• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom, new arcade fighter. (Viewtiful Joe in 'da house!)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
^Each character will have a mini-game, including the Wii only characters.

Anyone willing to translate each "title" of the character? For instance, "Aku no Hana" Doronjo means "Flower of Evil" Doronjo.

Proven

I just said that it shouldn't be too hard to make a special for each of the main three powers, Slow Mo, Mach Speed, and Zoom In, and Zoom In can be done because it created new moves for older ones. Hell, I had to look up the name for Viewtiful Forever and do a stealth edit.

Personally, I was envisioning a Zoom In version of every single one of this supers, just taking up an extra bar or two, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to make an entirely different Super Bar system for a single character, so I'm fine with this.

Boss Doggie

Get your official Tatsunoko vs. Capcom coasters! :D

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/121/121385/

c20081113_06_tatsucapgoods_01_cs1w1_640x345.jpg

Proven said:
I just said that it shouldn't be too hard to make a special for each of the main three powers, Slow Mo, Mach Speed, and Zoom In, and Zoom In can be done because it created new moves for older ones. Hell, I had to look up the name for Viewtiful Forever and do a stealth edit.

Personally, I was envisioning a Zoom In version of every single one of this supers, just taking up an extra bar or two, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to make an entirely different Super Bar system for a single character, so I'm fine with this.
That would have been pretty awesome actually

Sir Psycho Sexy

Neo Member
Alright, VJ makes this an insta-buy. Still holding out for Speed Racer or maybe even Gene, but as it stand I already got massive hype for this game.

Guess it's time to fire up some VJ on the old Gamecube...

Netto-kun

Ookami-kun said:
Anyone willing to translate each "title" of the character? For instance, "Aku no Hana" Doronjo means "Flower of Evil" Doronjo.
Bored and took my time trying to translate the titles. Most of them are probably inaccurate.:lol

Ken the Eagle: Hishousuru Hakuei - Flying White Shadow
Casshern: Hakai no Denkou - Bolt/Lightning of Destruction
Tekkaman: Amakakeru Kishi - Sky Dashing Knight (something along that line)
Yatterman No. 1: Iroasenu Seigi no Kokoro - Heart of Non-fading Justice (??? this one seems weird, but that's what I could figure)
Hurricane Polymar: Houkousuru Kouken - Roaring/Howling Red Fist
Doronjo: Aku no Hana - Flower of Evil
Karas: Yamiyo no Bannin - Watchman/Guard of (the) Dark Night
Hakushon Daimaou: Hmm, don't know about him. Appears to be a phrase.
Gold Lightan: Konjiki no Senshi - Golden Warrior
Ryu: Bujin no Toshi - This one is hard to translate. "Bujin" means "Very sincerely yours", while "toushi" means "fight"
Chun-Li: Tensaku Rankyaku - Sky Ripping Storm Kick(s)
Alex: Aato Obu Pawaa - Art of Power
Morrigan: Hakai no Bishou - Smile of <something> (The meaning of the first two kanjis is "breaking a commandment")
Batsu: Moeru Seigi no Kobushi - Fist of Burning Justice
Soki: Yaminagu Issen - Darkness Scything in a Flash (this one seems weird, but I couldn't figure out any better translations)
Rock Volnutt: Mugen no Yuuki - Infinite Courage
PTX-40A: Hakugin no Senki - Silver War Knight/Rider (apparently there's no actual meaning for "senki", "sen" means "war" while "ki" means "riding on horse".)

Boss Doggie

I thought it was "Makai no Bishou" (Lady of Makai... Makai = Underworld setting of Darkstalkers)

Thanks for the translation :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
&#8220;The issue is that there are multiple potential outcomes&#8230; it&#8217;s not as simple as &#8216;yes it&#8217;s coming&#8217; or &#8216;no, it&#8217;s not&#8217;. And we have a few other issues to contend with that I&#8217;m not able to get into details on that are coloring what direction we are able take with the franchise in the West. Again, we&#8217;re deeply in &#8217;stay tuned&#8217; territory but I don&#8217;t expect to have any solid news to share openly, one way or the other for a couple months.&#8221; - Christian Svensson, Corporate Officer/VP of Strategic Planning & Business Development

Source.

