• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

ChryZ said:
Wipeout HD '1UP Preview', they know how to pilot this shit:

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/18262

Sweeet. I think Im definitely going to try the motion control looks great.
I still am a little shell shocked how out of nowhere my excitement for this game has come.
Normally when I am this amped for something I still have to wait a good 6 months to a year to play it.
Its like when your parents come into your room and tell you your going to Disneyland TOMORROW!
Your tiny little psyche can barely even handle such possibly life changing information so you just poop a little.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
neojubei said:
For whatever reason none of the wipeout videos on that website works for me, yet every other videos does. WTH 1up, you and your buggy website.

Don't worry, videos are coming ;)

Love the comments on that GS video

From Wip3dOut: "No wonder why you gave it a bad score. You are horrible at the game. There are these things in the game call airbrakes, use them. You are also all over the course. When the game comes out I would like you to add me to you PSN friend list so I can give you a proper beating and show you how your supposed to play the game."

And another "Uh, yeah, you suck at the game. Why did you review it again?"

btkadams

wtf at the gs video. theres no way after completing the game and reviewing it that you would suck that bad. i played through wipeout on psp and considered myself a bad player and i could own the shit out of that guy. wow. gs is so irrelevant now

Crayon

neojubei said:
Anyone know if Wipeout 64's soundtrack is any good and where I can purchase it?

I have the carttridege right here.

Last time I played it was back when it came out and I remember the soundtrack being better than any other n64 soundtrack but a departure from the licesensed songs in XL. It was more like the inhouse-stuff from wipeout 3.

That's all if I remember correctly. :lol Not worth hunting down based on the quality of the music but it's a good hunt for the completionist.

WipedOut

I replayed the original last night on my PS3 and forgot how unforgiving that game was if you hit the walls. XL is still the best one out there. Can't wait for this thursday, as long as it doesn't take too long to DL I'll be playing all night and all day friday. (First time I've taken a day off in a long time just for a game.)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OMG at the GS Video :lol

I am not one for the "lol u just sux at teh game!!!" but was he playing with his feet? Holy crap

Y2Kev said:
OMG at the GS Video :lol

I am not one for the "lol u just sux at teh game!!!" but was he playing with his feet? Holy crap
This is the guy who REVIEWED the game. How long did he actually play it for?

TTP said:
So, in the end, I'd say from all the 1080p games I've tested (SSDHD, FLOW, GT5P, Eden etc), WipEout really stands out as the best you can get this gen at this time in terms of image quality and smoothness. Nothing touches it. NOTHING. Here is my mouth wide open Studio Liverpool. Do whatever you please with it! You deserve it.

That's because FLOW and Eden are the only games that you have mentioned are actual 1080p games. GT5P and SSDHD are upscaled.

Crayon

U K Narayan said:
Elaborate. I'm looking at the Wipeout 3 soundtrack, and the only names I see are external artists.

I'm a good portion of the songs on it are made for the game despite being associated with another artists. I'm pretty sure the songs "Feisar" and "Auricom" weren't ripped from the charts. :lol Maybe there where some liscensed tracks on it but they blend in with the rest very welll indeed. I heard that the euro re release had more music.

Was the GS guy really that bad? I mean, this will basically be my first wipeout game I'll really get into, but outside of the wonky first 30 seconds or so, he seemed to settle down.

Slaylock

Private Hoffman said:
Was the GS guy really that bad? I mean, this will basically be my first wipeout game I'll really get into, but outside of the wonky first 30 seconds or so, he seemed to settle down.
He was using Pilot Assist, which kept him from running into the sides.

Plus, since he reviewed the game, he should have finished it (or at least come close). With that driving, I would consider that unlikely.

Nafai1123

Banned
Private Hoffman said:

Yea, the first 30 seconds are pretty bad, almost like he had never raced on that course before...

VVV Mars VG

Slaylock said:
He was using Pilot Assist, which kept him from running into the sides.

Plus, since he reviewed the game, he should have finished it (or at least come close). With that driving, I would consider that unlikely.

