• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GF thread ... This one will make you laugh at me

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoxManiac

travisbickle said:
I'm against this "kissing is cheating" thing!

No way is kissing cheating, kissing is a way of finding out if you have feelings for someone or a drunken happening.

Having sex with another girl once is being an "arsehole" and you shouldn't be in a relationship.

Having sex with multiple women once or one girl multiple times is what I define as cheating.

Any physical contact that is intended to be sexual in nature (including kissing) is cheating, period. No exceptions.

It's just the definition "cheating" I disagree with. I don't want to state that kissing someone who's not your partner is the best way to find out your true feelings, but it is a good way.

And I don't think people should burden themselves with the idea that it's cheating if you kiss someone else, I would feel a bit perturbed if my girlfriend was going out and kissing guys everytime she was drunk but I would think she had a problem with drinking/low self esteem over declaring she was "cheating on me" every time she went out.

lexdysia

Banned
travisbickle said:
No I wouldn't. I'd question myself why I was dating a girl who'd go around kissing multiple guys at a party (or is it different parties?) but you've taken my statement to the extreme.

In a real scenario where you've been going out with a girl for about 12months, and one night you're at a party, you've been chatting to some girl who you get along with and late in the evening when you're both drunk you kiss; or you've met up with an old female friend and it's all got nostalgic, you end up kissing; or (real situation) you are out with all your friends but you get split up and you and your best mates' girlfriend are walking home together and you end up kissing.

I wouldn't call any of those scenarios cheating, people are human, things happen, and unless you're having a sexual relationship with another woman, or going out on a regular basis and sleeping with different women, you are not, under my classification, cheating.

The "fireworks" that go off when kissing someone don't last forever. If that's all you base a so-called stable relationship on, then you will be disappointed a few months into every relationship. Sure, kissing can be special years into a relationship, but by that point it's about sharing experiences rather than just the purely physical aspect.

MoxManiac

travisbickle said:
It's just the definition "cheating" I disagree with. I don't want to state that kissing someone who's not your partner is the best way to find out your true feelings, but it is a good way.

And I don't think people should burden themselves with the idea that it's cheating if you kiss someone else, I would feel a bit perturbed if my girlfriend was going out and kissing guys everytime she was drunk but I would think she had a problem with drinking/low self esteem over declaring she was "cheating on me" every time she went out.

I wasn't aware there were multiple definitions? Regardless, if I found out my GF kissed some guy at a party, it'd be over on the spot.

travisbickle said:
No I wouldn't. I'd question myself why I was dating a girl who'd go around kissing multiple guys at a party (or is it different parties?) but you've taken my statement to the extreme.

In a real scenario where you've been going out with a girl for about 12months, and one night you're at a party, you've been chatting to some girl who you get along with and late in the evening when you're both drunk you kiss; or you've met up with an old female friend and it's all got nostalgic, you end up kissing; or (real situation) you are out with all your friends but you get split up and you and your best mates' girlfriend are walking home together and you end up kissing.

I wouldn't call any of those scenarios cheating, people are human, things happen, and unless you're having a sexual relationship with another woman, or going out on a regular basis and sleeping with different women, you are not, under my classification, cheating.

I can't decide if you're a huge d-bag or just an idiot. Cheating is whatever your SIGNIFICANT OTHER deems it to be. When you're in a relationship, you don't get to decide if kissing your best friend's girl is cheating. The offended parties decide.

Now, you can always just not tell your SO, but by doing that you're implicitly agreeing that it's cheating. If you didn't think it was cheating you would tell your SO.

And I'm not like some of our virgin-GAF brethren. I've done my share of dirt and, being on both sides of the situation, if you're in a relationship, kissing is very much cheating. Trust is at a premium in relationships, and this ruins it in a second.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
travisbickle said:

Wat? So your gf is allowed to kiss whoever she wants? If she was out getting drunk and making out with random dudes you would be more concerned about her low self esteem than her making out with other guys? Damn, you are a cheater's wet dream.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Wow, they actually took my thread title suggestion.:lol Ballin'

OP's epic backfire is complete, backpedal into another backfire sequence has now commenced.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
joeblackisback said:
I can't decide if you're a huge d-bag or just an idiot. Cheating is whatever your SIGNIFICANT OTHER deems it to be. When you're in a relationship, you don't get to decide if kissing your best friend's girl is cheating. The offended parties decide.

Now, you can always just not tell your SO, but by doing that you're implicitly agreeing that it's cheating. If you didn't think it was cheating you would tell your SO.

