• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

Loved the RE5 racial claims? Then you'll probably like this one too:

Anyway, congrats on your awesome new game, Sony. I'm positively thrilled to see such unyielding dedication to creating a new generation of fat-hating, heteronormative assholes. It's not often I have the opportunity to congratulate a cutting-edge tech company on such splendiferous retrofuck jackholery. Way to go! The Fat Princess of Shakes Manor salutes you.

fat.jpg

http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/2008/07/i-write-letters.html

Love the comments...

She's making a big fuss out of it. Why can't people see games nothing more than games?

Cdammen

She didn't get the royalties? Hang in there. Sony's check is on its way :(

From the blogpost said:
P.S. The PS2 sucked.
:lol

(EDIT) Oh the comments! They're killing me! :lol

okapav.jpg

Shop by Himuro.

sonicmj1

Now that I'm home from college for the summer, I thought I was safe from hearing the word 'heteronormative' get thrown around.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Haha she said the PS2 sucked. :lol

Let me guess, she hates WiiFit too?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Awesome! I wondered if there would be some sort of outcry over this. Sony damn well better not change the name. Fat Princess is simply too great of a name for them to give in to the politcaly correct crowd... although Morbidly Obese Princess does sound pretty great.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't even see how the game could be labeled "fat hating".

Maybe if the objective was to kill the princess or some crap...

Eitherway, people get upset over the stupidest shit.

Zissou

This part was the best:

—but the only thing I can't figure out is why anyone would want to rescue a fat princess in the first place, since everyone knows that fat girls are unlovable human garbage at whom any sensible bloke would sooner hurl invective than cast a longing glance.

WasabiKing said:
Viral website, stroke of GENIUS

Nah, it's a legit liberal blog that's been around for a while. I wasn't aware that it (or one of its writers, at least) was into the fat-acceptance thing, though.

Speaking of which:

[QUOTE="Paul" at some stupid fat-acceptance blog]Gee, this isn't sexist nor sizist in the least! A new game at E3 called Fat Princess involves battles and, oh yeah, fattening up a woman to the point of immobility. SUCH A GOOD IDEA.

Does it offend me more as a feminist or as a fat activist? I can't decide.[/QUOTE]

By the way, the RE5 controversy, unlike this, is an entirely legitimate issue... even if the vast majority of GAF thinks otherwise.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
There always has to be one vocal person to get offended by something like this, but I'm surprised that it took a week to happen actually...

Wow, I see loads of bans...

In all seriousness, I don't see the problem. There's a princess, and she's FAT. Not chunky, not thick, not plump, or other shit that people say to be nice. Now someone put up the WHY SO SERIOUS Joker image so this thread can be awesome.

I hope you kind folks at Titan Studios do not cave into pressure and change the name of the game.

Loudninja

WasabiKing said:
Wow, I see loads of bans...

In all seriousness, I don't see the problem. There's a princess, and she's FAT. Not chunky, not thick, not plump, or other shit that people say to be nice. Now someone put up the WHY SO SERIOUS Joker image so this thread can be awesome.

I hope you kind folks at Titan Studios do not cave into pressure and change the name of the game.

She is not even fat at the start!

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
WasabiKing said:

QFT. The name itself is what got my attention.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
WasabiKing said:

The funny thing is that most of the inital buzz around the game was largely around the brashness it took to give the game that title. You just don't see that kind of stuff very often anymore (though people like the blog poster would likely argue that you do still unjustifiably see it for a select few groups), so it's a good attention grab if tied to a seemingly worthwhile product.

:lol Nothing is safe from being offensive to someone I guess.

RE5's attention, though a little overboard, was understandable to a point.

This is just ridiculous.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
There's an irony that makers of this game apparently understand that a fat or slim princess regardless is a human being worth saving, while this self titled fat activist doesn't (yes, I know she was being sarcastic with that quote, but so am I dammit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom