• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition for Europe

L~A

Edit: today is the last day to order!

Apparently, Nintendo is having one last round of emails today, but the deadline is the same as everybody else: so make sure you order before 11.59PM this evening!

Ok guys, here's the Google Docs for those interested.

You need to quote to see the link, please don't share outside of GAF ;)

Just got this via email, from Club Nintendo:

large-bottomamumt.png

Basically, selected Club Nintendo members can get their hands on a special edition of the New Nintendo 3DS. Check out your mail if you live in Europe!

Pack includes:

- New Nintendo 3DS (White) with a special faceplate, New Nintendo 3DS stylus, microSDHC 4 Go, 6 AR cards, quick start guide. (169,99 €)
- special faceplate (9,67 €)
- Super Smash Bros faceplate (back and front). (9,67 €)
- charging dock (white). (9,67 €)

It costs 199.99€ (205€ with shipping).

Would you like to get your hands on New Nintendo 3DS before the European launch?

Dear Nintendo fan,

We'd like to thank you, one of our most loyal customers, for all your support. To show our appreciation, we're offering you the chance to purchase New Nintendo 3DS now, and get it before the official European launch!

New Nintendo 3DS will be coming to Europe in 2015, bringing new customisation options, new speed, new controls, new 3D viewing and a whole new handheld gaming experience! And with this offer, you can be one of the first players in Europe to own the new system!

The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle

For a limited time only, we’re giving you the opportunity to purchase our special New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle – that includes exclusive Ambassador Cover Plates (which won’t be available anywhere else), a charging cradle, and a set of Super Smash Bros. cover plates, too! If you'd like to purchase it, you only have until 23:59 (UK time) on January 12th 2015 to take advantage of this offer.

Here’s what’s in the special bundle:

New Nintendo 3DS (White) which comes with an exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Back), New Nintendo 3DS stylus, 4 GB microSDHC memory card, AR Cards, Quick-Start Guide, Operations Manual.
The exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Front).
Super Smash Bros. Cover Plates (Front and Back).
Charging cradle (White).

If you wanna order your Ambassador N3DS, you have to do it before January 12. You should get it before January 23. More info there!

Transfer guide (for those who already have the console): http://s1.thcdn.com/design-assets/documents/nintendo/pdf/NINE_Transfer_Guide_3DS_EN_v03_cf.pdf

hiro4

Havent received mine yet: Netherlands.
But that looks mighty good.
Now I have to think about getting an XL version or this one.

Hasney

Anyone in the UK got the email yet? Registering a 3DS on release day and then the XL along with a metric shitton of games should qualify me.

special edition? so like faceplates?

Yup, and it sounds like it might be the opportunity to buy one early too since it's not been officially announced yet for Europe.

The whole text

I just got this email from Nintendo

Would you like to get your hands on New Nintendo 3DS before the European launch?

Dear Nintendo fan,

We'd like to thank you, one of our most loyal customers, for all your support. To show our appreciation, we're offering you the chance to purchase New Nintendo 3DS now, and get it before the official European launch!

New Nintendo 3DS will be coming to Europe in 2015, bringing new customisation options, new speed, new controls, new 3D viewing and a whole new handheld gaming experience! And with this offer, you can be one of the first players in Europe to own the new system!

The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle

For a limited time only, we’re giving you the opportunity to purchase our special New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle – that includes exclusive Ambassador Cover Plates (which won’t be available anywhere else), a charging cradle, and a set of Super Smash Bros. cover plates, too! If you'd like to purchase it, you only have until 23:59 (UK time) on January 12th 2015 to take advantage of this offer.

New Nintendo 3DS (White) which comes with an exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Back), New Nintendo 3DS stylus, 4 GB microSDHC memory card, AR Cards, Quick-Start Guide, Operations Manual.
Charging cradle (White).

Robin64

It's nice, but I'm after the XL version really. Really gonna miss the faceplates feature, but oh well.

Craft

Got one too, a bit to expensive for me at the moment, shouldn't have wasted my 10% off voucher on Amiibo's

Charging cradle (White).

Dilli666

It say's Ambassador - but I can't see any clear statement in their e-mail if you have to be an Ambassador from the past (non-XL 3DS pricedrop campaign).

Jethro

Got one, but would like to have different colour scheme than white.

Wonder when they will announce the release date, after January 12th?

Anyone in the UK got the email yet? Registering a 3DS on release day and then the XL along with a metric shitton of games should qualify me.

Yup, and it sounds like it might be the opportunity to buy one early too since it's not been officially announced yet for Europe.

Yes, just got it :D.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so nintendo direct on the 13th announcing a release by the end of January?

169 euros seems quite high though - £149? for the basic 3DS, not even the XL?

wrowa

That ambassador faceplate is ugly as fuck, seriously. The Smash Bros. one looks fine, though.

Anyway, I haven't got a mail and I hope it stays this way. :p I want the New XL, but I fear that this offer would make me get a small one now.

Bazry

I'd be tempted if there were more options, but I have no interest in a normal White New 3DS, especially at that price

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

IIRC, 169.99 is the current price for the OG 3DS (199.99 for 3DS XL). So...wait, is this a confirmation of New 3DS price in Europe, actually?

Hasney

Just seen mine. £179.99

lol screw it then. Was going to get it as a gift, but considering importing an XL from Australia only cost £10 more while even getting hit with import tax, I think I'll just grab one from there.

Received it today too.

Eh... I'll bite ! Apparently games are running better on this N3DS.

They're not running better performance wise. Screens are better colour, 3D works very well now and speakers are better. You won't see framerates or anything improve.

wrowa

169€ is the standard retail price for the 3DS. 189€ for the XL.

XaosWolf

No idea if there's some sort of prerequisite for this (I'm a 3DS ambassador still) but if its limited, then I'm happy to help someone out.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So did we ever get confirmation on whether or not the N3DS runs Pokemon better?

I got this email.

Is the New 3DS nicer in the hands than the regular 3DS? I kind of wanted to swap out for an XL while upgrading, but damn if I'm not tempted by this.

JoeM86

My account said "No newsletters" for some godawful reason. That'd be why I didn't get it, or the Tomodachi/Smash demo codes.

Hasney

No idea if there's some sort of prerequisite for this (I'm a 3DS ambassador still) but if its limited, then I'm happy to help someone out.

I'm not sure what their criteria is. I'm an ambassador and have almost every first party 3DS game registered, but no email.

Top Bottom