• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MACROSS: ACE FRONTIER (PSP): New Official Trailer

You know what? I will buy a PSP for this...

...if I knew that a US PSP can play it. Are PSPs region free? That game looked very nice and I am a huge Macross fan.

xero273

...if I knew that a US PSP can play it. Are PSPs region free? That game looked very nice and I am a huge Macross fan.

Yes, they are region free.

yes, games on the PSP aren't region-locked.

Nice... was just thinking the other day while I was watching the latest Frontier ep that it's been too long since a Macross game was done.

Would fucking LOVE it if the Ace Combat guys did one. Damn.

Winterblink said:
Would fucking LOVE it if the Ace Combat guys did one. Damn.

They did a good job with Gundam: One Year War, so I'm sure a Macross title developed by them would be just as good if not better.

Raife

distantmantra said:
They did a good job with Gundam: One Year War, so I'm sure a Macross title developed by them would be just as good if not better.

What system is this game for? It sounds like it would be cool to check out.

CamHostage

Whoa, the graphics engine looks surprisingly strong. The cityscape they're flying around is really nice and I only saw it chunk up once with the explosions. Transforming was a cheat but it still overall looked like good fan service.

I wonder what the chances are of a company bringing this to America? I realize that the rights of Robotech are a big mess, but if they brought it simply as Macross, would there be such an issue? And the PSP game is supposed to tell the tale of the whole Macross franchise (or at least contain self-contained chapters from each saga,) so it should be able to work on its own. They could even play up the anime connection and its "faithfulness to the Japanese classic" by not translating the audio, just doing a PSP sub-only release. Is it impossible, or just very improbable to ask for an English-language release?

Sallokin

OMFG this looks awesome. I love the fact that it has every series. I still pains me that the AM2 one never hit the states. What are the chances of this one coming out in NA? Slim? None?

Also, a bit off topic, can anyone tell me why that Digital Mission VF-X 2 game never came out for the PS1 in the US? I even have a demo for it that came in an OPM that features a stage from the end of Macross Plus.

For everyone asking about this coming to North America, it ain't happening, thanks to Harmony Gold.

But hey, it's a region free PSP game, and if it's anything like Artdink's Gundam Battle (same developer, same engine) games on the PSP, you'll be fine playing through it in Japanese.

Raife said:
What system is this game for? It sounds like it would be cool to check out.

Namco's Ace Combat team developed Mobile Suit Gundam: One Year War for the PS2 back in 2005. It never saw release outside of Japan, but you can find it cheap online.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-r-49-en-15-one+year+war-70-h1y.html

distantmantra said:
Yep, looks like Artdink is using their Gundam Battle engine.
I was thinking the same exact thing. I love the Gundam Battle series as well.

And oh shit, Basara and Hikaru (Rick Hunter)!!! :D :D :D Time for some Fire Bomber action!!!

aggro crag said:
Here's to hoping that it turns out well.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't turn out well. Artdink has a good track record of mecha games on the PSP with their Gundam Battle series (Tactics, Royale, Chronicle, Universe).

Deadly

Looks good, exactly the same as the Gundam Battle series as expected but if were taking that into account the flying mode will suck cause flying in the Gundam Battle games suck.

Enron

Banned
*squeals like a girl*

This is going to be pretty good. As someone mentioned earlier, its the same engine as their Gundam PSP games, which kick ass.

todahawk

*squeals like a pack of school girls* day 1! Loving the series.

forums like macrossworld have some good info and links to some "digital reproductions of printed materials" if you care about stuff like that. The language issue should be minimal, haven't heard of a NA port yet.

I'm thinking we need an official thread! I'd make one but I'm a junior :(
I searched on here before but didn't see one.

Dead Man

This looks great, but makes me cry bitter tears that Macek made Robotech, screwing up the rights totally. (Even though that's how I got into Macross!)

Cool that they have a majority of the big songs in there like Information High from Macross Plus. This is gonna be hot, hot, hot.

Top Bottom