• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAKEOUT: SHAM OF NOTREALGAME has been submitted to the 123 Fake Street patent office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BELIEVE

vgx_article_logo.jpg

Phamit

Oh wasn't there a Kotaku about Fallout 4 being in Boston? Or was it Bollocks by this one Troll?

But couldn't just everyone submit a patent and office have still check if this is legit?

Oh and Ben Affleck as MC?

Kosma

Banned
What did you expect? The series is all about America.

The series is about survival in a post apocalyptic world, with tactical combat.

How often can they milk the same exact setting for real, hey look its 50s America again. But in the future.

Tropical setting would be cool, or Asian , or European. Anything.

How often can they milk the same exact setting for real, hey look its 50s America again. But in the future.

Well, that whole setting is kinda what makes the series unique. Otherwise we'd just get Bethesda Wasteland.

ekim

Haven't we seen enough faux patent submissions last year for several things? I don't get my hopes up...

VGX Reveal pls!

Well...Fallout (and Wasteland to a degree) are both based around post-WW2 fear of communism and possibility of a follow-up conflict truly being a war to end all wars, best exemplified by American jingoism.

While you could set Fallout outside of the USA, it is as key to the setting as GTA taking place in the US.

Mogwai

It's getting closer!

I never really got started on New Vegas... I have the GOTY version, so I think I'm covered until Fallout 4 is released.

pashmilla

Banned
Kind of off topic, but my first thought when I read the thread title was that it's some kind of Shadow of Mordor spinoff.

StarVigil

Tropical setting would be cool, or Asian , or European. Anything.
Fallout is all about the "exact same setting". The setting is the main draw for this series.
The music, the vaults, the pitboys, the propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom