• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Available for $349 in the U.S. This Holiday Season

Blah, blah, M$ is desperate. This is honestly a MUCH better value than the PS4 and power difference be damned.

Anyone who doesn't go in on this deal is simply doing themselves a disfavor.

Loakum

Banned
This is really an excellent move by Microsoft! I have to applaud them for making a wise business move, that benefits the customer!

Okay now I'm really conflicted between getting either an Xbox One or a PS4 as due to this price drop they are finally equal in value. Ugh.

Ellite25

I think I'm in if the SO bundle becomes available again at that time because I want to trade in my 360 to MS. Don't really like want AC or CoD, at least not for Xbox.

There is definitely enough content in the first half. Even if you only play AAA games, I'm sure no one will be complaining, while they're playing Halo 5 beta, Fable Legends, State of Decay, The Witcher 3, Evolve and Arkham Knight in a 6 month period. It's not like the exclusives and multis released this holiday are going to disappear either.
But if none of that interests you then it's empty for all intents and purpose. Especially if you don't plan on buying multiplats for the bone.
That's why I decided to pass on the bone this fall, though I am looking forward to a few of their fall 2015 titles. An actual fable would have made the decision much tougher.

This is pretty sweet. Got a $250 gift card for Target which will bring it down to $100 for one of the $350 bundle. Trade in my 360 for a $100 gift card to the Microsoft store. Pick up a game and Xbox Live with that.

Cidd

Except a 450 ps4 with Destiny already beat a 400 xbone with destiny

But still Sony doesn't really have anything to go up against Halo: MCC, Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2. MS also have COD: Advance Warfare, Assassin's Creed: Unity and Dragon Age: Inquisition marketing on lockdown.

Sony needs to do something that's all i'm saying.

MS will take november. I told yall two NPDs ago when it was close. Gonna be alot pf crying this holiday... and not cause santa gave you coal lol

No they won't, lol.
Destiny already assured that this gen sony would have the casual shooter fans.
MS were fools not to have Halo 5 ready this year. I hope nobody actually thinks MCC is gonna sell consoles.

Profits are more important than winning the November and December NPDs, which they may do at $400 anyway. Sony don't need drop $50 off the PS4.

Sony doesn't exist in a vacuum. Cutting price cuts margin, but margin isn't the only consideration.

I don't know which way they should go, certainly, but they'll have people inside that will run models that will obviously be more detailed than anything we could do here. But sales will be lost if they stick at $400 and their chief competitor is at $350. What they'll need to project is the approximate loss of sales and what that does to both short and long term profitability. Then they'll run a projection on what a lower price does to sales and then profitability.

Guevara

Last month the top selling hardware in the U.S. was a $450 PS4 bundle.

The PS4 has been effectively more expensive than the One for a while now (counting Xbox bundles).

rossonero

The Swedish site Sweclockers are saying that

Sweclockers.com said:
För den amerikanska marknaden drar kampanjen igång den 2 november och gäller fram till den 3 januari. Microsoft avslöjar även att kampanjen ska gälla globalt, men påpekar att tillgänglighet kommer variera beroende på region.

A rough translation: Microsoft also reveals that the campaign will be global, but notes that stock will vary depending on the region.

Source: http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/19537-microsoft-prissanker-xbox-one-till-julhandeln

Two Words

Blah, blah, M$ is desperate. This is honestly a MUCH better value than the PS4 and power difference be damned.

Uhh, saving $50 and getting a game you might want doesn't sound like a good reason to choose the Xbox One over PS4 if it's the PS4 games you want or prefer better performance.

But still Sony doesn't really have anything to go up against Halo: MCC, Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2. MS also have COD: Advance Warfare, Assassin's Creed: Unity and Dragon Age: Inquisition marketing on lockdown.

This is ridiculous. Sony has DC to match FH2. The only one without a equivalent is Sunset and that's because Infamous came out in March instead of October. Sony also has marketing deals (including the biggest of the year).

They need to have bundles, but to suggest that Sony doesn't have "anything" is so incredibly short-sighted it's hilarious.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Sony doesn't exist in a vacuum. Cutting price cuts margin, but margin isn't the only consideration.

I don't know which way they should go, certainly, but they'll have people inside that will run models that will obviously be more detailed than anything we could do here. But sales will be lost if they stick at $400 and their chief competitor is at $350. What they'll need to project is the approximate loss of sales and what that does to both short and long term profitability. Then they'll run a projection on what a lower price does to sales and then profitability.

Coupled with inventory projections.

Seeing as how MS had the NFL deal and yet it sold more on the PS4, I think they will be fine.

Boke1879

I don't know how many consoles AC unity will sell but I think AC Unity and Dragon Age will sell more on PS4 and I think as far as COD goes the sales will be so close it won't even matter which version sells more.

Chobel

There is no exclusive that is going to greatly move the needle either way in the first half of 2015. PS4 will sell better because it is the most popular system on the market. It won't be because The Order, Ratchet, etc. release that this continues. Quantum Break or maybe a Gears collection would help a little in the first half of 2015, but I doubt they will be ready.

Also, Arkham Knight will probably move the most consoles if anything.

It's about public perception, for someone looking to just purchase a console PS4 will be more desired in first half of 2015 (generally speaking of course) especially if prices are the same.

But if none of that interests you then it's empty for all intents and purpose. Especially if you don't plan on buying multiplats for the bone.
That's why decided to pass on the bone this fall, though I am looking forward to a few of their fall 2015 titles. An actual fable would have made the decision much tougher.

The majority of the market doesn't buy multiple consoles though. Of course if none of it interests you it's empty. You could say the same for any lineup. If you don't like Souls,baseball or Ratchet, the PS4 lineup is barren for AAA games. See how silly that sounds? Those buying multiple consoles are a very tiny portion of the market overall.

The only problem I can see microsoft facing is that the Xbox brand is still kind of tarnished after their PR disaster. I remember seeing a person a few weeks ago on my facebook saying 'I got an Xbox One!' Only to be bombarded with a bunch of people saying 'ewww' 'sorry for your loss'. I also met a guy a few weeks ago who still believes the Xbox One spies on you with the Kinect. I know thats anecdotal evidence but from what I've seen theres still seemingly a stigma against it. Hopefully this deal can help turn people's mind around.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The Swedish site Sweclockers are saying that

A rough translation: Microsoft also reveals that the campaign will be global, but notes that stock will vary depending on the region.

Source: http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/19537-microsoft-prissanker-xbox-one-till-julhandeln

Makes sense. They'll push hard in the US because it is a core market for MS, and Black Friday is a pretty uniquely US thing. But probably also the UK and a few key European markets that they want to win in.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I foresee MS staying very competitive with this price drop this holiday season.

I still do not see them winning either month though.

And I'm certain Sony has some kind of deal planned for Black Friday.

Why is it always only juniors who post crap like this?

TI82

Banned
Costco sells it for $384 already, would this make it $334?

Also: announce a new real banjo and I'll be sold on that price e

Mr.Fusion

Since the price drop is just 5 days after I purchased the white Xbox one bundle, do you think Amazon will refund me the $50 difference?

PS4 won September 500k vs XB1's 250k. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but close enough. That's a huge difference. There's no way XB1 wins November or December. I hope it does, seriously. Better games, better online, better OS, but PS4 has too much momentum. I doubt it'll even be that close. Fifty bucks off is nice but it's not significant. Take into account all the deals there's already been for XB1. Remember the free game deal last month?

November:
XB1 launches
March: Titanfall, the biggest MS exclusive of the year, bundled free with every XB1 purchase.
April: Forza 5 bundled for free
May: XB1 gets a new $399 SKU, removes Kinect, for June.
August: Madden bundled for free, FIFA and Forza bundled for free.
September: get a free game on top of bundled free games, includes any recent game like Destiny.
October: Sunset Overdrive bundled for free
November: $50 price cut across all bundles, Two-pack Assassins Creed Bundle and Call of Duty bundled with XB for free.

I can kind of see where people are coming from with the desperate claims. It's not like this is the first major push from MS, nor will it be the last. I mean, this is kind of insane when you think about it.
yep whenever I see threads like this I think of this^ all Sony needs is a GTA5 bundle at $399 to be good even if the Xbox one is a better deal.

Since the price drop is just 5 days after I purchased the white Xbox one bundle, do you think Amazon will refund me the $50 difference?
Only if Amazon does the discount themselves. They don't price match outside of their site. If they start selling the bundles at a discount, you can contact them and ask for a refund for the difference.

N.Domixis

Banned

SO won't be a system seller
FH2 sold around 120k on both 360 and X1 so irrelevant when it comes to selling huge amounts of systems.
Halo MCC is the only possible system seller out of the exclusives
All the others may be advertised as xb1 games but they will help sell more ps4s all together.

Add in a GTAV bundle and Farcry Bundle and they could win.

Why is it always only juniors who post crap like this?

Allez Phill
(Today, 12:29 PM)

TOP_40.jpg

SO won't be a system seller
FH2 sold around 120k on both 360 and X1 so irrelevant when it comes to selling huge amounts of systems.
Halo MCC is the only possible system seller out of the exclusives
All the others may be advertised as xb1 games but they will help sell more ps4s all together.

Add in a GTAV bundle and Farcry Bundle and they could win.

Where did you get that FH2 number? Seems way too low.

Top Bottom