• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Round 2015 - Fighting Game Tournament - March 20th - 22nd

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Shit talk doesn't bother me in the least, I love it actually.

It's just that I've fought him so many times and we go pretty even, so when I see players that are FAR better than me fall victim to some of his bullshit it just makes me pull my hair out.

Edit: plus I have a huge clockwork boner.

dafuq? lol also, bullshit happens man, its part of the game.

FR is too big, Capcom won't do shit.

You don't realize that it isn't only Capcom sponsoring this event. Sony is as well. Someone is gonna get fucking cut up.

Champ was sent to losers through a dq.

Damdai would have made it out of pools through losers and Mago would have made it out of winners. Which means Itabashi would have had to play Mago which of course is a slightly better matchup for Itabashi.

So you see how this changes everything.

Those match up scenarios don't matter to me. They can happen or be looked like that in any randomized bracket if you want to. I have been moved around brackets from what they originally were before (way beforehand though) at tournaments. I never really looked at it like that with what ifs. I am not that good though, haha.

But Champ DQ'd for being late. That makes it extra wrong to me. If you gonna be lax, be lax with everybody!\

Don't get me wrong guys. It's wrong to not follow rules to the T and FR seems disorganized this year greatly. But I do think about the levels of wrong though.

Yams, nobody is "get fucking cut up." lol. What is that, haha.

He IS playing Marvel again, thing is that since his hiatus a lot of people have gotten a lot better. More people know the Morrigan match up. He doesn't get any free wins in pools/semis any more due to people rolling over against his team.

Like Marvel at FR had about 200 entrants which isn't as high as it once was but the quality play is way higher. The level of play is more dense... there are fewer matches you have to play but every one is a killer.

I watched pools of Marvel today after a while and everyone was fucking struggling. It was no shock that some of these players didn't even make it out of pools when once they could get top 8 at a major pretty easily.

I mean actually start practicing again and taking it seriously. Anytime the question of marvel would come up in any of his recent streams he would pretty much say he isn't playing marvel that much anymore. It seems like he is putting his effort into USF4 now especially for dat paypuh.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I mean actually start practicing again and taking it seriously. Anytime the question of marvel would come up in any of his recent streams he would pretty much say he isn't playing marvel that much anymore. It seems like he is putting his effort into USF4 now especially for dat paypuh.

The same thing that happened with Ken (melee) is happening to Chris, almost at a much faster pace. People got better and trained while Chris just stayed the same. I bet Justin could convincingly beat Chris now since he's been putting in the work while Chris hasn't for a while. Chris was getting punished a lot in the air for pressing buttons, probably mashing shell kick, and players capitalized on that.

Dahbomb

Well so is Justin, more of his focus is on USF4.

It's really only FChamp out of the "gods" who has his main focus on Marvel. I know Flocker is still a Marvel player but man is he out of form recently.

Aside from Justin being in losers that early.... these results weren't that surprising. The B tier players have finally stepped up their game to the point where the gods are sweating and it's a great thing. Since FChamp was the only god who kept his focus on Marvel, that's why he is the only god who made top 8 winners.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Man the first time I saw clockwork play his mvc2 team I was just stunned and amazed. Been rooting for the guy ever since. One of the only players that can make watching Vergil and Doom exciting.

I can't disagree with that, dude goes up and beyond with the team to the point where it looks like 20XX, not like Full Schedule though, man is a different breed of beast... The God-Eater.

Dahbomb

Marvel Top 8

Winners
Terry Bogard vs. Cloud805
FChamp vs FullSchedule

Losers
Paradigm
Jwong
Marvelo
Takumi
Exciting top 8. Lots of young bloods mixed with a couple of gods along with a solid Japanese player mixed in. Good character variety as well.

Morrigan (1), Dante (2), Strider (2), Vergil, Zero (2), Magneto (2), Phoenix (1), Doom (4), Viper (1), Amaterasu (1), Haggar (1), Arthur (1), Raccoon (1), Dormammu (1-2), Wolverine (1), Storm (1), Akuma (1), Nova (1)

How did yipes do in marvel oh wait who cares.

You guys weren't kidding thought the hate for filipino man on r/kappa is on some other shit.

honestly, marvelo's decision making is really bad from the fchamp match I saw today. I honestly think he would of lost 3-0 if fchamp wasn't stubborn and went dorm. Snap in strider and not deal with XF3 strider.

imo, fchamp/justin for marvel. Momochi or fuudo for SF4.

Marlinpie in GG only because I like marlinpie.

Dahbomb

Who's Terry Bogard again? I thought that was the french caster/commentator
Pretty big Xbox Live warrior, playing Marvel 3 since Vanilla. Made his big debut at Curley Mustache South and got 2nd place in it losing only to Flocker... when he had 3/5 stars handicap in the match LMAO! He plays Morrigan/Dante/Strider and probably one of the few players who has shown the potential of Morrigan without Missiles.

Dahbomb

top 8 w/ characters for all the games tomorrow? (lol)
USF4 Top 8

Winners bracket
EG|Momochi (Ken, Elena) vs. RZR|Xian (Gen, Elena)
Dieminion (Guile) vs. RZR|Fuudo (Fei Long)

Losers bracket
EMP|Hiro (M. Bison) vs. /r/Kappa|Kazunoko (Yun)
Snake Eyez (Zangief, Evil Ryu) vs. TS|Arturo Sanchez (Dhalsim)

UMVC3 Top 8

Winners bracket
- IG|FullSchedule (C. Viper, Dr. Doom, Amaterasu)
- Filipino Champ (Magneto, Dr. Doom, Phoenix)
- KIT|Cloud805 (Zero, Vergil, Dante)
- Terry Bogard (Dante, Morrigan, Strider)

Losers bracket
- UGC|Paradigm (Arthur, Rocket Raccoon, Haggar)
- BE|Takumi (Magneto, Dr. Doom, Vergil)
- EG|Justin Wong (Wolverine, Storm, Akuma)
- VS|Marvelo (Nova, Dr. Doom, Strider)

Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN — Top 8

Winners bracket
BlackSnake (Venom) vs. BT|MarlinPie (Zato-1)
/r/Kappa|Kazunoko (Sol) vs. FF|ElvenShadow

Losers bracket
Warren P vs. Kurumster (Millia)
Zinac vs. TS|NerdJosh (Elphelt)

Is ChrisG officially washed up?
Yes.

So are PRRog, Flocker, Daigo, Mago, Bonchan, Tokido, Infiltration and Dakou.

Top Bottom