View Single Post
CodiesLoore
Codemasters CM
(07-15-2014, 08:50 PM)
Apologies, but at the time I made that post our DLC schedule hadn't been locked down and once it had I'd completely forgot I even made the comment (I do comment a lot across the Internet so losing track isn't totally unheard of).

I'm confident that the mini-expansions we've got are more along the lines of the sort of DLC people want / expect to see, and they are genuinely a good experience with lots of hours of content in there. The Classic Touring Car Pack is great and some of the cars we've got in there are great to see in our games again. However, I appreciate you don't want to hear that at this time.

Regarding the boost pack we did similar with GRID 2 as a car unlock, we got a bit of flak from that but in all honesty and without any PR bull shit...it sells. There is a silent subset of players that do like that sort of content but whether or not it's here to stay is something the industry is yet to work out.

I can't really say anything else, the only response I have for you is the total truth. I don't want to spin it or anything like that. I'll probably regret this post in the morning, but hey-ho :)

Originally Posted by BouncyFrag

Making a game more of a grind to peddle experience boost dlc is a massive turnoff. I was going to pick this up but will vote with my wallet on this one and hold off for the time being.

Under no circumstances did we make the game a grind on purpose (that much I can promise you), in the grand scheme of things it's still relatively easy to progress via single player and online it's not that difficult to earn money.

Especially with RaceNet challenges that have a significant weekly pay out. We're also improving repair costs so the 'grind' becomes less of a factor.