And I'm not like some of our virgin-GAF brethren. I've done my share of dirt and, being on both sides of the situation, if you're in a relationship, kissing is very much cheating. Trust is at a premium in relationships, and this ruins it in a second.

I *bow* for you..
Nice to see someone else who has had their fair share of experience chiming in, in this thread.
Some comments here... are pretty crazy...

A lot of people on this site have had a lot of things happen to them within relationships, me included, I just don't define kissing as cheating.

People keep bandying around this girl that I'm going out with whom goes out to every party gets drunk and snogs loads of guys, I've never known anyone girl or boy to do that, it's just a distorted view of what I'm saying; If a girlfriend of mine, in a moment, kissed someone else I wouldn't say they were a cheater.

dskillzhtown said:
Wat? So your gf is allowed to kiss whoever she wants? If she was out getting drunk and making out with random dudes you would be more concerned about her low self esteem than her making out with other guys? Damn, you are a cheater's wet dream.

I've had a girlfriend tell me that she realises that people can make mistakes and she understands when people have sex with others while in a relationship. I didn't automatically think I could go out and shag around.

Nolan. said:
I think he probably embellished the story in the other thread for high 5's. Eitherway very silly. Also you shouldn't give someone so much room to think up a story.
I actually believe the "fucked her like a beast" line was in regards to the make up sex he had with his GF for cheating on her. He said that as a response to his confession. No man feels guilty for "months" and then fucks his GF "like a beast" for just "kissing" another woman. No way. Even it was just a kiss, his original post which I quoted for posterity shows how much he thinks being kissed on the neck and being in another man's arms is cheating. There's no room for argument here.

He's a punk.

w1ndst0rm

travisbickle said:
I'm against this "kissing is cheating" thing!

No way is kissing cheating, kissing is a way of finding out if you have feelings for someone or a drunken happening.

Having sex with another girl once is being an "arsehole" and you shouldn't be in a relationship.

Having sex with multiple women once or one girl multiple times is what I define as cheating.

You are a cheater ... even worse a rationalizing cheater.

I think he's right, if you're committed to a person and making all kinds of compromises for them it's only fair to drop them once they break your trust like that. A relationship needs to be equal between both partners for it to be fair, and if they decided all the effort you have put in isn't worth it by cheating on you, then their ass needs to get dumped.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
"With the expansion of understanding of other cultures, there is a wide spectrum of what cheating means. When in a committed relationship, the definition of cheating is based on both parties opinions and both parties may redefine their understanding to match the party at an either lower or higher extreme of this definition. Some couples simply believe that cheating constitutes doing anything, whether verbal or physical, that one would not do in front of their significant other. Such examples would include: expressing attraction to another person, electronic communications, kissing, making out, and sexual relations."

nothings white or black people.

one kiss is forgivable.
your girlfriend constantly having conversations with a guys she's interested can be mentally damaging for her. more than one kiss. if shes falling in love.
fucking can be hard to ever forgive.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
VeritasVierge said:
No man feels guilty for "months" and then fucks his GF "like a beast" for just "kissing" another woman. No way.

please tell us more definitive truths about men

SRG01

DeathNote said:
one kiss is forgivable.
your girlfriend constantly having conversations with a guys she's interested can be mentally damaging for her. more than one kiss. if shes falling in love.

I've consoled many a woman -- both cheater and cheatee -- and you have no idea how true this is.

DeathNote said:
one kiss is forgivable.

dude that second line needs translation pls.

My ex-gf came back from study abroad and suddenly wanted to end our relationship. I figured it was because we were pretty different in age (25 vs. 21) and she was coming to a turning point in her life (last year of college, getting ready for law school, etc.).

Turns out she had gotten drunk and made out with a guy while abroad. Now, if it happened once, I could see myself giving her the benefit of the doubt, but it happened twice. That is something I can't really forgive. It just sucks because I was really happy about how things were going with us, and I know that if we ever tried to get back together, I would hold it against her. I'm totally introverted and that shit would be just lingering, waiting for the right time to be used against her.

So, yeah, cheating sucks. Just tell the person you're not happy enough with the relationship if you want to fuck someone else. You're a selfish bastard/bitch if you try to have your relationship and fuck around, too.

levious

Gaborn said:
This reminds me a LOT of this thread. I still say that poster died or killed his wife and is on the run though.

I thought the theory of it being a kid wanting to hack someone's computer made the most sense.

Well I came here to post some stuff, but by the end of it I had bought back up some painful memories of my own so I'm all depressed now.

