• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

biteren

holy crap!! i can definatly say this is the best COD yet, that movement speed changes the game, also im am pleased to discover that side/back dashing is easier than initially told (it just requires one stick click)

this is some goos stuff here, good job sledgehammer games!!!

EDIT!!! if any ps4 folks need godlike rushdown hit me up PS4: straymblaster

rockin the mountain dew gloves and durritos goggles!!!

THEF3AR

Just a tip. It seems COD does not play nice with wifi. I've hard connected and the results are night and day for performance.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I haven't played a CoD since Black Ops but before that I was a big fan since the original. I just got burnt out and was wary of picking this up but I managed to do some clever trading and got it for only $12. I have to say I'm really impressed. The game is gorgeous, audio is better than ever and the future tech is cool as all hell while still adding to the formula. A few hours in and it's one of my favorite CoDs so far. Sledgehammer did great work.

K/D is such a deceptive stat. If you do nothing but play Domination, never go for captures, and just sit back and defend while your team is losing by 50 points...K/D ain't that great a barometer of skill.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
We played TLOU MP together right? I think I'm still friends with you. We should hit it up.

PS- What else needs to happen is an official GAF clan done.

GAF Clan on PS4 would be great. By far the most fun I've had with COD in a long time. Level 27 after today, don't even know how long it took me to get to that in Ghosts. Getting my K/D up slowly to .83. Took a beating early on lol.

ramuh

GAF Clan on PS4 would be great. By far the most fun I've had with COD in a long time. Level 27 after today, don't even know how long it took me to get to that in Ghosts. Getting my K/D up slowly to .83. Took a beating early on lol.

It was the opposite for me. 1.9 K/D ratio into level 20s. End of the night playing, sucking ass majorly and I'm back down to 1.2.

Came in really skeptical.

This is what I wanted from Titanfall. Best CoD since the original Modern Warfare.

Edit: If only it had dedicated servers...

BondFancy

So how is this game, I know it's still the "Honeymoon phase", but from what I've seen it looks pretty interesting. So a couple questions...A) How much better is it than Ghosts on a scale of 1-10? B) How does it compare to COD's which were actually good a la MW2/MW1? C) Does it share any similarities to Titanfall because of the EXO mechanic? D) Is it fun?

Liberty4all

Banned
Played 3 hours tonight. Really enjoyed it ... I burned out on CoD years ago but thought maybe enough time has passed that I'm ready for a CoD again.

As it turns out the traversal/boost mechanics completely change the feel of the game (in a good way IMHO). Gameplay feels really fresh to me partly because of that and partly because its been years for me. Really enjoying this, mp is a joy to play.

Edit: Oh and I'm dead tomorrow at work. Its 2am, I have to be up at 7am and I'm normally in bed by 12 am. I had to tear myself away which tells me multi is really awesome.

Serick

Married Member
Is anyone else experiencing ridiculous lag issues on PS4? 8/10 games the entire game is sitting at one red bar (except the host and maybe 1-2 other players) and the game stutters.

Is Xbox One any better? Seriously about to throw my disc down the street in frustration.

NAT = open

This is a lot better than Ghosts. Hell it might be better than Black Ops 2 as well. I also love that people aren't used to the jump jets yet. I'm wrecking face in a way I never have in COD. Halo and other arena shooters have taught me well.

Dalek

Is anyone else experiencing ridiculous lag issues on PS4? 8/10 games the entire game is sitting at one red bar (except the host and maybe 1-2 other players) and the game stutters.

Is Xbox One any better? Seriously about to throw my disc down the street in frustration.

It's pretty awful from my perspective. I check
It out mid match and everyone is one bar, and at the end of the match everyone is full bars.

Duxxy3

Haven't noticed stuttering, but the XB1 version of AW doesn't perform nearly as well as Titanfall does (when it comes to lag and network stuff). Night and day difference.

Serick

Married Member
It's pretty awful from my perspective. I check
It out mid match and everyone is one bar, and at the end of the match everyone is full bars.

Yeah when no one is moving and the game freezes you at the end of the match everyone goes back up to full bars. The shittiest part is when it actually gets jittery as you're running.

Atilac

NAT = open

PS4 here as well, NAT open, lagfest. Really hope they fix it soon.

NAT = open
Welcome to P2P. If you're host, you're grtting fucked over with lag compensation. If you have a cellphone try tethering it; the worse the connection the more lag compensation your opponents will get.

Someone has already made a Gaf clan although I can't tell who made it and they haven't accepted me. Not sure what's going on with it.

Serick

Married Member
Yes, and of all the complaints that people have about the game, connection problems would rank at the bottom. Titanfall servers are top notch.

Titanfall was the last fps I played in pvp (not a fan of Destiny pvp, never got into it).

This is... Such a shitty experience compared to Titanfall.

Welcome to P2P. If you're host, you're grtting fucked over with lag compensation. If you have a cellphone try tethering it; the worse the connection the more lag compensation your opponents will get.

I'll put 4 bullets into someone before they fire once, and then die to one bullet from them. Is this the "compensation" you speak of?

Jblanks

Scoresteaks are pretty bad and are fairly tough to get yet alone putting extra perks on them, which makes stingers, and some perks almost pointless. Also there aren't enough streaks either.

Also don't like how their isn't any end game music/sound. And yes the lag compensation is really bad.

Titanfall was the last fps I played in pvp (not a fan of Destiny pvp, never got into it).

This is... Such a shitty experience compared to Titanfall.

I'll put 4 bullets into someone before they fire once, and then die to one bullet from them. Is this the "compensation" you speak of?
Lag compensation is artificial lag for players with good connections in order to level the playing field for players with bad connections. Basically with P2P you're at the mercy of every players connection, regardless of how good yours is.

And yes, what you described is a classic example of lag compensation. Like turning a corner only to be pulled back in time to die because the players connection trumped yours. It's essentially a coin toss.

junglist

AHHH so i need a season pass to play zombies.... I was wondering how to access it... I will have to upgrade then =(

I was going to get a season pass anyways.. but that seems like a shitty paywall to access content that should be included in the game anyways...

anyways whos going to be Prestiging to 15 ?

Frillen

The netcode for me is absolutely horrible. I'm not going to continue playing this if it doesn't improve, because right now I lose pretty much 95% of the one on one battles.

*Hits guy 7 times*

*Killcam shows 1-2 times*

This is the worst netcode I've ever experienced in a CoD. I basically have to camp now in order to have a decent chance at going 1.00 in a game. I still somehow have an overall K/D of 1.21 though, mostly because I camp.

Oh and the scorestreaks suck. Playing on PS4.

Mononoke

Banned
Been playing since yesterday. I only now just played Terrace. What the hell, this map is aweome. I can't believe I've only got to play it once. Map selection is weird in MP. Or I just have bad luck.

Edit: I haven't had a single game with lag :/ That sucks to hear people are having problems.

Serick

Married Member
The netcode for me is absolutely horrible. I'm not going to continue playing this if it doesn't improve, because right now I lose pretty much 95% of the one on one battles.

*Hits guy 7 times*

This is the worst netcode I've ever experienced in a CoD. I basically have to camp now in order to have a decent chance at going 1.00 in a game. I still somehow have an overall K/D of 1.21 though, mostly because I camp.

Having the same problem :(
Edit: I haven't had a single game with lag :/ That sucks to hear people are having problems.

Just curious, what kind of connection do you have?

Hurley

*Hits guy 7 times*

It's been like this the whole day for me, hopefully tonight I can catch a break. PS4 version also.

HelloMeow

Lag compensation is artificial lag for players with good connections in order to level the playing field for players with bad connections. Basically with P2P you're at the mercy of every players connection, regardless of how good yours is.

And yes, what you described is a classic example of lag compensation. Like turning a corner only to be pulled back in time to die because the players connection trumped yours. It's essentially a coin toss.

And the thing is, it only makes the game unfair for more people.

You would think it's fair to level the playing field connection wise, but all it does is make the game inconsistent for everyone.

Pikma

Banned
You know, I'm enjoying getting my ass killed, the game is such a nice change of pace that I'm actually excited to start fresh and slowly learn my way, so far this is the breath of fresh air the series needed since Blops 2. This is definitely NOT Ghosts
Thank God

SH said dedicated servers would be used, but no info beyond that. Ghosts similarly had a slow roll out of dedicated servers, lacking them at launch but receiving them s month later. If you want a quick crash course in P2P vs. dedicated servers, check this out (written by the very dev who introduced lag compensation to CoD): http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-about-the-xbox-live-cloud/

I agree though, game is unplayable at the moment.
Really? I only played a couple of mp rounds yesterday and everything was perfect. All ping signals were full, etc.
I'm still considering pulling an enthernetcable through the room because it's more reliable, but for me it was all supersmooth. I hope it stays that way...

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

NAT = open

Same thing. I literally cannot play it due to lag and shit. There a fix to this or am I boned?

Really? I only played a couple of mp rounds yesterday and everything was perfect. All ping signals were full, etc.
I'm still considering pulling an enthernetcable through the room because it's more reliable, but for me it was all supersmooth. I hope it stays that way...
YMMV, but wi-fi is much worse than being wired and makes your ping worse. I wouldn't be surprised if you started seeing problems once you went wired.

Mononoke

Banned
Having the same problem :(

Just curious, what kind of connection do you have?

My NAT is moderate on PS4 (Open on X1, could never get PS4 to open). My bars are always full in the lobby. I have 85 mb/s download and upload with Verizon Fios and I'm hard wired. I swear Ive yet to have a single game with lag. I'm on PS4 btw. Reading everyone else's experience I'm pretty confident I'm not getting that.

It really sucks to hear people are having issues. That is unacceptable.

Edit: yeah I've never had teleporting players or lag like that. It's been really smooth. I'm on the West Coast (So Cal not sure if that matters).

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
It's been like this the whole day for me, hopefully tonight I can catch a break. PS4 version also.

Selfishly glad it's not just me and my net, then. It lags to the point enemies and teammates teleport. Sigh. Overall game is sound, though, just the lag is unbearable.

Top Bottom