• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U finally coming out on Nov. 28 in Europe

L~A

B1RGNcVIgAEhgup.png:large

You know how we said Super #SmashBros. for #WiiU would arrive in December in Europe? Change of plan: 28/11/2014

The Super Smash Bros. for Wii U + GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U bundle now arrives in Europe on 28/11

Just announced via Twitter. So now it's coming out on the same day as the first wave of amiibo.

It also applies to the various bundles... except the bundle with the Mario amiibo, still coming out on Dec. 5. Oh, and AUS/NZ get the game on Nov. 29!

Source

JoeM86

https://www.facebook.com/WiiU.co.uk/posts/722305911177479
You know how we said Super Smash Bros. for Wii U would arrive in December in Europe?

Change of plan: 28th November.

Also arriving on this blessed day:

- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U + GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U bundle
- Nintendo GameCube Controller - Super Smash Bros. Edition
- GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U

The Super Smash Bros. for Wii U + Mario amiibo bundle will still launch on 5th December.

Piccoro

But... but my payday is December 1st...
I will only buy it on Monday, while the rest of Europe will play it all weekend? Change it back Nintendo! :(

ZeroX03

Banned
Wow. Poor Japan and Australia? Or will Australia get bumped up too since don't they usually release with Europe?

Australia and NZ are getting it on the 29th now. If a mod could add that to the title / main post that'd be great, we had problems with the Amiibo release date thread when ANZ wasn't amended to the topic and people kept asking.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
But I wanted the Amiibo bundle!!! AARGRHHH
On Amazon, the bundle is £10 more than the stand alone. A Mario Amiibo on its own is £10. You save 0p buying the bundle so just get the two separately (obviously this is an example using one store, but I'm sure shopping around will show that the bundle isn't really worth the wait and in fact buying the two items separately from different shops could end up cheaper)

MegaMelon

ORAS and Smash on the same day? I hope neither cannibalizes sales of the other, seeing as many wii u owners also have a 3ds.

L~A

So yeah, amiibo bundle coming out on Dec. 5, no change there.

I wonder if they hadn't planned this from the start... I mean, Nov. 28 is the release date for the amiibo. A bit strange, if you ask me :p

Tanwo

Great news!
I was thinking of getting the amiibo bundle, but if it launches later... I will probably just get the game first.

Jackano

Lite Agent is the new Wario 64. You're a bot, Ashley!

Could this be a marketing thing? Purposedly announced on 5th first. I ask the question even I think this is not the case. It just made no sense it was so late in the holiday season.

Edit: And f**k beat on the conspiracy thing too :/

Top Bottom