Edit: Kissing is damn sure cheating in my books, I would never do that when I was with someone else and I expect the same loyalty from her so *shrugs*.

levious said:
please tell us more definitive truths about men
Men that consider "punching" women funny, decide this thread would make other men "hate women" when the man is just as guilty are NOT "men". They are DOGS and fall into the category of those so-called men wouldn't feel so much guilt for "kissing" a girl. A man that could feel so much guilt would never have created such a thread.

Do you have any definitive truths to contribute yourself?

Koshiba

I think kissing is cheating..

But while I was up in Jacksonville (Previous BF and I are separated right now because of what happened.. basically I might give him a chance again if he gets his shit together, otherwise no.. so thats our situation) at a friend's party and a cute girl started hitting on me.. Always having been attracted to females, I kinda took the opportunity to make out with this girl (Side effect cock-blocking a friend of mine which cracked me up.. :lol Called me sir the next day a lot.) It didn't go further than that because friend I was staying with flat out said we weren't allowed to do anything else unless he could watch.. so I said no.

I get back home and "Ex-bf" and friends all hang out for a night of video games. I tell him what had happened. And ever since he's been acting like I went out and fucked another guy. One, I never had the opportunity to experiment in my life and well that was a perfect chance.. two, we are basically separated and I did say I wouldn't "cheat" on him but it's not everyday I get the chance to experiment, otherwise I may have already done so in the past.. and third, I seriously didn't think he'd be THAT upset by it. I didn't kiss any guys or anything and I've told him in the past I've always wanted the chance to experiment before/if I got married one day anyway.. And I figured all the crap he had done to me leading to our separation was a lot worse. But he's been moping around about it and keeps bringing it up.. so I don't know.

Anyway, thread not about me just something I kinda had to get out there and since we were talking about "kissing is cheating." >_< I would never have done that had I been officially in the relationship though. Had some female friends at parties ask if they could make out with me before and all I said was, "BF doesn't want me to." So they'd ask him and he'd say no so it was done with and never happened while we were together. Maybe he's just afraid I like girls better and therefor won't be giving him another chance? :lol I don't know, about all I could think of.

Waiting for update from OP.

levious

VeritasVierge said:
Men that consider "punching" women funny, decide this thread would make other men "hate women" when the man is just as guilty are NOT "men". They are DOGS and fall into the category of those so-called men wouldn't feel so much guilt for "kissing" a girl. A man that could feel so much guilt would never have created such a thread.

Do you have any definitive truths to contribute yourself?

if it wasn't clear, I was referring to your comment "No man feels guilty for "months" and then fucks his GF "like a beast" for just "kissing" another woman. No way."

You trying to generalize the feelings and values of an entire gender is bullshit. Perhaps you meant it only specifically to this "sort" (?) of guy but it wasn't clear to me in that way.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
this is the first time ever that i read and an entire thread (with over 600+ posts)...

TOTALLY WORTH IT

levious said:
if it wasn't clear, I was referring to your comment "No man feels guilty for "months" and then fucks his GF "like a beast" for just "kissing" another woman. No way."

You trying to generalize the feelings and values of an entire gender is bullshit. Perhaps you meant it only specifically to this "sort" (?) of guy but it wasn't clear to me in that way.
Obviously, I meant it with this "sort" of man in relation to his weak sauce "it was just a kiss" excuse. The very thread itself and as, also been pointed out enough times, how he seemed a bit too giddy that she cheated shows what kind of "man"(I use this term loosely) he really is.

There are men that will feel guilty for months for just looking at another girl (seen this happen). Yet, those men didn't already cheat on their GF then come to GAF, post about it and leave out details in an effort to get the board to take his side.

Dyno

Mama Robotnik said:
Star Trek GIFS of Flawless Victory

Mods, I beseech thee. The poster who forged these mighty gifs is no Junior.

If a Junior must take his place, then I will be that man. To him my title may pass.

GAF has made me laugh many times but it has never made me cry.

Make it so.

Dilly

Banned
Damn, after the backfire he still has the balls to come back and lie again :lol

This needs a new star trek gif.

levious

VeritasVierge said:
Obviously, I meant it with this "sort" of man in relation to his weak sauce "it was just a kiss" excuse. The very thread itself and as, also been pointed out enough times, how he seemed a bit too giddy that she cheated shows what kind of "man"(I use this term loosely) he really is.

