• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harmonix Surveying for New Rock Band Title

First we got new DLC for Rock Band and now Harmonix is sending out a survey to people on their newsletter for how they played previous Rock Band games and what they would want in a future title.

CzxpTfI.png

Please God allow backwards compatibility with new instruments.

At least on the Wii U, it's easy as hell. I got a nice Guitar Hero 5 guitar just sitting around.

bigkrev

Link to the Survey https://t.co/CxZgUQcFNi

They ask all the right questions (How many working instruments do you have and what are they? Do you care about single player? ect)

Only thing they miss is the pre-order question- they need an option of "I'll preorder it if the final song list is good"

udivision

I interpreted the thread title as if they were spacemen returning to a ruined and polluted earth they had created, searching for any signs that life was returning...

I'd absolutely love for all my DLC to carry over to Xbone along with being able to use my heavily customized Ion Rocker. If I can't have that, then the 360 just stays attached to the TV forever, not a huge deal.

If they did all that though, I would definitely be flinging money in their direction.

Neil_J_UK

tumblr_lsemkc0nwt1qetmqsst.gif

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I no longer have any working instruments, but would gladly buy a full new set (may have to find a GH guitar if they don't improve theirs, I wasn't a fan) if they do bring it out.

I need this so bad.

was that a swagbucks survey

I remember getting one for Sunset Overdrive and some Vampire vs wizards shooting game or something weird like that

Compatibility of existing DLC and hardware.

Please Harmonix. Please.

Yeah, these are the two biggest things that need to happen.
I'd also prefer a large on disc soundtrack compared to a free to play scenario, although I think there should be an option for both.

Hell, it'd be extremely unlikely, but it'd be great if they released a download version that you had to pay for at the price of a normal retail game, but instead of having a say 80 track list, you could pick your own 80 tracks. I assume it'd make online matchmaking a bit more awkward due to the fact that not everyone is guaranteed to have the same default songs (no idea if that's actually a problem on the current games, as I've never played online), but it'd stop people from complaining that the default song list is rubbish.

Belmire

As a PC exclusive gamer, I am willing to buy a Ps4 for Rockband. Please release the game and have our existing DLC move over. I love playing the Maiden / Rush / Police DLC on drums.

joeposh

YES YES YES

Just don't make me buy new instruments

Given that one of the questions is phrased along the lines of "assuming compatibility with your existing instruments, which of these would you be interested in", I think they're inclined to accommodate you.

Personally, I never upgraded beyond adding the keyboard and a pro guitar with 3, so I'd be inclined to pick up a whole new bundle if offered.

Definitely prioritized DLC compatibility, but am concerned that won't hold for cross platform (i.e. going from a 360 to a PS4). There's nowhere to note that, though that current platform data might help.

Rock Band 4 has been of when over if for a while now.

I just hope for hardware compatibility, DLC compatibility and a fuckload of new songs.

Zomba13

Even though I prefer games on the PS4, if they somehow got compatibility with hardware and previous DLC (whether or not that includes the song import/licence thing) then I'd grab it day one on Xbone.

I'd get a new Rock Band day one on anything though.

Can't find the button for Stage Kit Compatibility in that important features, send it back and do it again

THAT SAID, very exciting. I can guarantee that if say, I could use X360 instruments and DLC stuff on an Xbox One game, It'd determine that as my choice of console as my current-gen one. It's that big a deal to me.

Bgamer90

Banned

Thanks!

Here's my "most to least important" list:

1. Local Multiplayer
2. Compatibility of existing DLC
3. Compatibility of existing hardware
4. A large on-disc soundtrack
5. Ability to create/customize my own character
6. Regularly updated in-game events
7. Campaign mode
8. New weekly DLC
9. Venue variety
10. Competing with the world through leaderboards
11. Online multiplayer
12. Pro instruments & lessons

Xeroblade

They need to be able to take our dlc songs from lets say a xbox 360 and let us able to use them on a ps4. this is what needs to happen. Tie them to our accounts somehow. I really doubt thats possible. So then that means I will have to get a xbox one just for that!

They need to be able to take our dlc songs from lets say a xbox 360 and let us able to use them on a ps4. this is what needs to happen. Tie them to our accounts somehow. I really doubt thats possible. So then that means I will have to get a xbox one just for that!

Same situation here hahaha

Personally I don't want more Rock Band. I'm good.

Only part I ever enjoyed was the singing anyways, so I'd be happy with Singstar at this point.

Wozman23

I would be happier with Drum Hero. I don't miss the guitars at all, but god do I miss those shitty plastic drums.

That's all I play. I'd be fine with a drums only game.

Ideally, I'd want a PS4 release that I can port my PS3 DLC to, the return of weekly DLC, and a bundle with a new set of drums to replace my current less-than-perfect set.

I feel like the red tape surrounding licensing will make porting all the current DLC tough though.

Realistically, I'd be happy with anything new, and ecstatic if we could ever get a Rock Band: Rush.

The 360 was no doubt the better platform for the franchise, mainly due to RBN. So the karmic shift of Sony and Microsoft this generation will definitely add a degree of difficulty to the process. Maybe those years of being the red-headed step child will finally pay off.

OneTwoTee

Banned
I don't really care about DLC and hardware compatibility

because I know I won't be able to transfer from 360 to PS4 anyway :'(

bigkrev

Yeah, I put DLC compatibility pretty low on my list- I'm realistic and know that there is no way they can give me the songs I bought on 360 on PS4.

CS_Dan

This makes me so unreasonably excited. Booted RB3 back up the other day - as buggy and weird as that game is in places, it's still so good.

Really want to go back to my family's home and bust out the MIDI pro and my drums :(

delSai

Man Rockband was fucking amazing, i'm all in for a new one on current Gen consoles. Probably my favorite local Multiplayer Game of all time, had so much fun playing it with friends.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Filled out, though an option to show suggestion/support for a PC SKU would be nice. We have Rocksmith after all, I'd love to be able to have Harmonix on my platform of choice.

TaKeRx

OMG please make it happen!! I still play the game religiously and actually prefer the RB guitars than the les paul. The rickenbacker is the best one IMO.

It's depressing there's no "Just let me pay $20 and play the whole catalog for an evening", option. The music industry as a whole is getting away from song purchases. Let us stream our Rock Band.

CloudWolf

YES YES YES I NEED THIS

It's depressing there's no "Just let me pay $20 and play the whole catalog for an evening", option. The music industry as a whole is getting away from song purchases. Let us stream our Rock Band.
That's not really possible. Song licensing, charting and releasing a song for Rock Band was a process that took up months of development and a bunch of money. To let people stream the entire game for $20 bucks would result in a major money loss unless suddenly thousands upon thousands of people started playing the game. Nevermind the fact that it would make online play almost impossible because everybody would have to stream the same song at the same time.

Top Bottom