• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

FyreWulff

Looks like I'll be joining the Xbox One crowd whenever Rock Band 4 comes out

yissssssssssssssssssss

all dlc and song exports available from all previous Rock Bands on the 360 and PS3, so it's sort of like the Rock Band Collection :v

Impala26

I was actually already planning to host something lol, but I'd love to!

Dude, you're probably the better host for such a thing, you saw how well my "HaloGAF plays Destiny" thing went. (Still wanna do that at SOME point still though, lol)

He said he was coming back when the patch dropped. Where are you?!

We might need a falconer and/or huntsman to find what wilds Clique resides in these days...

Is that a custom game marathon or something? If so I'm in :p

Indeed it is! Two to three hours of Halo: TCC customs goodness with HaloGAF

Looks like I'll be joining the Xbox One crowd whenever Rock Band 4 comes out

yissssssssssssssssssss

all dlc and song exports available from all previous Rock Bands on the 360 and PS3, so it's sort of like the Rock Band Collection :v

Was all sorts of excited when I found out about this today. Too bad my drum set is completely shot to hell... :-/

BigShow36

New patch did almost nothing it seems. I decided to be a shit and just nearly team kill everyone in the match. Everyone but me left the game.

People bail out of matches on MCC like crazy. I'm never touching multiplayer in halo again. Bye old friend.

Team kills everyone.

Complains about teammates leaving.

Akai__

New patch did almost nothing it seems. I decided to be a shit and just nearly team kill everyone in the match. Everyone but me left the game.

People bail out of matches on MCC like crazy. I'm never touching multiplayer in halo again. Bye old friend.

You are part of the fucking problem. I hope you get a bad reputation and are stuck with other people with bad reputations in any MP game...

El_Chino

So you decided to be a shit and then complain it's everyone else's fault.

Madness

Was the ADS really that bad for you? After my first H5 game I practically forgot it was there aside from the DMR.

Really don't understand the people so offended by something so trivial.

It's because they are trying to pander to a minority of gamers who have a mental issue where they need a gun visible on the screen for some reason. Despite the fact it makes zero sense from an established lore, story or game perspective, it's added solely to pander to fans who play other games, primarily Call of Duty.

It has provided zero advantages in terms of gameplay, and instead creates being spots or hinders total FoV on the screen. What Halo had before Halo 5 worked, and worked well. It would've been smarter to tweak classic/zoom for more visibility. But no, they wanted modernization and immersion which don't really make sense beyond, we want Halo to feel as much like Call of Duty while still playing very much like a Halo game.

Don't get me wrong, if I was in charge at 343 I'd do the same because I'd want to make as much money, get as many people to buy the game, make the cash and move on, but as a Halo fan, I'll always be against it.

RSB

Banned
No argument. They're terrible additions.
Yep.

Sprint is awful as usual. The map design suffers because of it, and Halo gameplay just works much better without it. And ADS? God, I hate that filth. If it was completely cosmetic and there was an option to use classic scopes I could accept it, but nope, apparently that's too much work for 343 (a circle in the middle of the screen is too hard, obviously)

But hey, gotta chase that modern shooter crowd, right? Including the option to use classic scopes is too risky. Can you imagine if a modern shooter fan (or even worse, a Metro UK reviewer) activated it by mistake? Pressing LT and not seeing the gun obstructing the middle of the screen would probably cause them an aneurysm. 343 can't take any chances, better to just not include the option at all.

Edit: Dude, don't you have any more gifs? I've seen you post that "going in circles" gif like 4 or 5 times already, and that's only in this thread. I know you liked Halo 5, and always get a little defensive when people rightfully critizice bullshit like sprint and ADS, but you don't always have to use the same gif, you know?

RBK

Banned
ever-feel-stuck-in-a-rut-going-in-circles-54821.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Cool. I think that's a pretty cool way to deal with it. What's your gamertag so I can play with a pretty cool guy?

Also, folks speculating on H5 content at PAX - it's the same code as the Beta, more or less, so don't expect anything new at PAX East.

Akai__

Cool. I think that's a pretty cool way to deal with it. What's your gamertag so I can play with a pretty cool guy?

Also, folks speculating on H5 content at PAX - it's the same code as the Beta, more or less, so don't expect anything new at PAX East.

lol

It's a trap!

Leyasu

Banned

Are we going to get another "beta" before release Stinkles?? The withdrawals are real! "I wants it"

So I'm playing Halo CE Anniversary for the first time, I can't stop switching between old and new graphics, I can't believe how big the difference is. Is the Halo 2 Anniversary graphical jump as dramatic?

BigShow36

If team killing made you guys work faster, this patch would have been done months ago.

HTupolev

So I'm playing Halo CE Anniversary for the first time, I can't stop switching between old and new graphics, I can't believe how big the difference is.
There's a huge style difference.

The classic graphics are also unfortunately a really bad port, not to mention the omission of the original audio.

ceclassiccompare.png

Is the Halo 2 Anniversary graphical jump as dramatic?
In some technical respects absolutely (it's oXbox->XB1 rather than oXbox->360 after all), but they don't diverge from the style of the original as much, and they tried to stick closer to the original geometry and visibility.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty annoyed with myself that I was totally uninterested in gaming while the Halo 5 beta was out. Now I'd love to play it, lol.

Akai__

Frankie, when you say "don't expect anything new", does that include campaign, aswell?

I mean, one campaign teaser/concept art picture doesn't hurt, right? :p

Madness

I'm pretty annoyed with myself that I was totally uninterested in gaming while the Halo 5 beta was out. Now I'd love to play it, lol.

Think of it this way, now you're more hyped for the actual launch, because you never got a taste of the Beta. It was definitely fun no doubt.

Also, Frankie, even though the "code" is the same more or less, meaning game play shown off would be the same as the Beta, you guys can/will talk about campaign, other MP stuff right?

Just played a Big Team Battle 3v7 because two people quit 1 minute into the game and the rest dropped over time. Now that matchmaking is starting to work I hope they consider implementing some quitter penalties.

The classic graphics are also unfortunately a really bad port, not to mention the omission of the original audio.

ceclassiccompare.png

In some technical respects absolutely (it's oXbox->XB1 rather than oXbox->360 after all), but they don't diverge from the style of the original as much, and they tried to stick closer to the original geometry and visibility.

I did notice first thing was the change in style, even changed the mood of the environment in some locations

-Ryn

Banned
Weirdly, ADS doesn't really bother me on any gun except pistols. Whenever a pistol has ADS and I try to aim it something just feels wrong. Like the game broke something in my brain so my shooting is off. Is that just me?

Maybe it'll be different since H5 still has a reticle on the Pistol scope but... ehhhhh.

img401.imageshack.us_img401_7936_notsureifserious.gif

Team kills everyone.

Complains about teammates leaving.

Logic=None.

You are part of the fucking problem. I hope you get a bad reputation and are stuck with other people with bad reputations in any MP game...

So you decided to be a shit and then complain it's everyone else's fault.

I'm like 96.52% sure that was a troll post guys. lol

-Ryn

Banned
Pistol ADS felt off to me, even worse than the DMR.

But again, I don't really use SS or Zoom regardless.
It certainly looks the part. DMR scope is obtrusive (which is lucky being fixed) but it doesn't bother me like the pistol does. I'm interested to try it for myself.

Pistol ADS zoom needed a definite increase.

It should AT LEAST zoom in as much as the AR, lol... come on now.
Especially when neither have actual scopes in the first place yet one has higher zoom (I'm assuming).

Doesn't make sense when you get right down to it.

dwells

Yet another peer hosted game of Halo 2 Classic that ended when I let the game. I'm having a hard time believing there's any dedicated servers at all for H2C.

Madness

Played a Snipers on Tombstone just now. One guy carried us with like 30+ kills, but I did get the final 50-49 game winning kill with a ninja from the back. H2 sniper feels much better than it was with the new patch.

JackHerer

Played a Snipers on Tombstone just now. One guy carried us with like 30+ kills, but I did get the final 50-49 game winning kill with a ninja from the back. H2 sniper feels much better than it was with the new patch.

H2 in general seems much better. Before this patch I avoided it like the plague because of all the hit-detection issues.

Afro

Yet another peer hosted game of Halo 2 Classic that ended when I let the game. I'm having a hard time believing there's any dedicated servers at all for H2C.

eafWT61.gif

"Fixed" is a strong word.

It's in roughly the state you'd expect a rushed port collection to be in at launch. The playlist and map settings are still bad, there are still numerous issues with the ports, and people are still having occasional glitchy experiences. But it is much better at finding games than it was.

This is a great way to describe it. Yes, now you can get games fairly consistently. It's still a bit of a mess, but at least we can play.

ceclassiccompare.png

I found CEA to be the worst looking of the bunch.
Sometimes the bloom/colours/filter effects/whatever it was, looked nauseating to me. Worse on some levels and not really noticeable on others.
I think it was the worst earlier on, in the first few missions with the bright+outdoor environments.

link1201

It was a blast. I can't wait to play again.

So just because we shouldn't expect something doesn't mean there isn't going to be something new.
I need something new, I really miss the beta. Loved the new ranking/ mm system

GrizzNKev

Banned
I sacrificed everything important in my life to the halo gods so I could play halo again and it worked

I might be alone now but at least I have Halo

Top Bottom