• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Japanese Magazine News Thread of Crystal Defending and other new games

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mod abuse: Editing OP to actually put news in since kev went to sleep.

New games:

Pole's Big Adventure (Sega) - WiiWare - 3rd Feb 2009
- Famicom style 2D action platformer
- Filled with in-jokes and gags which you have to discover in the stages
- Comedy action game

Crystal Defenders R1 (Square Enix) - WiiWare - 27th Jan 2009 - 1000 WiiPoints
- Port of the FF themed tower defense game on cellphones and iPod
- PSN and XBLA versions will be coming later

Yuusha30/Hero30 (MMV) - PSP
- RPG themed minigame adventure with 4 different types of games
- Hero30 is a side scrolling dungeon action mode
- Princess30 is a top down shooter/defense mode
- Knight30 is a top down action mode where you avoid traps
- Archmage30 is a top down RTS mode where you summon monsters
- Each stage gives you 30 seconds to clear it, hence the title
- Characters level up from killing monsters in each stage
- You aim to defeat the Archmage in each stage in the other modes

Preview Updates:

SaGa 2 DS remake - 70% complete, more pics and stuff, interview with Tanaka and Kawazu.

Star Ocean 4 - New character revealed, field skills return, pickpocketing is in, riding the shitty bunny is in, etc

FFXIII - The same shit that was in Jump, but with more pics.

Reviews:

Atlier Annie (DS): 7/7/7/7
Civilization Revolution (DS): 6/8/7/7
FFCC (DS): 8/7/7/8
Flash Action (DS): 8/8/7/7
World Soccer WE (PSP): 8/8/7/8
Soul Eater (PSP): 7/6/7/6
TotW: Radiant Mythology 2 (PSP): 8/8/8/8
FFCC (Wii): 8/7/7/7
Tomb Raider (PS3, 360): 8/8/8/8
Soul Eater (PS2): 6/5/6/5
Ninja Blade (360): 8/8/8/8
End War (360): 8/9/8/9

Note: ToV on PS3 is FAKE. I repeat, FAKE. The scans were faked, the photos were faked. Not real!

duckroll

And so the prophecy has come to pass! All that the duckroll has spoken of since the dawn of the first announcement is now a part of history!

Troidal

Y2Kev said:
Onto PS3!

Tales of Vesperia is coming to PS3 with new content. It will have new animation movies, new events, and new dungeons. There is no release date listed.

More to come as Team Japanese News Thread uncovers it.

So is this Tales of Vesperia 2? :lol

I'm still waiting for Ace Combat 6, er...7 for PS3.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Y2Kev said:
Onto PS3!

Tales of Vesperia is coming to PS3 with new content. It will have new animation movies, new events, and new dungeons. There is no release date listed.

More to come as Team Japanese News Thread uncovers it.

FUCK YEAH, the game is awesome on the X360 and it will be awesome on the PS3.

It gives me an excuse to play it again once I beat it on the 360.

duckroll said:
And so the prophecy has come to pass! All that the duckroll has spoken of since the dawn of the first announcement is now a part of history!

Tales of Hearts USA release, make it happen Duckroll.

:p

duckroll

Troidal said:
So is this Tales of Vesperia 2? :lol

I'm still waiting for Ace Combat 6, er...7 for PS3.

No, it's an "enhanced" port, like ToS PS2, Trusty Bell PS3, etc. It means there'll be new content that wasn't in the original because it's coming out much later than the original. Hopefully it runs as well, so I can double dip without feeling ripped off!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Awesome. Now I assume this means the trade will work both ways and Valkyria Chronicles will appear on the 360, right?.... right!?........ :(

bryehn

I haven't started the 360 version yet, so I'll probably send it out over Goozex while it's still worth 50 bucks and wait on the PS3 version. Plus I'll get one out of the backlog...

Hcoregamer00

duckroll said:
No, it's an "enhanced" port, like ToS PS2, Trusty Bell PS3, etc. It means there'll be new content that wasn't in the original because it's coming out much later than the original. Hopefully it runs as well, so I can double dip without feeling ripped off!

Bingo, hopefully it is worth it.

grandjedi6 said:
Awesome. Now I assume this means the trade will work both ways and Valkyria Chronicles will appear on the 360, right?.... right!?........ :(

Never say never, the game did sell poorly on the PS3 after all.

PC Gaijin

I loved this game on the 360; it's the most complete JRPG on the system. If there's enough new content I might double-dip. All PS3 games coming out now need to support trophies, correct?

matmanx1

Woohoo! Just about finished this one up on the 360 and anyone who's familiar with my post history will tell you that I'm a big fan of the game. Hopefully it wont take too long to come out!

duckroll

grandjedi6 said:

It's entirely possible, but Sega hasn't shown much intention of publishing more stuff on the 360 so far, so I wouldn't hope for too much.

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
Is there really any excuse for that, though? They could provide the added content to the 360 version via DLC, if they desired. I assumed there would be dungeon DLC for those areas that don't serve any purpose in the game, towards the end, but they'll probably avoid that now.

Still, hope it has some success. It's a great game and the first Tales game I've truly enjoyed.

Defuser

grandjedi6 said:
Get a ps3 :p
Blame Sega for scraping the 360 version in the first place.

grandjedi6

batbeg said:
FUCK. YES. Will probably be able to import in English before its out in PAL land on 360 :/
Actually, what are the chances of Vesperia PS3 making it out of Japan at all? Pretty slim I would guess :(

Hcoregamer00

Defuser said:

When did this "Valkyria was originally for 360" mumbo jumbo start?

grandjedi6 said:
Actually, what are the chances of Vesperia PS3 making it out of Japan at all? Pretty slim I would guess :(

If trusty bell did, then the far superior Vesperia will likely make it.

Firestorm

There. Happy EU/AU?
Should I double dip?

Edit: come to think of it, maybe it'll pull a Symphonia and not get localized =/

Barakov

Hopefully, it fairs better as a port than Symphonia did. I was about to pick this up on 360. Glad I waited.

Snaku

Banned
grandjedi6 said:

Hope so, everyone deserves the chance to play it. :D

Caelestis

Finally! This will definitely be a day 1 purchase for me. I just hope they won't take as long as ES to port it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wait, if "Team Symphonia" is working on this port, who is in charge of Tales of Wii? I probably missed the announcement in the last months, so bear with me please.

grandjedi6

duckroll said:
It's entirely possible, but Sega hasn't shown much intention of publishing more stuff on the 360 so far, so I wouldn't hope for too much.
Defuser said:
well that killed my optimism fast :/

Hcoregamer00 said:
When did this "Valkyria was originally for 360" mumbo jumbo start?
Yeah I never heard of it until Defuse just mentioned it but the interwebs says the developer blog mentioned it

If trusty bell did, then the far superior Vesperia will likely make it.
Yeah but its Scamco. I can totally see them skipping the port.... just like they skipped Symphonia's...

Eteric Rice

Regulus Tera said:
Wait, if "Team Symphonia" is working on this port, who is in charge of Tales of Wii? I probably missed the announcement in the last months, so bear with me please.

I don't think we know yet, unfortunately.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Wait, why did the Vesperia scan get pulled from creamsugar's site?

EDIT: Oh I see.

Top Bottom