• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ace Attorney soundtrack: Gyakuten Saiban Tokubetsu Htei 2008

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Gyakuten_Saiban_Tokubetsu_Houtei.jpg

While this most likely does not deserve its own topic, I am making one any way. About 2 weeks ago, the new album for the Ace Attorney series came out, which is a recording of the performance done at the live concert back in April. Its really fantastic stuff, and I think a good number of you should give it a listen, so I tracked down all the songs on youtube and put it in a play list (Though the youtube videos do lose some of the sound quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e26y2r2leM&feature=PlayList&p=5E60C780470BE7AE&index=0&playnext=1

Also, while its not much more, Wikipedia has some info on it too if you want to give it a read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyakuten_Saiban_Tokubetsu_Hōtei_2008

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Thanks for the heads up, I have the previous two sound tracks and love them.

ok... so now.. where's GS5?!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Extollere said:
Thanks for the heads up, I have the previous two sound tracks and love them.
As you could guess, this one is going to cost a good amount. Cost $48 on amazon. Or if you can get it at market price some how, 3570 yen, its still the most expensive AA album yet (I think)

jvalioli

Drkirby said:
As you could guess, this one is going to cost a good amount. Cost $48 on amazon. Or if you can get it at market price some how, 3570 yen, its still the most expensive AA album yet (I think)
Nope, but most of them are around the same price anyway.

Docpan

This is the best Gyakuten Saiban album to date.

God, I wish more people would get into this amazing series. Where is the news on GS5??

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Edit: N/m I thought it was the next Gyakuten Saiban announcement.

Nevertheless, still BOOYAH.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Docpan said:
Where is the news on GS5??
In the future.

Shit. I missed the "soundtrack" in the title and my heart skipped a beat.
Sorry. If it makes you feel better, there is going to be an anoucement for some new GS stuff at the next concert, which is on September 23.

Hope the next concert music is good too, but I think its just going to be Gyakuten Saiban meets Orchestra, only live.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Man, it looks expensive, but I will likely buy it by Friday.

Edit: HOLY CRAP, I just listened to the youtube songs and the "New" orchestra remixes are SO FREAKING AWESOME.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hcoregamer00 said:
Man, it looks expensive, but I will likely buy it by Friday.

Edit: HOLY CRAP, I just listened to the youtube songs and the "New" orchestra remixes are SO FREAKING AWESOME.
I know, ether get the CD or track down the MP3's, a lot of detail is lost on the Youtube ones.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm going to see if I can find this album at Yodobashi this weekend. I definitely want this.

Could somebody explain to me how this is different than the Orchestral album that was already released? Is this just a live performance of the same album?

Masked Man

I said wow
The last album was quasi-orchestral: some orchestral parts were recorded, but some were synthesized. The arrangements in this album are generally extended, fully orchestral, and--most impressively--live. :D

XiaNaphryz said:
Nice tracklist, but they should've performed Kurain Genealogy in place of the Gyakuten Sisters' Theme.

YES. That was my only complaint, honestly--that, and Gant's Theme should have been a little more intense, or perhaps a tad more bombastic. I also would have preferred Atmey's Theme in place of Mask DeMasque.

Dahlia may be a B-word, but her music is absolutely wonderful.

Foxix Von

Holy crap thats awesome! BAH! Too bad I'm broke, anyway here's to waiting for payday.

Also:
It's a damn shame this isn't on vinyl

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sciz said:
I was just thinking the other day that Gant's theme needed to be on an arrangement album.
And I love how Ron DeLite's theme got redone too. I do find it odd that they put it Villain Suit though, seeing as Ron DeLite is the opposite of a villain.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Masked Man said:
YES. That was my only complaint, honestly--that, and Gant's Theme should have been a little more intense, or perhaps a tad more bombastic. I also would have preferred Atmey's Theme in place of Mask DeMasque.

Dahlia may be a B-word, but her music is absolutely wonderful.
The Kurain track would have fit perfectly with the overall arrangement as well, considering how many tracks are already spanning multiple games. I know the Sisters theme is a major one, but they could've always just extended that section of the Kurain track if they wanted to emphasize it.

Masked Man

I said wow
Drkirby said:
And I love how Ron DeLite's theme got redone too. I do find it odd that they put it Villain Suit though, seeing as Ron DeLite is the opposite of a villain.

I think the idea behind it was Mask DeMasque's theme would be included as an homage to Luke Atmey moonlighting as Mask DeMasque as a cover-up for the murder.

XiaNaphryz said:
The Kurain track would have fit perfectly with the overall arrangement as well, considering how many tracks are already spanning multiple games. I know the Sisters theme is a major one, but they could've always just extended that section of the Kurain track if they wanted to emphasize it.

Precisely! I love the Turnabout Sisters Theme, but we don't need an entire arrangement for it. Hopefully we'll get some new arrangements in September!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
XiaNaphryz said:
While it would of, I think they did a fine job with song selection. They only had so long to play. The only thing I don't like is how for like the first 2 minutes of the courtroom suite they play the Frankenstein like theme. (The guy on youtube split song 2 into 2 parts though)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Drkirby said:
While it would of, I think they did a fine job with song selection. They only had so long to play.
I don't buy it, there's only a minute of difference between the track lengths.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
XiaNaphryz said:
I don't buy it, there's only a minute of difference between the track lengths.
I mean they couldn't play both >_>

Also, I wonder if they will ever do a Rock N' Roll score. I would love to hear guilty love preformed live in a rock setting, but I don't know how the other songs would sound.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
XiaNaphryz said:
And I mentioned they shouldn't have to - the end of the Kurain track IS the Sisters Theme track. :)
Maybe they are saving it for there next concert. Can't have all the best tracks in one show, only to be left with crappy tracks.

Masked Man

I said wow
Drkirby said:
While it would of, I think they did a fine job with song selection. They only had so long to play. The only thing I don't like is how for like the first 2 minutes of the courtroom suite they play the Frankenstein like theme. (The guy on youtube split song 2 into 2 parts though)

I thought it was a cute homage to the opening of JFA. :D

(And, for reference, it's actually Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor from the Well-Tempered Klavier.)

Drkirby said:

You do know that Dracula actually stole the theme from an earlier piece by Bach. But I don't get why they played that instead of some other Phoenix Wright music.

jvalioli

Crumpet Trumpet said:
I wanted to ask, how big is Gyakuten Saiban in Japan? They get a bunch of cool stuff, heh
The GBA games weren't super huge but there were big enough for some sequels. The series gained even more popularity with the Ds remakes. I'm sure being able to completely reuse assets makes it an even bigger success in Capcom's eyes. There is an old thread here that tracks the sales, breaking down rereleases and such.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
My only complaint of this is that they're doing the same songs over and over again. I don't really care for Steel Samurai and the 1-3 court suites yet again. This Dark Fragrance version is so sex though.

I would kill for a beefed up version of Prosecutors Path (JFA end music).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Crumpet Trumpet said:
I wanted to ask, how big is Gyakuten Saiban in Japan? They get a bunch of cool stuff, heh
Its a good series, I think the series has sold 2 Million games in Japan, so its has a good following. I know Apollo Justice Sold 500K in Japan alone.

RetroMG

Wow. I decided to listen because I love the PW music, though I didn't think I'd love it enough to want the soundtrack.

I MUST OWN THIS.

Top Bottom