• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony files trademark for 'Vib Ribbon"' in Europe

Guymelef

Umm...
https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/013225511

iBsTuZU.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY, that E3 mention will mean something. Even if it's via PS1 Classic & it reads music off the HDD/memory card, I'll be happy.

Jack Tretton replacement redeemed (maybe)! He lost many points in my eyes talking about Vib Ribbon all the time during E3 and not even announcing it for Vita.

Edit: just searched on that site for Colony Wars....

Filing date 21/05/1999
Registration date 22/08/2000

;(

Sir TapTap

Better be real. Even if it's a damn PS Classic I'll take it. Though preferably on PS4. Crazy we don't have PS1 games on PS4 yet.

STG

I bet those fuckers are trolling again and this is just for a vib ribbon theme for the vita and ps4. :I

Vin Ribbon
Parappa the Rapper
Alundra
Arc the Lad

New games, all on Vita as £12 digital releases. It makes too much sense. Come on Sony. Please.

mclem

I won't get my hopes up. The PS1 classic has been rated by various EU classification boards for years now.

Would it even *work* as a straight PS1 classic? Importing tracks would require extra code, either to reference the real system's disc drive or to import an MP3 or otherwise. And if you don't do that, you've got a vastly reduced game.

They also renewed Arc the Lad at the end of last year and Dark Chronicle in April this year. I want to believe that this is in preparation of new games incoming, but in reality due to digital distribution this is probably just housekeeping to protect their brands.

Kudos to whoever edited the Wikipedia entry for the game to reflect this news which was posted 14 minutes before the thread was created. This is how you know a game has a loyal fan base.

I got rid of my PSX ages ago but pretty sure I still have the PAL version of this. I was completely obsessed with trying every single song in this game. I can't remember which ones were best but I know Franz Ferdinand's "Take Me Out" was one of my favourites along with "99 Luftballoons". Obvious choices, I know, but still some fun was had.

I will buy a PS4 for this.

komplanen

Hopefully they don't blow a ton of money on this. I have a feeling all the recent glamouring after this niche title will not amount to much in terms of actual sales. But then again I guess a game like that doesn't take much to remaster at 1080p :)

Top Bottom