• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioware teases Shadow Realms, GamesCom unveil, not from BioWare Canada

I just got an email from Bioware with 'You've been chosen' as the subject.

E-mail pic:

rpjR2lc.jpg

The time is near... they are watching
Your power is rising
You’ve been chosen.

The time is near.
They are watching.
Your power is rising.
Cologne, Germany.
You’ve Been Chosen.

Watch the new “Nightmare” teaser from BioWare.

Nightmare teaser: http://www.youve-been-chosen.com/watch-nightmare-teaser/

any clue about this?

UPDATE:

¿?- Bioware Austin
- Small team
- Frostbite
- Not a MOBA
- Fairly far along in development
- Internal alpha/beta (not sure which) going on currently.

Holy shit, this looks genuinely interesting and original.

Can't wait to see how it manifests as a mediocre third person shooter.

I-hate-u

Could this be their new IP they showed at E3? But why would they start a hype train for it now when they are probably going to ship 2 games before it?

My guess this is some DA:O marketing.

EDIT: Or iOS/Android game.

fleck0

I considered googling this once I clicked on the dead link they emailed me. When I saw the subject I assumed I'd gotten into some beta I'd forgotten I entered.

edit: watched it, the cigarette smoking man looked cool.

Could this be their new IP they showed at E3? But why would they start a hype train for it now when they are probably going to ship 2 games before it?

Do we know if this is actually BioWare, or just one of the studios that EA branded with the name? Are those still operating?

killercow

It's gonna be unveiled at Gamescon.

Musolf815

Some parts of that remind me of Lost. I love a good cryptic teaser, it was actually the Last of Us' pre-reveal trailers that introduced me to GAF.

Human_me

Why do I have a feeling that this is a Dragon Age: Inquisition ARG.

I really hope its not a Dragon Age: Inquisition ARG.

Jarmel

Banned
Holy shit, this is the new Hudson IP. Are they really gonna announce this at SDCC?

Edit:GamesCom makes more sense.

Bioware doing a nightmare RPG? Straight into my veins. Getting Alan Wake vibes.

DOWN

Banned
Can't pinpoint what it is about serious live action video game productions where you can see the actors' faces that makes it look cheap? Maybe the expression and production value? Like the Reach live action Deliver Hope trailer is great, but I don't like any of the Halo stuff where the actors have no masks.

Still some cool stuff here, but almost begging for CGI or some cinema cameras and a known actor.

Has to be the new IP from Bioware Edmonton.

Tagline is 'what really happens when we sleep?' so I'm guessing something related to lucid dreaming.

Hopefully the answer to that question isn't 'co-op multiplayer in a microtransaction-funded open world'.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wonder how Austin is these days.

UberLevi

Personally, I didn't enjoy that teaser. Felt less like cryptic/mysterious and more like disconnected/nonsense to me. But it's a BioWare IP and I really enjoy Mass Effect and Dragon Age, so I'm excited to see what the actual game behind this teaser is.

I-hate-u

If I recall correctly, Geoff Keighly said on Giantbomb post E3 show (I think day 3) that the new IP Bioware showed is multiplayer/MMO based. It doesn't look this teaser is for that.

Lakitu

st5fu
Maybe it's Bioware Austin's new IP?

Casey Hudson's new IP has multiplayer elements and seems to be in an evolving, persistent open world I think. So I don't think it's that.

Top Bottom