• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlStrong

In Fullscreen and FRAPS reports constant 120FPS. It actually looks much smoother.

Pretty sure fraps doesn't work on videos because they're outputting the exact encoded frames per second. You need something that detects unique frames like digital foundry or NX gamer use.

Didn't see this posted yet, but here are the LE and CE.

CHrrOk0UAAEedEI.jpg:large

CHrrV1MVEAI5qft.jpg:large
I think it was posted either last page or a few pages ago.

m23

I don't know how I feel about this early access stuff. Halo 5 is doing it and so is Forza 6 and only if you buy the most expensive option. If the game is done and ready to release give it to the people who paid for it, even if they didn't shell out for the special collectors complete edition. Obviously I'm talking about digital versions.

Akai__

Does FRAPS work on videos? That would be new news for me...

That seems like the time the previous Sprint episode had came out. Anyway, thats too late for me. Well. Will be watched with my breakfast.

Pretty sure fraps doesn't work on videos because they're outputting the exact encoded frames per second. You need something that detects unique frames like digital foundry or NX gamer use.

It works great, it's just reporting a measurement other than the one you're interested in.

:D

Weird, because I have multiple video files that are 60, 48 and 30FPS and they are all reporting the right number in FRAPS. Nevermind then. lol

Mix

So will custom games have the ability to be 8v8 or more at launch? Or will that functionality just be absent until the work is done in the BTB stuff?

Impala26

I'm probably going to buy the Taken King retail release. Better late than never to see what everyone has literally spent hundreds of hours grinding away at. I just hope that with the new release there is an influx of players willing to still run VoG, Crota etc.

There are a few of us that still run them. Me and Impala try to get something going every so often.

We do indeed still play from time to time. I still think Vault of Glass is arguably the best content of this game. It doesn't get old to me, and I love teaching people who aren't familiar with it how it works.

Gringo, thinks there's any credence to Ghazzi's rumor of a "Director's Cut" of Vault of Glass and Crota coming down the pike?

I'm probably going to buy the Taken King retail release. Better late than never to see what everyone has literally spent hundreds of hours grinding away at. I just hope that with the new release there is an influx of players willing to still run VoG, Crota etc.

I'll never stop running VoG. It's so much fun.

Madness

Man Gears feels like riding a bike all over again. Forgot how silly rolling with the shotty is though. Can easily turn do a 4v1 and come on top with some quick rolls, couple shots of gnasher, active reload and take off while they chase you.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I don't know how I feel about this early access stuff. Halo 5 is doing it and so is Forza 6 and only if you buy the most expensive option. If the game is done and ready to release give it to the people who paid for it, even if they didn't shell out for the special collectors complete edition. Obviously I'm talking about digital versions.

You can't play before the 27th, just install.

I really hope the flood are in Halo 5....With the new movement capabilities in the game, they could really ramp up the speed and intensity of the flood in a way that's chaotically terrifying again.

Imagine sprinting away from a horde and having to thrust in and out of groups all the while jumping and clambering to higher surfaces in order to fend them off you.

I LOVE THE LIBRARY

AlStrong

While it looks even better at 60fps, the overall image quality could use a lot of work.
Yeah, the shiny bits and transparencies are a bit too obvious. Oh well.

I assume they're still working on things, and this demo could be a fairly old build too. *shrug*

Weird, because I have multiple video files that are 60, 48 and 30FPS and they are all reporting the right number in FRAPS. Nevermind then. lol

It works great, it's just reporting a measurement other than the one you're interested in.

I did go through frame by frame for some of it, and it does look pretty solid with the Unik 'Framamees. Black barred stuff was definitely half-rate.

I really hope the flood are in Halo 5....With the new movement capabilities in the game, they could really ramp up the speed and intensity of the flood in a way that's chaotically terrifying again.

Imagine sprinting away from a horde and having to thrust in and out of groups all the while jumping and clambering to higher surfaces in order to fend them off you.

I LOVE THE LIBRARY

ME TOO

Fuchsdh

Only thing that bothers me about the new Prometheans is the resemblance they have to Ultron. :)

I know a lot of people dislike the floaty bits and stuff, but I think partially what I like about the designs is that they feel like there were once biological armor that essentially had the people ripped out of them. You could see how what's there could form over a living Forerunner, akin to how the Didact's armor sort of fused and unfurled.

I wonder what they'd look like (and if people reacted better to them) if they were fused via obvious hard light like the Forerunner light bridges we seen in all the games.

Mix

MP only or are Brutes in the game?

They habe been saying, that the LCE ships one week before the other editions.
But I reserved it at the retailer. Will they ship it to me instead of getting it at the store like we always do with our LE's?

dwells

I just can't get into the Prometheans at all. Not a fan of the lore, look, or gameplay with them.

Not a fan of the Brutes, either. Maybe I just hate change, or maybe space gorillas just felt too campy for me.

Is it wrong that I want a Halo game where master chief truly becomes a rogue and fights humans? I mean I guess it could happen in Halo 5, but I want to fight soldiers, Spartans, the works. The only covenant I enjoy fighting is the elites; grunts and jackals kind of bore me. Maybe it's just because we've fought the covenant in every Halo game ever.

Zoolader

I just can't get into the Prometheans at all. Not a fan of the lore, look, or gameplay with them.

Not a fan of the Brutes, either. Maybe I just hate change, or maybe space gorillas just felt too campy for me.

But space gorillas have choppers! I thought the brutes in H3 helped flesh out the game and were a fun enemy to fight.

Is it wrong that I want a Halo game where master chief truly becomes a rogue and fights humans? I mean I guess it could happen in Halo 5, but I want to fight soldiers, Spartans, the works. The only covenant I enjoy fighting is the elites; grunts and jackals kind of bore me. Maybe it's just because we've fought the covenant in every Halo game ever.

He kills some humans during the events of #huntthetruth. Halo 5 opens before this happens in-canon so it's possible we'll play that out or see it happen via cinematics
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom