• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

It's all right, if you can install it now and want to join tonight, just add me (link in profile) and I'll explain the rules as we go.
I played with 4 newbies yesterday and it went great, even if it took like 4 hours :D
I'll surely set up more games the coming days though.

Never played it and I also don't have 4 hours lol. Thanks for posting about it though.

San Andreas worked with a 360 pad but it wasn't Xinput so the triggers didn't work properly, IIRC. And for that there is Ginput.

Although none of this fixes the weird setup for the controls. I don't think you even get analog acceleration with a controller. I just remember having to press the trigger down like halfway to get stuff to register. Speedpedaling on the bike is a pain in the butt because of that.

Miker

I feel vaguely terrible for saying this, but I can't get into Divinity: Original Sin. And I feel especially guilty because I won it from a gaffer :(

I played about 4 hours of it yesterday, and although I love all the various systems and the way they interact, I just don't find the game compelling. I think it's partially because I'm trying to do too much and getting overwhelmed. I see paintings, and I want to steal all of them. I see skillbooks, and I want to buy all of them. I see chests, and I want to open all of them. And I can! Which is awesome. But it bogs me down and I don't end up moving forward in the main quest, which seems really dull as an opening quest. I also just don't care for high fantasy *at all*, and not liking the setting is kind of the kiss of death for a long, involving RPG.

I'll come back to it eventually, because I recognize the genius behind it, and I unreservedly love the combat, which has some amazing ideas behind it, and so many layers of great interactivity. I just wish I got hooked immediately like everybody else.

madjoki

GTA SA Beta update

Looks like following tracks are missing from beta compared to current release:

GTA SA Music extractors wasn't able to get these from beta, but was from current release.
Some audio files have dropped in size, which matches removals.

Code:
Bounce FM
04. You Dropped A Bomb On Me (The Gap Band).ogg
09. Yum Yum (Fat Back).ogg
16. Running Away (Roy Ayers).ogg

K-DST
01. Running Down A Dream (Tom Petty)
03. Woman to Woman (Joe Cocker)

K-Jah Radio West
03. Ring My Bell (Blood Sisters).ogg
04. Don't Let It Go To Your Head (Black Harmony).ogg

Master Sounds 98.3
01. Express Yourself (Charles Wright)
06. Rock Creek Park (The Blackbyrds)
08. Funky President (James Brown)
09. Grunt (The J.B.'s)
12. Soul Power 74 (Maceo And The Macks)
17. The Payback (James Brown)

Playback FM
10. Critical Breakdown (Ultramagnetic MCs)

Radio Los Santos
02. I Don't Give A Fuck (2Pac)
07. Express Yourself (NWA)

Radio X
07. Hellraiser (Ozzy Osbourne)
08. Killing In The Name (Rage Against The Machine)

Why they would remove these?

GTA SA Beta update

Looks like following tracks are missing from beta compared to current release:

GTA SA Music extractors wasn't able to get these from beta, but was from current release.
Some audio files have dropped in size, which matches removals.

Code:
Bounce FM
04. You Dropped A Bomb On Me (The Gap Band).ogg
09. Yum Yum (Fat Back).ogg
16. Running Away (Roy Ayers).ogg

K-DST
01. Running Down A Dream (Tom Petty)
03. Woman to Woman (Joe Cocker)

K-Jah Radio West
03. Ring My Bell (Blood Sisters).ogg
04. Don't Let It Go To Your Head (Black Harmony).ogg

Master Sounds 98.3
01. Express Yourself (Charles Wright)
06. Rock Creek Park (The Blackbyrds)
08. Funky President (James Brown)
09. Grunt (The J.B.'s)
12. Soul Power 74 (Maceo And The Macks)
17. The Payback (James Brown)

Playback FM
10. Critical Breakdown (Ultramagnetic MCs)

Radio Los Santos
02. I Don't Give A Fuck (2Pac)
07. Express Yourself (NWA)

Radio X
07. Hellraiser (Ozzy Osbourne)
08. Killing In The Name (Rage Against The Machine)

Why they would remove these?
Maybe the licenses ran out? Dunno. Good thing I have my install backed up.

