• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charles Martinet (voice of Mario) has Instagram...

AdanVC

Instant follow! Hope he continues doing Mario and Luigi conversations. They have no sense but it's just awesome to hear his voice. Especially Wario.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Did anyone else think the sentence was going to end with "has died" ?

Nice another Chilean, offtopic but how did you handle the earthquake today?

Hey there! I've been able to handle earthquakes more than fine since the 27/F, but my family was kinda scared. I was more worried about calming my mom (and the cat of course) but no major issues at all. Thanks so much for asking!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I love how he makes Mario like an older brother and Luigi like a naive kid brother. It's cute

Luigi don't play like that anymore in a post-MK8 world!

DependableKindDungbeetle.gif

http://gfycat.com/DependableKindDungbeetle.webm

Charles Martinet is such an awesome person.
Super friendly, super happy, always willing to do his regular staple of voices when you just ask him to.

And now he's instantly the best at Instagram.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Hey there! I've been able to handle earthquakes more than fine since the 27/F, but my family was kinda scared. I was more worried about calming my mom (and the cat of course) but no major issues at all. Thanks so much for asking!

That's good to hear my mom freaked out too, been thinking of getting bottled water and flashlights in case the big one comes soon and fucks up the water and light yeah.....Martinet is pretty damn cool hopefully he won't get into trouble if he slips adult language when messing around.

fedexpeon

Banned
This is kind of creepy tbh with yall.
If I see an old man playing with toys, and talking to them as if they were alive, I would look around the place to make sure his caretaker is nearby so he can get home safely.

I really hope Nintendo doesn't find some silly reason to force him off from there. Those clips are honestly some of the best marketing Nintendo's ever gotten, and he's probably not even being paid for them.

I've shared them with some friends who haven't owned a Nintendo console since the N64, and they find them hilarious.

That's good to hear my mom freaked out too, been thinking of getting bottled water and flashlights in case the big one comes soon and fucks up the water and light yeah.....Martinet is pretty damn cool hopefully he won't get into trouble if he slips adult language when messing around.

Sorry to hear about your mom, but they tend to be sensitive about this stuff. I had to grab mine because she was really, really scary. It's a great idea to bottle some water and get some FL and batteries, if possible. Hopefully, we won't have the need of using them at all. Either way, please take care in case anything happens.

I can imagine Martinet in the middle of an earthquake going all "Mamma Mia" on people. It should not be an issue if he goes a bit "adult" on it's language but maybe Nintendo won't like that if he does on public.

The random observations and corny jokes are, honestly, amazing.

I want full voice acting in a Mario platformer now. Just let him ad lib for 20 hours.

Javier

I met Charles in an autograph signing here in Chile a couple of years ago, where he signed my copies of Super Mario 64 and Mario & Luigi 3. He almost NEVER breaks out of character. It's amazing.

big_z

Luigi seems a bit mentally challenged

He is. Marios life sucks, he has to look after his special needs brother, constantly rescue his halfwit girlfriend and the only people that are there to help are a bunch of inbred fungus.

Bowser, Kamek and the koopa kids are all more intelligent than team Mario and should easily be ruling over the land. The mushroom kingdom lore makes no sense.

Courage

I thought this was kind of weird at first, but the guy genuinely seems happy. Mario has been such a huge part of his life for years now, and it's admirable he's still so enthusiastic about it.

There's something so innocent and pure about that man.
He's also been in several other video games, including the voice of Paarthurnax in Skyrim and Cranky Kong in DKCR.
And one of his more chilling performances is where he's voicing the antagonist in Shadow of Destiny/Memories, Homunculus.

Bagu

The random observations and corny jokes are, honestly, amazing.

I want full voice acting in a Mario platformer now. Just let him ad lib for 20 hours.
That's pretty much how he got the role: ad libbing in the Mario voice for like 30 minutes.

Top Bottom