• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First HD screens of classic Banjo-Tooie on XBLA

George K.

Hello, GAF. I just posted the first HD screenshots taken from Banjo-Tooie for XBLA on the Banjo blog. The game is due for release in April (follow this link for the full details).

Anyway, I thought you might enjoy taking a peek at them for yourselves at a higher resolution, so here you go:

Banjo-Tooiie_A.jpg

Banjo-Tooie_B.jpg

Banjo-Tooie_C.jpg

Banjo-Tooie_D.jpg

Know the bear, love the bear.

Struct09

Thanks George. Looks great, and after playing the amazing XBLA version of Banjo-Kazooie, this is a day one for me :D

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
I never played tooie and I loved the shit out of the original on both N64 and XBLA. I am so psyched to pick this up day 1! Release date?

edit: just clicked the link, this April eh, maybe in time for my bday :D

JSnake

FAPFAPFAPFAPFAP

Banjo-Tooie is in my top 5 favorite games of all time. It looks incredible. Can't wait!

tidus9000

Really cannot wait for this! i loved the original to death but never got the chance to play tooie because i didn't have a N64

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I never got my pre-order code for Banjo when I bought nuts and bolts.... still really depressed about that.

Never got a chance to play this one either or don't own it on the N64 for like 1.

Erudite

Thanks for the screens, looks amazing.

I have the original Banjo Kazooie sitting on my shelf, still waiting to be finished. Never got around to picking up Banjo Tooie however, so I'm definitely grabbing this day one when it hits XBLA.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Man this really gives me the urge to put in my old Banjo Tooie cartridge and give it another go. So awesome.

Xav

I think Banjo Tooie is the best in the series, they don't make massive platformers like these anymore.

I was just going to post in the BK:N&B thread when any info about this would come out. Looks awesome.

Hmmm, sounds like DLC or something else for Nuts and Bolts, oh and the SNS shtuff will finally be revealed!!!!

Most important thing that needs to be known:

As with the XBLA release of Banjo-Kazooie, you can expect all the fully-featured fun from the original game. But there’s more – 4J Studios have dredged the Banjo team’s collective memory and implemented the original plan for Stop ‘n’ Swop, for the first time on any platform ever and after many long years of waiting. Without going into too much detail, the Stop ’n’ Swop items collected in Banjo-Kazooie will ‘magically’ appear in Tooie, resulting in... well, you'll just have to find out. What could be cooler than that? Nothing, that’s what – not even Kazooie turning into a dragon.

I must own this!

BTW, is Rare handling the port in house or have they contracted some else to handle it?

Edit: Nevermind. I never heard of 4J studios. What is their background?

Have yet to re-play BK on XBLA so pardon the probably-already-answered question--will Banjo-Tooie have improved framerates over the N64 version? I'm not usually a whore about those things but the original was pretty brutal in that regard. You guys asked way too much of the poor N64!

goldenpp72

They will show PD64 HD along with.. Perfect dark: Redemption (wink wink)

Imo rare should pay those guys who did PD source though.

adg1034 said:
Any word on if the framerate issues have been fixed from BK1?

How is the framerate on Banjo 1 XBLA anyway? That could be a nice indication. Tooie has a pretty terrible framerate on N64, it's unplayable by today's standards.

Also, Perfect Dark 64, XBLA, with online mode, would make me buy a 360 ASAP!

Cataferal

Digital Foundry
I wish Goldeneye came to XBLA.

Looking at those screens makes me wish Nintendo went HD. I'd love to see Zelda/Mario given that kind of treatment too.

Great work, Rare.

adg1034

RockmanWhore said:
How is the framerate on Banjo 1 XBLA anyway? That could be a nice indication. Tooie has a pretty terrible framerate on N64, it's unplayable by today's standards.

I haven't had my 360 online for a few months, so I have no clue if they patched this, but in certain places, having your 360 set to 1080p would cause massive slowdown. I think water areas were particularly susceptible to this.

JSnake

RockmanWhore said:

Also, Perfect Dark 64, XBLA, with online mode, would make me buy a 360 ASAP!

The framerate on BK XBLA is rock solid. :D

edit: Yeah they patched the FPS drops on 1080p sets.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Joe Shlabotnik said:
Have yet to re-play BK on XBLA so pardon the probably-already-answered question--will Banjo-Tooie have improved framerates over the N64 version? I'm not usually a whore about those things but the original was pretty brutal in that regard. You guys asked way too much of the poor N64!

From the link in the OP:

In what promises to be amongst the biggest and boldest – and certainly the bear-iest – releases on Xbox LIVE Arcade, Banjo-Tooie will be a note-perfect migration of Banjo and Kazooie’s second adventure. In their struggle against Grunty and her wicked sisters, the bear and bird can now rely on the extra grunt supplied by the Xbox 360, bringing with it silky-smooth frame rates and super-sharp HD graphics.

The framerate on the original on xbla is awesome
even for 1080p post patch

adg1034 said:
I haven't had my 360 online for a few months, so I have no clue if they patched this, but in certain places, having your 360 set to 1080p would cause massive slowdown. I think water areas were particularly susceptible to this.

JSnake said:
The framerate on BK XBLA is rock solid. :D

edit: Yeah they patched the FPS drops on 1080p sets.

Nice :D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
While I negated to buy BK XBLA (Playing the game to completion over 5 times on N64 is well enough) I WILL buy Banjo Tooie XBLA Day one.

April cannot come fast enough.

Cdammen

Looks nice and clean. I remember being awed by this when I got it for the N64. Will probably buy a second time!

BK XBLA is only 30fps not 60, like I was hoping (and expected considering the hardware it was on). Let's hope that for its fans, Tooie is at least a consistent 30fps.

gkryhewy

Dragona Akehi said:
BK XBLA is only 30fps not 60, like I was hoping (and expected considering the hardware it was on). Let's hope that for its fans, Tooie is at least a consistent 30fps.

Really? I played BK just last night, and I would swear it's 60fps, at least at 720p. It's like butter, such that the framerate and draw distance in certain levels combine to make me a little queasy :lol

gkrykewy said:
Really? I played BK just last night, and I would swear it's 60fps, at least at 720p. It's like butter, such that the framerate and draw distance in certain levels combine to make me a little queasy :lol

I'm playing at 1080i. It is not 60fps. Rotate the camera while you're running and look at the background, it'll shudder a bit. Now, this is nothing bad, it just means it's 30fps and not 60fps: which is fantastic compared to the N64 version! I love it! But, I do admit I was hoping for 60fps. :(

Maybe I should set the 360 to 720p and see if there's a difference...

Now, the draw distance is absolutely fantastic. Major Kudos there.

Playing this on XBLA a couple weeks ago made me realize why I loved the game so much. Never played Tooie for some reason, so I'm looking forward to this so I can experience it for the first time.

Top Bottom