• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 has gone gold

You guys going digital or disc copy? I wanna play it at midnight but would rather prefer an actual disc. Decisions decisions.

I'll be going with a physical copy, as I do for most console titles.

I'm hoping to see some tv spots making their rounds beginning this week. Game deserves a decent mainstream marketing campaign.

Edit: So many improvements between those builds. Usually we see either minor improvements or even steps back due to targets missing the marks due to hardware or time restraints with many other games.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
IFDRBJs.gif

I have one issue with this. Which is I keep expecting his head to do this:

funny-game-glitch-shepard-head.gif

A pox on your house, Gaf.
The inertia of his head turning is terrifying for some reason. I'm not talking about Shepard. ._.

Hugstable

Banned
You guys going digital or disc copy? I wanna play it at midnight but would rather prefer an actual disc. Decisions decisions.

Going digital for sure

Really?? Wow.

Yeah ever since the new Generation of consoles have come out I've pretty much gone all digital on everything, PS4, Wii U, 3DS, Vita. It's just really nice to have any game possible to play at the push of a button, without having to change a disc or anything. Plus since I tend to buy alot of these games new, it's not like I'm paying much more than I would buying a new game retail, in fact it's actually cheaper for me since my state in the US doesn't charge me tax yet (I hope they never do, it's so amazing to just pay 59.99 for a game). And for someone like me, I used to have a really bad habit of wanting to trade a game in just to get another game (used to be bad before I had a steady income) and then I would end up regretting not having that game anymore at the moment.

So yeah I'm definitely going digital on The Order, and pretty much any game I buy in the future at this point. My PS4 is already stacked with tons of digital games to play at this point.

fritzo

I haven't decided yet myself. I like having the option of selling the game later on. But I've bought half of my PS4 games digitally. Gotta look at the reviews and replay value.

Also, digital games need to be able to be priced matched. If you wait long enough Amazon has great game sales. Digital games take awhile to drop down in price.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm really hoping that this ends up being a solid game and a must own exclusive. I bet it will be decent but fall short of must own.

Arondight

If yall don't mind answering, for those who have gone all digital so far this gen. What are your internet speeds?

I pretty much go full digital whether it's steam,origin or PSN. The only hard copies of a game I have are pretty much from the PS4 bundles.

4105919130.png

Stuck with 500 GB per month as well. Downloading from PSN is actually slower than this speed test by quite a bit.

The inertia of his head turning is terrifying for some reason. I'm not talking about Shepard. ._.

It looks a bit unnatural, but it is a minor complaint.

Quick question: Where are people getting all this new footage from?

Like that clip of the two guys talking on the air ship?

I haven't seen that stuff before.

I don't get it
Those numbers might be good (I was surprised too because this result was significantly higher than one that I had got before) but they won't be the same when tested with PSN servers. In fact, my PS4 took me ages to download The Last of Us, Far Cry 4, Infamous First Light and especially Battlefield 4. So yeah, I don't trust these numbers because they may vary after every test.

schaft0620

Those numbers might be good (I was surprised too because this result was significantly higher than one that I had got before) but they won't be the same when tested with PSN servers. In fact, my PS4 took me ages to download The Last of Us, Far Cry 4, Infamous First Light and especially Battlefield 4. So yeah, I don't trust these numbers because it may vary after every test.

because your bandwidth is not the bottleneck

4105907579.png

Now people will probably understand why I never go digital with any game, unless it is heavily discounted.

I don't get it. You have a decent download speed, and you don't buy digital games because your internet don't fast enough? I leave in Europe and have this:

And i'm buying all games except some collectors editions digital and have no problem with that.

because your bandwidth is not the bottleneck
Can you explain more? I always wonder why my PS4 doesn't have the same download speed as my computer although they are using the same network. I will be glad to switch to digital gaming immediately if my PSN download speed is decent and stable :)

I don't get it. You have a great download speed, and you don't buy digital games because your internet don't fast enough? I leave in Europe and have this:

And i'm buying all games except some collectors editions digital and have no problem with that.
I can totally go digital gaming even when my internet is slow. But I hate to spend a full game price and see my PS4 download that game for a extremely long time. Being able to play it on day 1 is the reason why I buy a new copy. If I buy a discounted or cheap digital game, I won't mind waiting.

schaft0620

Can you explain more? I always wonder why my PS4 doesn't have the same download speed as my computer although they are using the same network. I will be glad to switch to digital gaming immediately if my PSN download speed is decent and stable :)

Here are some things you can look into because your speed is great.

Do you have the PS4 to far from your WAP if wireless?
Do you have an old router?
Do you live with a bunch of people?
Do you have other crazy shit going on at a PC(s)?

And don't get me wrong I'm 95% physical because I want physical.

Here are some things you can look into because your speed is great.

Do you have the PS4 to far from your WAP if wireless?
Do you have an old router?
Do you live with a bunch of people?
Do you have other crazy shit going on at a PC(s)?

And don't get me wrong I'm 95% physical because I want physical.
Thanks for the advice, I will check all my stuffs again after I finish this post.

Holy shit! PSN test shows 6 mps download speed and 500kbps upload speed. I swear I didn't get any kind of numbers like this before :eek:

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
4106008019.png

I pay $54 a month for this. They (Frontier) keep trying to get me to switch to a higher DL plan but they no longer offer high upload speeds (I think 15mb is their cap now?).

35/35 is good enough for what I use it for. And great for digital gaming so until they force my hand I will stick with it ;P

We'll see how it works for PS4 when I buy my Bloodborne bundle and DL this game ;)

I can totally go digital gaming even when my internet is slow. But I hate to spend a full game price and see my PS4 download that game for a extremely long time. Being able to play it on day 1 is the reason why I buy a new copy. If I buy a discounted or cheap digital game, I won't mind waiting.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but is psn have a preload for almost every new games? If you want to play game day 1, just preorder and preload it, i always do that with Steam

Bubba77

Im 58 down and 40 up. Im 90% digital for my gaming. Only system I buy physical is WiiU or if theres a crazy deal on physical for xb1/ps4. I am a PC gamer first so I am quite used to the digital present/future.
4106028005.png

Top Bottom