• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There's some Nintendo event in Japan today (COLORED STRAPS!)

Jonnyram

Wii Music / 16 October / 5800 yen
- wi-fi connection compatible, touch generations series

Captain Rainbow / 28 August / 6800 yen

Wii Remote Straps coming out in September
White, Pink, Blue, Green
300 yen each
Set of four for 1000 yen.

Valkyrie Profile DS / 2 October / 5040 yen

Will post more if I find any. For the time being, I just got it from Rambling Man's blog.

vareon

Jonnyram said:

White, Pink, Blue, Green
300 yen each

Will post more if I find any. For the time being, I just got it from Rambling Man's blog.

:O what? how? when? why?

And a release date already for Captain Rainbow, eh :/

And thank God Wii Music is online-enabled. Now I can create terrible music collaboratively without the shame of somebody seeing me do it in the flesh.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Captain Rainbow was just revealed and is coming out next month! Oh Nintendo. :lol

I still hate Nintendo's strategy to do things like this but it's not like they're going to change it so it's nice to know what happens when it does I guess.

I will hype myself up to unreasonable levels and speculate feverishly for ten pages about the inevitable Kid Zeldatroid Pikmin Bros. announcement. Also, FFVII:R, because I'm crazy like that.

Who's with me?

Jonnyram

Well, the good part (?) about this at least, is that Wii Music is not scheduled in their ultra high-profile Nov/Dec slot for the year-end sales war, so they must have something else planned for that. Probably more than just Animal Crossing too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jonnyram said:
Well, the good part (?) about this at least, is that Wii Music is not scheduled in their ultra high-profile Nov/Dec slot for the year-end sales war, so they must have something else planned for that. Probably more than just Animal Crossing too.

Ahaha....

Pikmin 3? :X

vareon

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I will hype myself up to unreasonable levels and speculate feverishly for ten pages about the inevitable Kid Zeldatroid Pikmin Bros. announcement. Also, FFVII:R, because I'm crazy like that.

Who's with me?

Let's go!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
COLORED STRAPS? and you people were foolish enough to think they'd abandoned the core gamer

JSR

I get the feeling that Wii Music's Wi-Fi compatibility is just the ability to send music videos back and forth, as announced at E3. Or would that fall under the category of WiiConnect24 support?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
bmf said:
Is this going to be one of those 20 page threads where everyone is going nuts because of some expected megaton that just doesn't happen?

October-ton, motherfucka! :p

Furoba

drohne said:
COLORED STRAPS? and you people were foolish enough to think they'd abandoned the core gamer

This is Japan, where more than 75% of the population has straps attached to their phones.

Osuwari

mario galaxy 2 to be announced 1 month before release confirmed.

also, what's the point of colored straps if the remotes themselves are white only?

mj1108

bmf said:
Is this going to be one of those 20 page threads where everyone is going nuts because of some expected megaton that just doesn't happen?

The last couple of these Nintendo events have been unexpected and have delivered.

Osuwari said:
mario galaxy 2 to be announced 1 month before release confirmed.

also, what's the point of colored straps if the remotes themselves are white only?

Colored Wii with matching Wii Remotes confirmed?

Somnid

I think this is just going to recap E3 for the Japanese plus some local stuff. I'm not expecting any big announcements for another few months.

Somnid said:
I think this is just going to recap E3 for the Japanese plus some local stuff. I'm not expecting any big announcements till next year.

Fixed. I think Nintendo is content to let 3rd parties gather some cash the rest of this year.

Jonnyram said:

White, Pink, Blue, Green
300 yen each

WTF Nintendo. There are more news today then the entire E3 combined.

So, Captain Rainbow already finished? Who's developing it?

jj984jj said:
Captain Rainbow was just revealed and is coming out next month! Oh Nintendo. :lol

I still hate Nintendo's strategy to do things like this but it's not like they're going to change it so it's nice to know what happens when it does I guess.

An interesting advantage is that this genre of attitude can potentially generate big
surprises...

drohne said:

. . .

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
WTF Nintendo. There are more news today then the entire E3 combined.

So, Captain Rainbow already finished? Who's developing it?

skip Ltd., which are the creators of Chibi-Robo and GiFTPiA.

sphinx said:
because the wiimote " touches" the air as you swing it and fills it with joy and fun.

Know what would be awesome? If a glistening rainbow came out of the wiimote everytime you swung it.

No Means Nomad said:
How can a Wii game be part of "Touch" Generations?

The branding encompasses more than the DS now and it refers to all games released on both the Wii and the DS that appeal to a much wider audience than the traditional gamer.

There's already been 5 Wii titles that have been branded as part of the Touch! Generations.

vareon

White, Pink, Blue, Green straps. That's not enough.

I want all seven colors of the rainbow Wii Remote Straps. I will strap all of them in my Wiimote. Everytime I waggle there will be a rainbow.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I hear they announced Rhythm Tengoku Gold as preemptive GOTY.

I played the demo, it's true!

CTLance

Who's with me?
Way ahead of you. I'm already suffering from the crushing defeat. I'm furiously sobbing in my corner as I type this. Gonna try that self-flagellation set I bought off the internet for increased effect next.

I want that set of rainbow-colored straps. WTF have you done to me, Nintendo?

R0nn

Are there no screenshots of Captain Rainbow? The original thread was sorely lacking in them and youtube is a no-go for me.

There's a trailer on gametrailers.

Polari

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I wonder how can Nintendo expect decent sales of this game, without an appropriate release of screens and footages.

?

I think they've been releasing weekly trailers on the Nintendo Channel and will probably continue to do so. Sure, the game will still bomb, but instead of doing absolutely nothing, they have at least been doing next to nothing.

Top Bottom