• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 gifs/Photoshops Thread

rvvlgo.jpg

mw2vbp.jpg

Raist

Banned
Septimus said:
OMG :lol :lol :lol This is gold. lol

Yeah, quite awesome. At some point, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but one guy says that maybe they renamed versus or something along these lines (quite hard to hear and english isn't my native language). Then the first image appears (with the huge landscape) and he goes "No they didn't!" :lol

Septimus

Haha yeah someone did say "Maybe they turned Versus into 14" and then it showed a lush landscape and he was like "Nope!" lol.

Woffls

Hmm, he's actually the only person wearing black! Dammit, maybe i should do a harder one.

Also, meh.
10905243.jpg

The appearance of the translator guy in the famous Execution on The Street photo represents the capacity for the bearing of witness to horror that is opened up underneath the contemporary digital economy. By superimposing the graphic violence of the execution with the nonchalance of the translator guy, the artist has spoken through to the core of the witness-act. "Who am I to stop this tragedy?", he seems to be saying. Understood as a triggering of historical discourses, the translator guy figures as a equivocator rather than bystander. The complex political force of the notepad gives up none of its ambiguity.

Photoshop File, .jpg format
$20,000

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Des0lar said:
Nice how they don't mention NeoGaf with a single word.
Eds Note: Apologies for not linking to the sites where these PhotoShops originated as they're not on the Japanese site we're sourcing. Links to them in the comments below would be appreciated. — Looks like a big chunk of them are from GAF. Read the whole thread. It's amazing.

?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Des0lar said:
They were sourcing a Japanese site who had gotten their pictures from GAF, but they edited the very last line to add a link to this thread.
EDIT: late. Also, "a big chunk" is a pretty polite way to say "all of them".

le.phat

Whimsical Phil said:
Screenshots that aren't about videogames are called "photographs."

English isn't my native language. I'm sure you're response would be have been both intelligent and well thought out if my botched english hadn't gotten in the way of me making a point. Such a shame.

CTLance

Des0lar said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't get them off neogaf, but some other site (imageboards like 4chan come to mind, nobody sources their images on those things).

Edit: Holy crap, I'm way lttp on this one.

le.phat said:
English isn't my native language. I'm sure you're response would be have been both intelligent and well thought out if my botched english hadn't gotten in the way of me making a point. Such a shame.
I'm trying to help here... so please don't take offence.

In your second sentence you use "you're" which means "you are" (the apostrophe replaces the a), the word you were looking for was "your" which is used for relating something to someone (possession / ownership of).

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/your

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Psychotext said:
I'm trying to help here... so please don't take offence.

In your second sentence you use "you're" which means "you are" (the apostrophe replaces the a), the word you were looking for was "your" which is used for relating something to someone (possession / ownership of).

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/your
Many native English speakers also make this mistake pretty often.

Top Bottom