• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: European Nintendo release dates leaked

Zalman

Just stumbled upon this. Here's the source.

Sans-titre20.png

JoeM86

I saw the June 26th date for Yoshi's Wooly World on a Czech site the other day and Splatoon's date matches the one the South African one (which revealed Splatoon amiibo and a Splatoon Squid amiibo + Splatoon bundle, and Greninja & Jigglypuff amiibo on the same day)

I am excite

phanphare

Banned
May 29 sounds about right for Splatoon. last Friday in May occupying that Mario Kart 8 slot.

(which revealed Splatoon amiibo and a Splatoon Squid amiibo + Splatoon bundle, and Greninja & Jigglypuff amiibo on the same day)

I am excite

dammit! I've avoided the amiibo plague so well up until now.....

georly

Wow, that kinda stinks to have all of our Feb/March games crammed into your may. :/ It's like they're setting themselves up for some of those games to sell less than they could. Oh well.

Zareka

Huh, I had no idea Code Name STEAM wasn't out in Europe yet. What's with Nintendo and the gaps between US and EU?

JoeM86

I can confirm this is on the press site.

Splatoon has been pushed back to July in Europe, so I assume this list is fake.

Why do you think that? Because an Amazon listed it as such? That is far from a confirmation.

May 29 sounds about right for Splatoon. last Friday in May occupying that Mario Kart 8 slot.

dammit! I've avoided the amiibo plague so well up until now.....

For what it's worth, that South African retailer listed the Kirby date as May 8th a couple of weeks before Nintendo did.

Muzy72

Banned
Nothing too shocking here, so it's probably real. IIRC Mario Kart 8 came out the last week of May, and Game & Wario, their last Wii U game that released in June, came out in the last week of the month as well.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
No XBX? It better be a fake...

XBX, Zelda and all remaining 2015 games all come out on 26th of June, it was already leaked by amazon.it.
/jk

This schedule seems quite probable and Splatoon's date in line with MK8's one from last year. It would be nice to finally have two month in a row with Nintendo releases on Wii U.

If this is true, Europe is getting P&D before US, ha ha.
Honestly though, Yoshi's Wooly World in June makes so much sense. So it is probably fake.

Edit: Joe confirmed this is actually on the press site. So it may actually be legit.

NotLiquid

Kirby release date is the biggest surprise. I expected it to be out by Fall.

29th for Splatoon sounds reasonable, so does Woolly World in June. Guess the latter will have one final E3 appearance.

JoeM86

29th for Splatoon sounds reasonable, so does Woolly World in June. Guess the latter will have one final E3 appearance.

Nintendo revealed the Kirby date earlier this month

Pan0u

I honestly didn't even know that the "new" release date for Splatoon came from Amazon, guys. I just read it so many times I thought it was official Sorry then.

L~A

Huh? But Nintendo announced that May 8th date for Kirby a few days ago.

Will take Kirby, Splatoon and Yoshi. Great summer for my Wii U. I still need to try the S.T.E.A.M demo before deciding on a purchase though.

No XBX? It better be a fake...

I'm honestly not expecting XBX before Christmas. At best I'd expect a late summer release.

There is a lot of competition right now for action RPGs with Bloodborne and soon with Witcher 3 so it doesn't make sense to rush it to the market in May, not to mention, it's a really large game, much more so than the original Xenoblade so there's probably too much content to translate for that to be viable.

XBX I think will be Q3 at the earliest if you want to be optimistic. It takes at least 3 months to dub and translate text. My guess is they will start localization after the Japan release. So I guess Mario Maker got pushed to Q3 as well. Padding out that release schedule!

Fake, NoE has to rename everything on there first.

- Yoshi and the World of Knitted Jumpers
- Logic Noggin Ticklers & Flying Wing Beasts Z + Logic Noggin Ticklers & Flying Wing Beasts: New Super Mario Bros. Edition
- Secret File for Nintendo 3DS: Strike Team Eliminating the Alien Meanies
- Inkling Kerfuffle

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Come on, Nintendo, announce the Direct and let the crazyness begin.

Oh man that P&D release date. How to kill Kirby (combine lukewarm US reception with game to eclipse it). Its not like there isn't a completely empty April to release it in...

Huh, I had no idea Code Name STEAM wasn't out in Europe yet. What's with Nintendo and the gaps between US and EU?
STEAM isn't out in Japan until May so the question should be why does America get it in March?

Drago

Yoshi in June, fuck yeah. I need that game badly and it bums me out we haven't seen anything new for it at all since E3. Barely making it for first half 2015.

Wish Splatoon was earlier than May 29th but I can't complain too much really.

XBX I think will be Q3 at the earliest if you want to be optimistic. It takes at least 3 months to dub and translate text. My guess is they will start localization after the Japan release. So I guess Mario Maker got pushed to Q3 as well. Padding out that release schedule!

iirc they already started the localization...

- Logic Noggin Ticklers & Flying Wing Beasts Z + Logic Noggin Ticklers & Flying Wing Beasts: New Super Mario Bros. Edition
- Inkling Kerfuffle

lmao

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
as I said in the Wii U 2015 games topic, I was veru harsh on NoE because of the Kirby delay, but if we will end up withi this first half:

Jan: Toad
Feb: 3DS loadout (N3ds, Zelda MM, MH4)
March: Mario Party 10, Mario vs DK, IE Go 2
April: Xeno3D (and Affordable space adventure on the eshop)
May: Steam, Kirby, Splatoon, Puzzle&Dragon
June: Yoshi

I'd be very happy. this would also leave space for a good paced second half of releases. Speaking of Wii U only, we could see Devil Third, Xeno, Starfox, Mario maker and Zelda in the incoming 6 months.

iirc they already started the localization...
Interesting, have not kept up with news. But yeah localization is not as simple as some people assume.
I'd be very happy. this would also leave space for a good paced second half of releases. Speaking of Wii U only, we could see Devil Third, Xeno, Starfox, Mario maker and Zelda in the incoming 6 months.
Yeah, I think all of those are definitely going to happen except maybe Zelda. That one may get Tropical Freezed, but I hope not.

Zeeman

- Inkling Kerfuffle

I would play Inkling Kerfuffle

flohen95

Germans and frenchmen dont wanna learn English so they translate games to more languages for EU I guess

Aside from the fact that English is a mandatory second language starting in 3rd grade in elementary school in Germany, Nintendo is probably the only publisher to only release a retail game if it supports the "Big 3" languages (EN, FR, DE). So yes, that may cause delay, but it's more often than that down to release timing, as you could see with Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, which was not only released a good chunk of time earlier in Europe than in the US, but also was translated into (correct me if I'm wrong) 6 languages, all of them with voice acting in the respective language, too.

Top Bottom