• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Too Human review thread of scoring lower than Haze (BOOSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
eastside49er said:
GI also gave it a 7 (well the 2nd reviewer did).

I didn't want to push decent and get flamed.

EDIT: see. (you should read the giantbomb review, certainly sounds like they thought it was decent)

Zeliard

Farnack said:
Giant Bomb 3/5 = 6/10 is decent?

You can't really compare it like that. 3 is two points away from a perfect score on a 5-point scale, while 6 is four points away on a 10-point scale. Both give you the same percentages but the scales are completely different.

eznark said:
I didn't want to push decent and get flamed.

A 7 = good game on the majority of web sites and gaming mags. I would say that is more than decent in their eyes.

Out of all the reviews I have read for the game, GS's is by far the weirdest. They really just disliked the game. Then again, GS hasn't been taken seriously for nearly 2 years now by me considering all of the people who could actually review games left or got fired.

Farnack

Banned
Zeliard said:
You can't really compare it like that. 3 is two points away from a perfect score on a 5-point scale, while 6 is four points away on a 10-point scale. Both give you the same percentages but the scales are completely different.
So I guess Gamespy's 2.5/5 is more decent than Gamespots 5.5/10 since it's only 2.5 away from a perfect score. ~roll eyes~

Farnack said:
Giant Bomb 3/5 = 6/10 is decent?

3/5 according to Giant Bomb said:
The halfway point. An inherent appreciation of this game's specific gameplay style, characters, subject matter, and so on may play as big a role in your enjoyment as the actual quality of the game.

That kinda means decent to me...

sullyj

Polari said:
Since when did 3/5 = 6/10?

hugemistake.gif

Zeliard

Farnack said:
So I guess Gamespy's 2.5/5 is more decent than Gamespots 5.5/10 since it's only 2.5 away from a perfect score. ~roll eyes~

I'm talking about the scales. You can't convert a 5-point scale to a 10-point scale while having it mean the same thing. The only reason sites like Gamerankings and Metacritic do that is because they have to for the purposes of averaging out all scores on the same scale.

Zeliard said:
I'm talking about the scales. You can't convert a 5-point scale to a 10-point scale while having it mean the same thing. The only reason sites like Gamerankings and Metacritic do that is because they have to for the purposes of averaging out all scores on the same scale.
That's definitely true, and the same goes for letter grades. If you think about it, it ends up almost completely invalidating what sites like gamerankings and metacritic do.

Kingpen

Slurmer said:
"Xplay 4/5"

Seems they liked it, but I know they've been looking forward to it for a while now. Adam was all about it back when Xplay had their "Too Human" week or whatever it was.

This Xplay review, combined with some insider impressions I have heard have saved the game for me, and I will pick it up tomorrow. I respect Sessler's opinion, (just don't really care for M. Webb) I waivered after hearing the bomb reviews drop, but I realize that I did enjoy the demo, and I can really get into loot drop games. I put 40 hours into Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, and it would have been more if they had not put out a 'fun-sapping' patch for the game and basically ruined it.

I've heard Too Human is certainly better then KUF: COD, so I will take that advice and pick it up. Besides, if it is absolutely terrible, I'll chock it up as a slightly more expensive rental and trade it in toward Sacred 2.

Kingpen said:
This Xplay review, combined with some insider impressions I have heard have saved the game for me, and I will pick it up tomorrow. I respect Sessler's opinion, (just don't really care for M. Webb) I waivered after hearing the bomb reviews drop, but I realize that I did enjoy the demo, and I can really get into loot drop games. I put 40 hours into Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, and it would have been more if they had not put out a 'fun-sapping' patch for the game and basically ruined it.

I've heard Too Human is certainly better then KUF: COD, so I will take that advice and pick it up. Besides, if it is absolutely terrible, I'll chock it up as a slightly more expensive rental and trade it in toward Sacred 2.
You know that the Xplay reviews aren't written by Adam or Morgan most of the time, right? They just take turns reading reviews written from the same pool of writers.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
NolbertoS said:
3/5 = 6/10 = 9/15 = 12/20 = 15/25. etc.....which takes up back to 3/5, junior.

He's not a junior

But I second the motion that he receive a tag for meritorious conduct in doing the maths :lol

Polari

On a review scale, dumbasses.

Look I'm as big Dyack/Too Human hater as the rest of you, but don't be so fucking stupid. There's enough bad reviews out there, leave the grasping at straws to Denis.

Farnack

Banned
Polari said:
On a review scale, dumbasses.

Look I'm as big Dyack/Too Human hater as the rest of you, but don't be so fucking stupid. There's enough bad reviews out there, leave the grasping at straws to Denis.
So tell me, what's 3/5 and what's 2.5/5 for metacritic?

Because the .5 difference from Giant Bomb's "decent" to Gamespy's "burn this game if you see it" shouldn't be that far.

Polari

Farnack said:
So tell me, what's 3/5 and what's 2.5/5 for metacritic?

Because the .5 difference from Giant Bomb's "decent" to Gamespy's "burn this game if you see it" shouldn't be that far.

Agreed. My point is review scores don't scale. Of course, make a point that might possibly be construed as being in favour of Too Human in this thread and everyone has a field day. Idiots.

Dirtbag

Polari said:
Agreed. My point is review scores don't scale. Of course, make a point that might possibly be construed as being in favour of Too Human in this thread and everyone has a field day. Idiots.

3/5 = 6/10

:lol

Flavius

Polari said:

I picture you posting this with toilet tissue stuck to the bottom of one of your shoes.

Sublime.

Chiggs

Polari said:

Now it is, at least.

Amir0x

Banned
i dont think anyone even cared what the context was in relation to Too Human, to be honest Polari.

But hey it's a good cover, run with it

When I see 3/5 I think "decent"

When I see 6/10 I think "average"

Technically, they equate, but they seem to imply different levels of quality. Perhaps it is my perceptions that are at fault.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Someone who says something really stupid turns and calls everyone else stupid.

This is the thread that keeps on giving.

border

Spurs_Fan said:
http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/1823/Too_Human.html

the review for those who want it
and like someone said earlier it does sound like the reviewer rips into GAF without actuallly saying it:lol

Why isn't this narrated by Sessler or Webb? Did they leave they show, or has the format changed? I haven't watched in a few years....

Linkzg said:

"So Giancarlo, welcome to Ziff-Davis media..."

"Actually I've been here about 7 or 8 years"

"Well, I'm glad we outsourced our Too Human review to you."

:lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom