• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 299euro

kikonawa

well i just picked up a 299€ playstation 3 with the bluray movie 300 and an extra bluray remote .

was there an official pricedrop ??

image010mb7.jpg

where? gameplaza in Belgium and also the bart smit stores in the netherlands and belgium

This makes maybe sense since the 399 packs all include 2 full price games (resistance 2, LBP, buzz etc..)

Elios83

kikonawa said:
This makes maybe sense since the 399 packs all include 2 full price games (resistance 2, LBP, buzz etc..)

Here in Italy I've seen the PS3 80GB + LBP pack at 299€ as well :lol
Retailers are starting to drop the price by themselves, which could be a sign that something official is coming.

Polk

Here in Poland in Media Markt you can buy PS3+Motorstorm 2 or PS3+Resistance 2 for 1299pln (which is 316euro now).

Ranger X

With the holidays sales Sony got, let me tell you that if there isn't a price drop right now then there will be one before the end of the present fiscal year. Mark my words.

[Nintex]

Did some research:
PS3 80GB + Bluray Remote + One game for free, choose between(Singstar Abba, Motorstorm 2, GTAIV or Fallout 3) = 299,99 euro

if this becomes an official worldwide price drop I reeeeaaally look forward to the "ha, sony is going to go under with a price drop they cannot afford" threads that will pop-up.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
manueldelalas said:
299 Euros == 419 Dollars... Poor Europe, still it is the 80GB console...
To Sony $1 = €1. PS3 launched at €599.

Hopefully this means $299 soon. :)

kikonawa

manueldelalas said:
299 Euros == 419 Dollars... Poor Europe, still it is the 80GB console...

thats not that correct. 299euro includes 21% TAX in belgium (and around 20% in most euro countries) but then again yeah...

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Well value of the pound dropping means Sony had to either drop the price in the UK or on in the Eurozone, or they'd eventually get called up by the EU.

[Nintex]

And this comes with a free game(choose between Fallout 3, Motorstorm, GTAIV and Singstasr Abba) people!

The Blu-Ray remote control =29,99
Fallout 3 = 64,99
That's nearly a 100 euro discount, that brings the PS3 to 199,99, mass market price am here!:D

[Nintex]

I just checked and the other packs are still 399,99. Just bring down the LBP pack to 299,99 as well Sony. Are you stupid?

spwolf

where is this, belgium? Are we sure this is not some special retailer discount?

Since here in Eastern Europe, two games + 80 GB is still 500 Euros after taxes as latest "promotion"////

kikonawa

YES belgium and netherlands..
btw, in the UK (check amazon.co.uk its 279uk£ thats more or less 299euro

the same (LBP pack or movie pack)

FrankT

Som retailers likely trying to push stock before Christmas. If there was an official price cut we would have had the PR. Pretty sure I saw this price mentioned somewhere last week as well. I believe it was Belgium IIRC.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
kikonawa said:

Well PS3 launched in the UK at £425, while it was €599. I would expect that to stay sort of in line, weakening pound or not.

kikonawa

UK = Owned ..

£ = euro these days :D
games are fuck cheap importing from the UK

check play.com
check amazon.co.uk
check shopto.net

etc...

the UK is the new USA country to import from

[Nintex]

kikonawa said:
UK = Owned ..

£ = euro these days :D
games are fuck cheap importing from the UK

check play.com
check amazon.co.uk
check shopto.net

etc...

the UK is the new USA country to import from
I did not know this and I'm so going to take advantage of this :lol

Elios83

Sage00 said:
Well PS3 launched in the UK at £425, while it was €599. I would expect that to stay sort of in line, weakening pound or not.

It will be hard if not impossibile to keep that ratio.
1£ = 1€ currently, there's no way they can cut the price below 299£ which is the same as selling PS3 at 299€ elsewhere (compared to the 'official' 399€).

kikonawa

make sure you order in pound, some sites are more expensive if you pay in euroes.
let it charge your visa by ukpound so it goes to the best rate.

lbp , resistance2 and other games at 20-30 euros

spwolf

kikonawa said:

thats because of crazy GBP... I want to know if continental europe is getting real cut or what? I see a lot of PS3 ads on german tv for 399 Euros + Free game.

El-Suave

I bought a cheap PS3 in the UK for my nephew and niece (as a gift from their parents not from me). LBP bundle for £ 290 plus free Motorstorm, free HDMI cable, a third game for £ 10 and a Blu Ray movie for £ 7.
Quite a good bundle I would guess, a much much cheaper deal than I would have gotten here in Germany. The heat between Microsoft and Sony seems to be on in the UK so prices drop. Here in Germany where the HD market is still owned by Sony prices are stable.
We were debating about whether to buy them a PS2 or a PS3 - if it weren't for the deals and the cheap £, they would have gotten a PS2.

Thomper

kikonawa said:
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/3-/254484/2-/Promo.html

check out the prices of those games

far cry 2 : 19euro
prince of persia : 19euro
bioshock 19euro
GTA4 : 19euro
Midnight club LA:19euro

all free shipping wtf

i'm going to shop for 5-6 games.. :D
Play doesn't let you order in Pounds if you're not British, and the conversion rate they have on their website is very, very different from the actual conversion rate. So yeah, games aren't as cheap to the rest of Europe.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If Sony are supplying in GBP then that gives retailers plenty of room to cut prices. If they are supplying in euros, then maybe some smart retailers will come over here and buy up all of GAMEs stock and resell it in Europe

Ramenman

Elios83 said:
Here in Italy I've seen the PS3 80GB + LBP pack at 299€ as well :lol
Retailers are starting to drop the price by themselves, which could be a sign that something official is coming.

BU BU BU DAVID REEVES SAID !!!!

Goldrusher

Use Amazon.co.uk or ShopTo.net if you want cheap UK games. But be quick, as most of them are only cheap because of special holiday promotions, not because of the cheap pound.

The usual price is ~40 to ~45 euro, about the same as importing an American or Asian game.
But now, many shops have 40 to 60 percent holiday discounts, resulting in games as cheap as 20 euro.

A few examples...

Amazon.co.uk
(shipping: add 1 euro per game, 4 euro per order)

ShopTo.net
(shipping: add 4 euro)

Give or take a euro or two depending on the exact exchange rate.

Correctly calculated examples:
€29,96 for MotorStorm Pacific Rift; €23,00 for LittleBigPlanet. Order both and you only pay €48,68.​

So yeah, if you look around a bit, for €399 you can now have a bundle consisting of an 80GB system, 2 DS3 controllers, a Blu-ray remote, a Blu-ray movie, LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm Pacific Rift and Resistance 2.
Buy the actual PS3 for €299 and get the games and an extra controller from the UK.

spwolf

Jtyettis said:
Som retailers likely trying to push stock before Christmas. If there was an official price cut we would have had the PR. Pretty sure I saw this price mentioned somewhere last week as well. I believe it was Belgium IIRC.

retailers dont make such money to do price cut themselves...

So it is Sony backed - HOWEVER people need to understand that Sony lets their distribution companies for market decide on price, so while Belgium one can drop the price (and cover the expense), that does not mean that UK one will do the same.

I am starting to believe that they are doing this so late, so to lose as little money as possible on PS3 after most people did their shopping, and to start in with new price.

If this is indeed in Italy, Belgium and Netherlands, then expect it to be everywhere within a month or so...

gogogow

kikonawa said:
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/3-/254484/2-/Promo.html

check out the prices of those games

far cry 2 : 19euro
prince of persia : 19euro
bioshock 19euro
GTA4 : 19euro
Midnight club LA:19euro

all free shipping wtf

i'm going to shop for 5-6 games.. :D
Hey guys who shopped at play.com, how do they ship a game (outside of UK, continental EU)?
In a jiffy bag or box? Is it recorded delivery or standard airmail?
Want to know how the game is protected. Thanks.

Well...stores have to sell them some way. Right?

But Sony needs a price drop, but at the same time they need to recoup the R&D costs for the PS3. So yea...Sony right now is hoping that the KZ2 and other games coming early 2009 will take them there instead of a Price Drop.

FrankT

spwolf said:
retailers dont make such money to do price cut themselves...

So it is Sony backed - HOWEVER people need to understand that Sony lets their distribution companies for market decide on price, so while Belgium one can drop the price (and cover the expense), that does not mean that UK one will do the same.

I am starting to believe that they are doing this so late, so to lose as little money as possible on PS3 after most people did their shopping, and to start in with new price.

If this is indeed in Italy, Belgium and Netherlands, then expect it to be everywhere within a month or so...

Wait what, an official price cut in January. As has been mentioned retailers have to push them somehow.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
sankt-Antonio said:
every time i see this in written letters i feel pain .... i bought it day1 for fucking 600€
i must have been on crack or something...

Dude that's the way it is with new technology, I remember spending well over that for my 8800GTX the day it came out, now you can pick them up for a pittance, it's the price you pay for having the latest tech on day one.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
lowrider007 said:
Dude that's the way it is with new technology, I remember spending well over that for my 8800GTX the day it came out, now you can pick them up for a pittance, it's the price you pay for having the latest tech on day one.

i dont care that the price is low now - it bugs me that it was that high to beginn with :|

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
sankt-Antonio said:
i dont care that the price is low now - it bugs me that it was that high to beginn with :|

Blu-Ray players were near to a thousand dollars when the PS3 was released, whether you needed blu-ray or not for the time that the machine was released when you take into consideration the technology that was incorporated into the PS3 it really wasn't a bad price, it was just harder to swallow for people that didn't need that extra tech but it certainly wasn't a rip off at the time.

Top Bottom