• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 New Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentlemen, good evening. It is Hashino of persona team. Today, but I was allowed to publish a video game that had gotten impatient you, or would have been how? At the time of writing this comment, but still I only honest anxiety you do not know the reaction from you, "What next persona Kaito story (laughs)" "Moshiyaru ○ down?!", Etc., etc., warm and plunged I felt that if there is not rife ... and we have expectations. I'm glad if there were a part for me to like even a little. Now his will to challenge the fusion of "picaresque romance" and "school Juvenile" of life-size. In previous work, the villain that everyone afraid, but I drew the story going chasing from the standpoint of legitimate faction, from events, not high school students is stunning in this work, to "chased is" stand for justice that their think day-to-day you are going ... of such thrilling become, life-size characters who will draw as woven "Gakuen Juvenile". And well-behaved bad party members who just a little from the past, we have asked me advance development work if you can enjoy in the graphics and sound that has evolved ... in a team united. Our feelings to work now is all the more. This is the atlas work who can say something distinctive, but those that strength of personality would deviate from the general rules and norms ... there is also such a nuisance of image. But we think, the people of individuality, propagate in both good and bad by someone, by changing the thinking and behavior Maeru ... When Ariel also a force with such a possibility. In recent years, it might be the world feel something suffocation, as long as this world is made ​​up of the relationship between humans, what personality with the people of personality Toka populations, to "force" to break such a "sense of stagnation" can become even - such feelings is like can embody, I hope if Shiagare to work that remains in the mind of everyone ... and. As meet even a little to your expectations, development so we will work hard with team staff, thank you warm support of continued! (Everyone, such as Twitter and blogs, let me look into the comments from everyone I!) Katsura Hashino  (KATSURA HASHINO) "Persona 5" Director & Creative Producer

http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=244

Google translated of course

Bousf

This is getting 3 times the hype it would have got if it was still PS3-only......Bandai Namco should've have done the PS4 thing with Zestiria too :/

Social links were part of the reason P3 and P4 exploded in popularity, I'd be VERY surprised if they are gone. Like many other SMT mechanics they often get tweaked or renamed.

Shirke

Hot damn, this looks amazing. The trailer looks so slick and is oozing with style. Persona 5, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Final Fantasy 15 are bringing back console JRPGs!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What if the Velvet Room residents are baby Catherine and Katherine?
I had to do a double take at 1:57 because I thought it was Vincent for a moment, maybe a younger version. Then the idea ran across my mind this could somehow be a Catherine prequel of sorts at times.....but I doubt it unless they sneak him in via side-mission or something.

Part of me is glad this is coming to PS3, but DAMN this looks so great & stylish I want to get a PS4 (along with other games getting PS3 versions).

artsi

The latin words from the one shot with the cat:

Luxuria = Lust
Gula = Gluttony
Ira = Anger
Invidia = Envy
Superbia = Pride

So I assume the other two are Avaritia and Acedia (Greed / Sloth), basically the seven deadly sins seems to be a theme in this.

EDIT:

Also the word Cavum (Hollow) appears. Hmm.

VLk7s8t.jpg

Holy shit, that was a great trailer/intro. Digging the other character designs.

And, wow, platforming? Stealth? Band-of-thieves angle? Holy crap. Expectations exceeded.

I got huge Catherine vibes in the bar scene, especially since the blond guy looks like the blond guy in Catherine. Same print and everything.

Soma

okay i've watched this a bunch of times i think i can go to bed now

really love what's been shown so far. it's pretty much everything i can ask for.

- supposedly improved dungeon design
- urban setting
- slick menus/ui
- getting rid of palette swap shadow enemies and fighting demons/personas
- seemingly really entertaining cast of characters
- strong art and character designs

i'm so excited to see more from this and finally play it

mileS

Whoever does the menu design for these games deserves a lifetime achievement award.
Can't be said enough.
This is how you do a trailer. Hype levels critical. I knew I would be excited regardless, I know what the team is capable of, but this blew away my expectations x100000.

Amir0x

Banned
Image dump complete.

Man, it's not like it's a surprise we're making this visual leap to nice PS3-level graphics, but I still cannot believe how much I desired it (and I'm a graphics whore). It changes everything as far as I'm concerned, excitement was already stratospheric now it's like into the cosmos and flying past Jupiter.

persona4jumpnduvl.png

v.
persona6battle048bdl5.png

duckroll

Now that the site is actually working, it looks like they have a new blog post up: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=244

It's a message from Hashino and the dev team to fans. He talks about how Persona 5's main influences are School Juvenile fiction and Picaresque novels. Unlike previous Persona games where the players were clearly a team on the side of "good" going after a bad guy, this time they're trying for something a little different. The story is about high school students chasing after their own interpretation of "justice" after an unexpected incident. He hopes fans will enjoy the enhanced graphics and sound in the new entry as well as party members who might be a little more ill-mannered than before.

kiyoaki

please translate someone

I don't have the time right now and I'm sure some people are already typing away furiously at their translations anyway, but my main takeaway is this:
- they're aiming for a blend of "young adult high school" drama and "picaresque romantic" tales.
- in the previous installments, you were chasing evil. This time, you're the one being chased.

Japanese version, Day 1. (I think I said that already)

Asd202

Now that the site is actually working, it looks like they have a new blog post up: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=244

It's a message from Hashino and the dev team to fans. He talks about how Persona 5's main influences are School Juvenile fiction and Picaresque novels. Unlike previous Persona games where the players were clearly a team on the side of "good" going after a bad guy, this time they're trying for something a little different. The story is about high school students chasing after their own interpretation of "justice" after an unexpected incident. He hopes fans will enjoy the enhanced graphics and sound in the new entry as well as party members who might be a little more ill-mannered than before.

That sounds so goooooooooood.

WE VIGILANTES NOW.

Phatmac

Looks like no more social links and you fight your old persona like sandman in fights. Didn't see social links in the menu. Big changes holy crap.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
was Vincent in the trailer for a second or am I crazy?

Amir0x

Banned

PURE EVIL ENDING confirmed, will play as Satan.

Actually the whole concept sounds waaay more interesting from the start than Persona 4. They definitely hitting the right notes if they can make it suitably ambiguous and not like InFAMOUS "kill everyone and drink their blood" or "help an old lady cross the street" sort of morality :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom