• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: One Night Live announced (Live-performance of story)

So the big surprise wasn't TLOU movie teaser, UC4 gameplay, or a freebie to take home. It was a deleted scene acted out. It was from AFTER the final scene in the game. In the scene, Ellie is in her room at Tommy's place, listening to her iPod/CD player etc. Joel enters the room and wants to talk to Ellie. He brings out a guitar and sings a song(Troy Baker played the guitar AND sang in the voice. Fucking amazing). Joel shares a joke that he tells Ester, a woman he's now dating from the camp, with Ellie. "What's the bad thing about eating a clock? It's time consuming." They laugh, Joel leaves the room, and Ellie strums a string. End scene, end journey...perhaps.

Also, we got a free copy of Gustavo's recent CD and the cool German exclusive steel book. What an amazing night. :)

jett

D-Member
This scene is like two steps above fan fiction, being inspired by fan art. :p

Neil also said before the scene is a goodbye to Joel and ellie.

This is the best news. These characters don't need to be explored any further, TLOU ends on a perfect note.

Messi

Guys, I was at the event. Maybe the other guy (can't remember name as I'm typing) I'm not sure if the scene is 4 years after the game ended, it seems like it was really soon after. He described it pretty well

TLDR

Ellie is still a bit distant, Joel sings her a song that was obviously intended for sarah, it ends with ellie a playing a bit.

Man, Joel is all kinds of fucked up in the head.

2524526-tlouellie.jpg

Joel has been killed by the Fireflies and Ellie sings the exact same song Joel sung right before going Rambo on all of them. (Wild prediction)

So the big surprise wasn't TLOU movie teaser, UC4 gameplay, or a freebie to take home. It was a deleted scene acted out. It was from AFTER the final scene in the game. In the scene, Ellie is in her room at Tommy's place, listening to her iPod/CD player etc. Joel enters the room and wants to talk to Ellie. He brings out a guitar and sings a song(Troy Baker played the guitar AND sang in the voice. Fucking amazing). Joel shares a joke that he tells Ester, a woman he's now dating from the camp, with Ellie. "What's the bad thing about eating a clock? It's time consuming." They laugh, Joel leaves the room, and Ellie strums a string. End scene, end journey...perhaps.

Also, we got a free copy of Gustavo's recent CD and the cool German exclusive steel book. What an amazing night. :)

<3

I wish that was in the game.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
At least we won't have to suffer seeing either of one suffer in the hypothetical sequel, right guys?

You lucky lucky man.

Alienous

Joel should be a stand up comic.

Please no more Joel and Ellie. Sure, I didn't really like them much, but even if I did I would think the way the first game ended and developed their characters really said all it needed to say.

Top Bottom