Yeah I agree, that was clearly one of the slower piss easy ships.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Private Hoffman said:
He was bumping into the sides when on straightaways. Ill leave it up to you to imagine what he was doing on curves.

PowderedToast

I actually only watched around 30 seconds. Felt that was enough though. I'm not really criticising the reviewer, it's the fact Gamespot put him on the review when it seems he ain't that great at racing games.

Grayman

VVV Mars VG said:
Yeah I agree, that was clearly one of the slower piss easy ships.
He was playing on vector or flash (3 laps). The ships are all similar difficulty on each speed I find.

FightyF

Banned
Private Hoffman said:

I don't think the people criticizing him here will fare much better in their first week of play. :)

I didn't see the pilot assist thingy on the HUD either. Hopefully it's something you can turn off when you create an online race.

Firehead

Tiduz said:
wtf the gamespot video wont load for me

i want to see his failing.
I'm assuming you are using Firefox and AdBlock
Disable AdBlock and then refresh the page.
Sure does fail and such.

Eccocid

FightyF said:
If you could somehow set that up that'd be great.
Add me too! I have been playing wipeout since ps1/saturn days! One lap is enough for me to get used to controls in each version.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Firehead said:
I'm assuming you are using Firefox and AdBlock
Disable AdBlock and then refresh the page.
Sure does fail and such.

Thank you, ill retry

it worked, thanks :D

Daante

Kikizo Review

http://games.kikizo.com/reviews/ps3/wipeout-hd-p1.asp

"Tiresome as Sony's much-parroted PR mantra sixty-frames-per-second-1080p-resolution has become, they've done themselves proud: we simply cannot stress how good this game looks in motion. The lighting is breathtaking, the textures works of neo-industrial art and the ships lovingly plastered with shaders, real time shadows and miniscule animating components. The option to take photos mid-race (complete with adjustable focus, colour saturation and special effects such as motion blur) and save them to your hard drive in full 1920x1080 splendour is no more than appropriate, given the riches on offer. Most developers would cheerfully crawl over broken glass to recreate a tenth of the finish lavished on WipEout HD's track surfaces, let alone the whirlwinds of technological extravagance that corkscrew above them."

THE VERDICT: Elegant, finely tuned and - at twelve Limey quids - devilishly cheap, WipEout HD is the PSN's high point thus far, not to mention the best-looking downloadable game we've laid eyes on. Miss this at your peril.

9/10

h3ro

Daante said:
Kikizo Review

http://games.kikizo.com/reviews/ps3/wipeout-hd-p1.asp

"Tiresome as Sony's much-parroted PR mantra sixty-frames-per-second-1080p-resolution has become, they've done themselves proud: we simply cannot stress how good this game looks in motion. The lighting is breathtaking, the textures works of neo-industrial art and the ships lovingly plastered with shaders, real time shadows and miniscule animating components. The option to take photos mid-race (complete with adjustable focus, colour saturation and special effects such as motion blur) and save them to your hard drive in full 1920x1080 splendour is no more than appropriate, given the riches on offer. Most developers would cheerfully crawl over broken glass to recreate a tenth of the finish lavished on WipEout HD's track surfaces, let alone the whirlwinds of technological extravagance that corkscrew above them."

THE VERDICT: Elegant, finely tuned and - at twelve Limey quids - devilishly cheap, WipEout HD is the PSN's high point thus far, not to mention the best-looking downloadable game we've laid eyes on. Miss this at your peril.

9/10

Longest 3 day wait... EVER.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
h3ro said:
Longest 3 day wait... EVER.

Soon that wait will become even longer. :p
I've taken 10 (ten) 720p/60fps videos which are now in the hands of the almighty Blimblim.
He's waiting for Sony approval to post them online.
Hopefully shouldn't take much time.

TTP said:
I've taken 10 (ten) 720p/60fps videos which are now in the hands of the almighty Blimblim.

The wait should be easier tomorrow when we have tons of new R2 footage

Dizzan

MINI Member
TTP said:

I hope you drive/fly better than the GS dude......

although I'm not much better than him

Top Bottom