• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo lll: Ultimate Edition digital download is 62.7gb [in EU, 26.1 GB in US]

CozMick

Banned
Just saw this on the PlayStation store.

20140808193049zlk1v.jpg

62.7gb

I've only played the demo on ps3, what would warrant such a download size?

Crazy file size.

jblank83

You can't have next-gen without 50+gb installs. It just doesn't work with all the AIs and megatextures and flac audio.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thats the opposite of the 40 MB WiiWare limit. Crazy...

arekuso

The reason must be the presence of all the language files in the game. On PC, if you download every single language, I'm sure the game can get this big. Still, that sucks.

Omega

Banned
that has to be a typo or something..

i don't see how diablo would be nearly 63GBs. that's fucking insane..

Lionheart

The Dutch web store says 58.4 GB, but yeah, WTF! So it's actually compressed on the Blu-ray disc? Edit: that or a day one patch I guess.

I don't own that many disc based games anyway yet, so the file size is no problem for me, but no way I'm gonna spend € 69,99 on it for the digital version. I'm trying to go digital only and this is the first € 69,99 game I actually want, but I'm sure it'll drop to around 39-49 before year's end, I can wait.

Portugeezer

Do they not join file sizes of each game on PSN? Or is it not crossbuy with PS3 version?

I'm just wondering because I bought The Swapper on PSN, it said about 900MB but the PS4 version was about 400MB, other versions made up the rest of the size on PSN...

That is all I can think of, why would Diablo 3 be 62GB is beyond me otherwise.

Top Bottom