You'll see a screen similar to the one in this post.

You will be able to play it on your main account in any region, so long as you go to Settings -> PSN -> Activate as Your Primary PS4.

can i cancel the preorder at anytime?

Rojo

So let me make it clear im a us account guy and i have no card in the PS4 euro account. If i preorder i can cancel so i wont get charged i don't want to have my PSN account terminated like that other thread.

So let me make it clear im a us account guy and i have no card in the PS4 euro account. If i preorder i can cancel so i wont get charged i don't want to have my PSN account terminated like that other thread.
Link to other thread?

I'm also in the US and do not have a payment option on my EU account; it's only been used to download non-paid content.

Jezbollah

You should see a Product Purchase in the amount of UK/Euro 0.00 from the date you preordered. Click on that Purchase entry

That means you'll be able to download the Beta, and also ensure that the preorder is cancelled.

BibiMaghoo

Risky, If you forget that's £54.99 going to be charged on your card. Not worth it for a beta, assuming you can even cancel it without calling Sony.

ah cool.

Rojo

Thank you yea it worked.

Hedrush

I never knew this. I was under the impression you couldn't cancel PSN preorders. Really don't want to take the chance on £54.99 just for a beta. I think I'll just wait.

I've added this quote to the original post. Thank you!

Thanks OP.

Not gonna do it however since it is too much of a hassle. On thursday I should have no trouble downloading it while I am at work so no hurry on my part.

EGOMON

I made EU account and it worked the beta is now downloading, thanks OP and Dan27 for showing how to cancel the pre-order.

Not gonna do it however since it is too much of a hassle.
Beta might go live before the 17th.

image.php

It's like buying a quickload cartridge. I never had one; it's like my dad wanted the 5-year-old me to type the command instructions, which might explain my desire to write code. Wow, major psychological revelation here.

bombshell

I didn't think you could cancel PSN pre orders. I'll wait for clarification first.

EU PSN allows preorder cancellations because they don't charge until the day before release.

US PSN charges immediately and does not allow preorder cancellations.

Hedrush

EU PSN allows preorder cancellations because they don't charge until the day before release.

US PSN charges immediately and does not allow preorder cancellations.

Ahh ok that must be where I'm getting mixed up. Cheers for that, might aswell download now then.

Top Bottom