There are men that will feel guilty for months for just looking at another girl (seen this happen). Yet, those men didn't already cheat on their GF then come to GAF, post about it and leave out details in an effort to get the board to take his side.

fair enough, like I said, wasn't clear to me, sorry.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Dyno said:
Mods, I beseech thee. The poster who forged these mighty gifs is no Junior.

If a Junior must take his place, then I will be that man. To him my title may pass.

GAF has made me laugh many times but it has never made me cry.

Make it so.

0_o

Koshiba said:
I think kissing is cheating..

But while I was up in Jacksonville (Previous BF and I are separated right now because of what happened.. basically I might give him a chance again if he gets his shit together, otherwise no.. so thats our situation) at a friend's party and a cute girl started hitting on me.. Always having been attracted to females, I kinda took the opportunity to make out with this girl (Side effect cock-blocking a friend of mine which cracked me up.. :lol Called me sir the next day a lot.) It didn't go further than that because friend I was staying with flat out said we weren't allowed to do anything else unless he could watch.. so I said no.

I get back home and "Ex-bf" and friends all hang out for a night of video games. I tell him what had happened. And ever since he's been acting like I went out and fucked another guy. One, I never had the opportunity to experiment in my life and well that was a perfect chance.. two, we are basically separated and I did say I wouldn't "cheat" on him but it's not everyday I get the chance to experiment, otherwise I may have already done so in the past.. and third, I seriously didn't think he'd be THAT upset by it. I didn't kiss any guys or anything and I've told him in the past I've always wanted the chance to experiment before/if I got married one day anyway.. And I figured all the crap he had done to me leading to our separation was a lot worse. But he's been moping around about it and keeps bringing it up.. so I don't know.

Anyway, thread not about me just something I kinda had to get out there and since we were talking about "kissing is cheating." >_< I would never have done that had I been officially in the relationship though. Had some female friends at parties ask if they could make out with me before and all I said was, "BF doesn't want me to." So they'd ask him and he'd say no so it was done with and never happened while we were together. Maybe he's just afraid I like girls better and therefor won't be giving him another chance? :lol I don't know, about all I could think of.

Waiting for update from OP.

If your bf went to a party and made out with a girl of a different ethnicity, and then says he was just experimenting, because he had never made out with a black, indian, chinese (whatever) girl before....how would you feel?

It doesnt matter if youre doing it with the same sex, the effect is the same.

However, on that note, I'm on the side where just one kiss isnt cheating. It's a stupid mistake, but forgivable. Sex or kissing on more than one occasion is.

jamesinclair said:

Yes, I had a problem with that once. She was like, "I thought guys liked girls kissing girls!" I was like, "Not when I'm not around, and definitely not when I didn't give the thumbs up!"

Turned out OK in the end. Wasn't that big of a deal really.

Kissing is not absolutely cheating, but probably is under most circumstances.

Koshiba

jamesinclair said:
If your bf went to a party and made out with a girl of a different ethnicity, and then says he was just experimenting, because he had never made out with a black, indian, chinese (whatever) girl before....how would you feel?

However, on that note, I'm on the side where just one kiss isnt cheating. It's a stupid mistake, but forgivable. Sex or kissing on more than one occasion is.

We're separated right now though, as in, not together. Due to a lot of stuff he had been doing to me. (Constantly lying to me, didn't see me for 2 months, would lie and tell me he couldn't afford to take me to the movies yet then take his friend and sister, etc.) :p So I guess I see this action MUCH MORE forgivable than all the shit he did to me. Like I said, if we were officially in a relationship, I wouldn't have done it. So no, that's not what I'm trying to say. but he's treating me like I went out and fucked someone. Plus, it's something I had mentioned to him and other bf's I've had before like I said above, I have always wanted to try it before "settling down." Since he fucked me over and hurt me.. I figured, while I was up in jacksonville partying and drinking, why hold myself back too much? Just like if someone better came along right now and I had a connection with them, I wouldn't hold myself back and say, "well oh.. my heart is reserved right now while my ex that fucked up tries to get back his other chance." or what not. =p

fulla.gif

And our story is complete.

xelv

I had never seen Star Trek in my life before those gifs. That's just beautiful story-telling. Amazing how everything fits so well. Awesome job!

oneHeero

OMG @ the Star Trek gifs, hilarious!

I've had a girlfriend tell me that she realises that people can make mistakes and she understands when people have sex with others while in a relationship. I didn't automatically think I could go out and shag around.

So you didnt realize she was trying to tell you she cheated on you? You deserve to make your own thread on this topic. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom