• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo [Up: Sony - Was running at 30 fps]

arevin01

Better for angle comparison.

tLScv7s.jpg

Wow. I was mesmerized. Can't wait to get a chance to play it. No release date yet right?
Never has a game made me feel like I was watching a really good action movie.

Sean

Banned
Not too impressed with that demo, especially since it doesn't seem to be 60fps.

Was expecting Naughty Dog to blow everyone else away graphically and it looks more in line with currently released next-gen games. That's not to say UC4 looks bad or anything, just the "wow" factor isn't there at all for me in this footage.

Horp

Looks really good, very impressed. If this is 60 fps, it's unbelievable. Don't think it's my type of game gameplay wise though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
that looks like a TON of fun, can't wait!

loved that the trailer showed how dynamic UC4's approach to combat is.

Worst thing about that demo:
n0fTYTy.png

THE MOST CONVENIENT STONE FORMATION OF ALL TIME. Of all time.

LOL, there's always been a lot of that throughout UC (and TR for that matter). I actually think it makes for good game design since you can recognize pretty instantly where you need to go based on the unnatural formations doted in the landscape.

I've still got high hopes for this game even if it isn't shaking up the formula as much as I'd hoped.

Αm I the only one who thought the level design was INSANE?

It's consistently impressive throughout the demo. I really hope the game keeps up with such quality in its level design. Really reminds me of older shooters where the gameplay was based around delivering a sandbox to the player and having the player create an experience, as opposed to a lot of modern titles where the experience is created for the player. That isn't to say the latter is bad, however. It can be good when done well. Unfortunately, most of the time, it is not.

NEO0MJ

I have to admit, it doesn't look that impressive yet, though the game is still a year away. Are they sticking with 60 FPS like they said before? If so I don't care that it's n

Oh, and his hair looks strange now.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Maybe is the video compression, but the gameplay video is nothing great, really, and not to troll or something else, I love Uncharted games. But it seems only a little improvement of PS3 games.

I........I dont get some of these comments in this thread. Are we not watching the same clip? are you guys not watching the HD version?

not only are the graphics the best I have ever fucking seen.....I don't know. This is GAF I guess. :/

This thread is why so many publishers give gamers bullshots, cinematic trailers and fake gameplay segments.

Nah, this thread is why gamers shouldn't go all in over a cinematic trailer. That trailer seems to have set some peoples expectations way too high.

It was never going to look that that tbf to ND

And yet people fought tooth and nail over the idea that the game would look like that in gameplay at 60fps. Setting themselves up for a fall.

Skux

Αm I the only one who thought the level design was INSANE?

I know right. As soon as I finished the video I came back to this thread wanting to talk about how complex the level is, the open approach, the multi-tiered, 360 degree emphasis... and surprise surprise, people are arguing about hair detail and specular maps.

Looked pretty good, not as good as the reveal, but didn't expect it to. If all the contextual stuff works like in that video it should be a lot of fun.

mxgt

Banned
Some people have such silly expectations about what PS4 hardware can do.

It looks great, and is a huge upgrade over last gen. Let us also remember that the game is still a year away and youtube videos never do games justice.

belmonkey

I finally watched it, and while I don't think it looks as good as the reveal, it still looks delicious; better than anything I've seen on PC, at least so far.

Jonm1010

Banned
Nah, this thread is why gamers shouldn't go all in over a cinematic trailer. That trailer seems to have set some peoples expectations way too high.

The cinematic trailer had near optimism, skeptical but trustworthy pessimism. Tons of hype. Then Naughty dog does the honorable thing and release a real-time, no bullshit gameplay demo and the reaction is a bunch of shit throwing.

If Im a publisher id just stick with the BS marketing that seems to have a negligible negative effect on consumer behavior whereas these gameplay demos bring haters out of the woodworks and completely usurp the conversation to one of flaws and disappointment trolling.

The level design does look better than what I'm used to seeing on Uncharted, and the enemy AI seems to be pretty good. That matters more to me than the graphics, which still look awesome.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Two screens from Gamersyde video:

When you see that video, IMHO, no other game has that level of visual clarity, and the level of detail. I mean despite all the insane detail they are rendering, the image looks so clean and stable all the time. It looks incredible on my TV. I think the game must be using some kind of supersampling to look this clean.

iego4JlgdG1lY.png

i47hu3h9234wv.png

psn

Wow, impressive. Looks amazing. I don't know what else to say atm.

Can't believe ppl are not impressed. The graphics, animations, interactions, those well placed plants and the great level design... So hyped..

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Looks good, but not super impressive.

Character models are really nice. Something about the environment seems a bit plain though.

Asbear

Banned
UC4 (PS4)(Compressed, blurry take it with a grain of salt)
1417890023-x1.jpg

UC1 (PS3)
839772-932984_20071119_001.jpg

Unfair comparison, yeah. BUT. This is the PS3-PS4 next gen difference in a nutshell.

A few bulletpoints to be taken from this is:

- Next-gen so far = much grander vistas and backdrops
- bigger areas but not significantly better fidelity in the details.

Two screens from Gamersyde video:

iego4JlgdG1lY.png

i47hu3h9234wv.png

When you see that video, IMHO, no other game has that level of visual clarity, and the level of detail. I mean despite all the insane detail they are rendering, the image looks so clean and stable all the time.

Why do we immediately give screens of the cutscenes to represent the graphics in the game.. Aren't we confident enough in the gameplay footage to give screens??

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i've never understood the lust for high LoD cut-scene models. if that's what you're all about, you might as well go fire up wing commander.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Why do we immediately give screens of the cutscenes to represent the graphics in the game.. Aren't we confident enough in the gameplay footage to give screens??

this is a war, friend. a war on your own crushed expectations.

Noobcraft

I like that it seems a lot more open/less linear than previous Uncharted games (<3 UC2), but I'm not really that impressed with the gameplay here. The rope and ice pick (thing?) have already been done in tomb raider and those features just gave me tomb raider vibes. The graphics look great for a 60fps title but I wish Naughty Dog just decided to target 30 instead to blow me away.

Also whoever was playing seemed to have a hard time aiming...

I'm still getting this day one, I need this.

Top Bottom