They're gunning, and they're gunning hard.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Netto-kun said:
Bored and took my time trying to translate the titles. Most of them are probably inaccurate.:lol

Ken the Eagle: Hishousuru Hakuei - Flying White Shadow
Casshern: Hakai no Denkou - Bolt/Lightning of Destruction
Tekkaman: Amakakeru Kishi - Sky Dashing Knight (something along that line)
Yatterman No. 1: Iroasenu Seigi no Kokoro - Heart of Non-fading Justice (??? this one seems weird, but that's what I could figure)
Hurricane Polymar: Houkousuru Kouken - Roaring/Howling Red Fist
Doronjo: Aku no Hana - Flower of Evil
Karas: Yamiyo no Bannin - Watchman/Guard of (the) Dark Night
Hakushon Daimaou: Hmm, don't know about him. Appears to be a phrase.
Gold Lightan: Konjiki no Senshi - Golden Warrior
Ryu: Bujin no Toshi - This one is hard to translate. "Bujin" means "Very sincerely yours", while "toushi" means "fight"
Chun-Li: Tensaku Rankyaku - Sky Ripping Storm Kick(s)
Alex: Aato Obu Pawaa - Art of Power
Morrigan: Hakai no Bishou - Smile of <something> (The meaning of the first two kanjis is "breaking a commandment")
Batsu: Moeru Seigi no Kobushi - Fist of Burning Justice
Soki: Yaminagu Issen - Darkness Scything in a Flash (this one seems weird, but I couldn't figure out any better translations)
Rock Volnutt: Mugen no Yuuki - Infinite Courage
PTX-40A: Hakugin no Senki - Silver War Knight/Rider (apparently there's no actual meaning for "senki", "sen" means "war" while "ki" means "riding on horse".)

So this is the final roster right? Havent kept up with this game for a while.

edit: Maybe not... no Viewtiful Joe? :lol

Netto-kun

haunts said:
So this is the final roster right? Havent kept up with this game for a while.

edit: Maybe not... no Viewtiful Joe? :lol
Oh, I was just taking all the mentioned "titles" from the promotion video. So obviously it's missing Jun the Swan, Roll, Ippatsuman, Saki and Viewtiful Joe. :p

swerve

Comes out on one of the biggest Wii days of the year for me. Karaoke JoySound, TatsuCap, and Jungle Beat Wiimake.

Can't wait.

Boss Doggie

Oh Oh Oh!

Something interesting regarding the licensing issues.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=953921&topic=46649984

Dear Scott:

Thank you for your e-mail. Please note that Harmony Gold only holds certain video rights. Harmony Gold has no affiliation or control over the Tatsunoko vs Capcom game.

Thank you.

Christy Pawlak
President & General Counsel
Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
7655 Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90046
P: (323) 851-4900
F: (323) 436-7257
cpawlak@harmonygold.com
www.harmonygold.com
www.robotech.com

My email.

Oh and the same goes for Urban Vision (I called them) and Manga entertainment (Karas).
And Sandy Frank's license expired last year for Gatchaman too.

So other than those, no other license holders for Tatsunoko characters in this game

here's the Tatsunoko roster from the game:

Ken the Eagle Science Ninja Team Gatchaman: expired license
Casshern1 Neo-Human Casshern: never had/expired license (OAV)
Tekkaman Tekkaman: The Space Knight: Had one in the 70's for vhs. Company went under.
Yatterman-12 Yatterman never had a license
Polymar Hurricane Polymar :Expired (Urban Vision - OAV)
Gold Lightan3 Golden Warrior Gold Lightan never had a license
Doronjo4 Yatterman never had a license
Karas Karas previously held by MANGA Entertainment. They have no right on Video games.
Hakushon Daimao; Never had a license
Jun the Swan Science Ninja Team Gatchaman expired
Ippatsuman5 Gyakuten! Ippatsuman Never had a license

so I also spoke to URBAN Vision's marketing department on the phone (they're in CA), and the main head of marketing informed be that even IF they still owned the rights to Hurricane Polymar and Gatchaman OAV (through Harmony Gold distribution, who also previously owned the rights to Casshern OAV - again no longer owns it), that does not apply to video game merchandise.
(Once again, this proves my previous point of licenses having expiration dates, and if the company holding the license hasn't made any money on it or made all they could, they wont renew it.)
Now getting back to what I said above, meaning, if Tatsunoko vs Capcom were to be released here and if they did still hold the Polymar and Gatchaman license, that they wouldn't have any rights to secure monies from said merchandise.
And she went on to address that this is also how other video distribution companies handle this:
that they have no rights to securing payment for non video anime merchandise.

Boss Doggie

Which is why I responded with the Gatchaman characters (or possibly even some secret characters) causing the "delay".

Even at the EVO loketest, Ken was the only one missing.

Top Bottom