• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Fjordson

I saw 30 minutes of gameplay of this game yesterday.

Guys the changes are astounding. Really incredible stuff. Rockstar said their goal was to push PS4 / X1 like how they pushes PS3 and 360. The environment changes they've done are incredible.

This remaster is the real deal. New trailer should be going out soon.
Seriously? Where did you see it?

Hip Hop

Guys the changes are astounding. Really incredible stuff. Rockstar said their goal was to push PS4 / X1 like how they pushes PS3 and 360. The environment changes they've done are incredible.

Could you please give out more info? This is pretty vague, it's like back to square one. Nothing new.

Please!

Ok so a few responses.

1. I saw this at the GameStop managers conference in Anehiem. Rockstar gave a 45 minute closed doors presentation.

2. They showed us multiple locals. The city, underwater areas, country side etc.

3. Foliage has been completely reworked. Tree barks been redone, individual grass blades, wild flowers etc. This applies to underwater areas as well. Completely reworked coral reefs and underwater plants.

4. Draw distance now is INSANE. One example they showed us was the main city at night. They showed it on PS3 first amd showed us how all lighting at a distance was pre baked. In the remaster its all pre loaded in real time and is dynamic. You can see lights and traffic flow from massive distances.

5. Water rendering system has been completely redone. Rivers / Ocean / rain are gorgeous

6. No release date given. They simply said soon.

7. Animal texture work has been 100 % re done.

8. Anti Aliasing looked great with little to no jaggies. Looked 1080p to me. It was demoed on PS4.

9. Promised "new" content. One example was new songs / soundtrack / radio stations.

10. Best remaster Ive seen by far. I literally gasped at the differences.

On Demand

Banned

Do you know if there's any story DLC and will it come with the game for PS4 and XB1?

I still play GTA V on a weekly basis, I simply LOVE to drive around the city and explore it.
And now I have a reason to buy it for PS4, and I'm sure I'll explore the city even more!

I put over 120 hours into the game and i'm still not done.

On Demand

Banned
Ok so a few responses.

1. I saw this at the GameStop managers conference in Anehiem. Rockstar gave a 45 minute closed doors presentation.

2. They showed us multiple locals. The city, underwater areas, country side etc.

3. Foliage has been completely reworked. Tree barks been redone, individual grass blades, wild flowers etc. This applies to underwater areas as well. Completely reworked coral reefs and underwater plants.

4. Draw distance now is INSANE. One example they showed us was the main city at night. They showed it on PS3 first amd showed us how all lighting at a distance was pre baked. In the remaster its all pre loaded in real time and is dynamic. You can see lights and traffic flow from massive distances.

5. Water rendering system has been completely redone. Rivers / Ocean / rain are gorgeous

Dynamic lighting? Whoa.

That "soon" sounds like 2015. :(

blackjaw

Ok so a few responses.

8. Anti Aliasing looked great with little to no jaggies. Looked 1080p to me. It was demoed on PS4.

9. Promised "new" content. One example was new songs / soundtrack / radio stations.

Now I'm getting excited again!

I added a few more impressions into my original post for those of you that read it and want more info scroll up. Any other questions I'll be happy to answer.

OraleeWey

Ok so a few responses.

The game just got better!
BTW this is my very first post.

Ok so a few responses.

Trevor intensifies

The game just got better!
BTW this is my very first post.

Welcome!

Now, THIS is the kind of thread bump I can get behind! I simply cannot wait for this game to come out. This, Driveclub and No Man's Sky are my three most anticipated games, and I'm getting two of them this year. I feel spoiled!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how much detail is present when you're driving around. I want to see how well the loading holds up traveling at top speeds, to see whether there are streaming issues and the like. This is my favorite game of previous gen and it's getting that new gen coat of paint. Fuck man I can't goddamn wait.

AmyS

Ok so a few responses.

K8ySn3e.gif

dreamfall

Ok so a few responses.

MY GAWD.

iK6VJ1z4JMonk.gif

DOWN

Banned
Ok so a few responses.

I'm waiting so long for a release date announcement. Pls Rockstar

tumblr_mw5ybyNoLS1s5z7gpo2_250.gif

I added a few more impressions into my original post for those of you that read it and want more info scroll up. Any other questions I'll be happy to answer.

Shogun amazing impressions, I'd love you to go into detail on the following:

1. How much more detail are the streets and surrounding areas populated with? Are there many more pedestrians/animals meandering about while you're playing?

2. Any impressions on additional/remastered/mixed sound effects?

3. Did they show an in-car camera view while driving?

Ok so a few responses.

breathing intensifies

now that I have my PS4 and never played this even though I already spoiled most of the events watching videos I am still hyped to make my way through the game

Ok so a few responses.

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

Hip Hop

Shogun amazing impressions, I'd love you to go into detail on the following:

1. How much more detail are the streets and surrounding areas populated with? Are there many more pedestrians/animals meandering about while you're playing?

2. Any impressions on additional/remastered/mixed sound effects?

3. Did they show an in-car camera view while driving?

These are pretty much my questions as well

dreamfall

shogun, any new music previewed?

New texturing work is what I'm most amped about!

Were they wearing beards?! I need it to look like grizzly HAIR!

Smash88

Banned
Ok so a few responses.

NUyttbn.gif

Ok thanks for the questions I'll answer what I can.

1. Character models have been improved for sure.

2. Street detail is massively improved. Rain water now pools up on the road and honestly reminded me of Infamous Second Sons wet roads.

3. Animal and Wildlife count has been upped. They specifically mentioned how much they learned from Red Dead Remption and the original GTA5 and wanted to improve animal interactions even more.

4. Animals now sport actual fur. As in strands of hair that stick out from the actual body not just flat textures like in the original release.

5. I believe this has been in development since before GTA5s actual release as they said its been heavily worked on for over a year. Believe me you can tell. This is a complete remaster not just an uprezzed port. A huge chunk of staff have to be working on this.

dreamfall

Ok thanks for the questions I'll answer what I can.

3. Animal and Wildlife count has been upped. They specifically mentioned how much they learned from Red Dead Remption and the original GTA5 and wanted to improve animal interactions even more.

4. Animals now sport actual fur. As in strands of hair that stick out from the actual body not just flat textures like in the original release.

This. Holy goodness this.

Animals felt sparse! Plowing through deer with utter disregard! Fighting off cougars!

Dug

Banned

2501888-3351201123-lJHcJ.gif

You didn't play it did you?

Wondering if the input lag has been improved at all. 360 feels really... just unresponsive and slow. Like playing on a TV with bad input lag.

How's car damage and the Euphoria physics looking? (If Rockstar showed off action of course.)

This is my question too. Played some GTA4 PC yesterday and damn, physics, driving and damage are so much better than V... This is one of the few factors that seriously lowered my enjoyment of the game.

sdornan

I'm so jealous of you guys who never played the PS3/360 incarnations and get to experience it for the first time in current-gen glory.

Cant comment on physics and such guys as much of what they showed was environmental without tons of action. They showed a lot of the beautiful vistas from a debug mode where they were free camera.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
shogun, any new music previewed?

New texturing work is what I'm most amped about!

Were they wearing beards?! I need it to look like grizzly HAIR!

Yeah, that'll be great. GTA V was a weird mix of some really terrific textures and some of the grossest texture work you'll ever find in a AAA game.

Top Bottom