Nabs

Here's an update on the Lethal League launch:

To start off, Lethal League had a great launch, hitting the target we had set for a month in barely half a week. There’s a lively scene of players and it appears to be steadily growing. From competitive-heads wrecking rookies online in Quick Match to party-goers playing local Free For All battles. Here’s a big thank you from Team Reptile for playing our game and telling your friends!

There will be another stability update this week with more fixes for desyncs, crashes and usability. After that we have a content update planned with a new character among other additions.

Stay tuned!

(Thanks to Mechazawa for posting about this in the OT)

Vastag

I played about 4 hours of it yesterday, and although I love all the various systems and the way they interact, I just don't find the game compelling. I think it's partially because I'm trying to do too much and getting overwhelmed. I see paintings, and I want to steal all of them. I see skillbooks, and I want to buy all of them. I see chests, and I want to open all of them. And I can! Which is awesome. But it bogs me down and I don't end up moving forward in the main quest, which seems really dull as an opening quest. I also just don't care for high fantasy *at all*, and not liking the setting is kind of the kiss of death for a long, involving RPG.s of great interactivity. I just wish I got hooked immediately like everybody else.

That's me in most RPGs (I'm already maxing some skills in skyrim and I'm less that 50% into the main quest). Just enjoy the trip. So what if you don't advance in the main quest? As long as you are having fun its ok.

I feel vaguely terrible for saying this, but I can't get into Divinity: Original Sin. And I feel especially guilty because I won it from a gaffer :(

I played about 4 hours of it yesterday, and although I love all the various systems and the way they interact, I just don't find the game compelling. I think it's partially because I'm trying to do too much and getting overwhelmed. I see paintings, and I want to steal all of them. I see skillbooks, and I want to buy all of them. I see chests, and I want to open all of them. And I can! Which is awesome. But it bogs me down and I don't end up moving forward in the main quest, which seems really dull as an opening quest. I also just don't care for high fantasy *at all*, and not liking the setting is kind of the kiss of death for a long, involving RPG.

I'll come back to it eventually, because I recognize the genius behind it, and I unreservedly love the combat, which has some amazing ideas behind it, and so many layers of great interactivity. I just wish I got hooked immediately like everybody else.

That's what I'm scared of and why I haven't bought it yet. So until I think I'm ready, I'll keep trying to break out of prison in The Escapists lol.

Anyone in here still looking for the AMD 3-game reward codes? I've been selling some in the B/S/T thread, but wanted to check in with SteamGAF in case there are some people that were interested in them for Alien or Sniper Elite or something.

I've still got a couple of these left (so many PMs! The 30 second limit is really excruciating when you get a ton of PMs...).

PM me if you're interested.

I'm interested as well.
PM'd you.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Who's ready for another visual novel on Steam?

About the Game

It was a first date gone very wrong. Janet and Bradley were caught in a thunderstorm when their car broke down, forcing them to seek shelter in a isolated mansion in the woods. But once inside, it would not be so easy to escape... Trapped inside a terrible experiment which can only be ended at the cost of a life, can they find a way out? Secrets, lies, and mad science await!

This is a visual novel with eleven possible outcomes. Who lives and who dies will depend on your choices and your ability to solve the mystery at the heart of the mansion. Play puzzle minigames to make connections between paths and open up more of the story.

Content notes: Contains violence, alcohol and drug use, some strong language, and sexual references.

It comes out in three hours or so. Plus it has cards.

Volimar

Just ran across this on imgur.

Devs looking for kickstarter funding for a game called Kôna.

http://imgur.com/gallery/1Gg2F

Kôna is first and foremost an adventure-game that takes place in the 1970's Northern Quebec, Canada.

q89LDqL.jpg

Ozium

About the Game

It was a first date gone very wrong. Janet and Bradley were caught in a thunderstorm when their car broke down, forcing them to seek shelter in a isolated mansion in the woods. But once inside, it would not be so easy to escape..

Rocky Horror Picture Show?

Went back to Tomb Raider - just hit the last Fast Travel point. I'm missing three GPS thingies from Shantytown and two mines in the beach. Not sure if I want to go back and try and finish them (I friggin' hate Shantytown) or just go to the ending.

Lunaniem

Anyone in here still looking for the AMD 3-game reward codes? I've been selling some in the B/S/T thread, but wanted to check in with SteamGAF in case there are some people that were interested in them for Alien or Sniper Elite or something.

Interested in one if you still have some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom