• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V final box art (A Hideo Kojima Game/Kojima Productions removed)

19674147655_444bce2f07_o.png
19674149725_8044613534_o.png

19053206553_a2c58d08fe_o.png
19647942126_3ec98fccbf_o.png

Thanks to Shin-Ra!

Original box art:

side note: I wish publishers would stop with this day one nonsense. it just adds some boring DLC in most cases and ruins the box art. Put a sticker or something instead.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kojima must've smashed the CEO's wife or husband or something. Some next level deletion of existence going on.

I am wondering if I should support this game or not. Kojima and his team will not be effected if it sold poorly,but Konami will. I might end up buying it used.

Defcon_2Fast4u

Neo Member
It is upsetting to see it go.
I am still not a fan of the cover art. Was hoping for a little bit more. Ground Zeroes wasn't all that great either. I ended up using the other end.

Maybe when the game's out someone can shop "A Hideo Kojima Game" back on the box. Or maybe Tora would be so kind as to provide the full art so we could have it ready for launch? ;)

Betty

Banned
So bizarre, the group will be liquidated anyway, why go the seemingly vindictive group of erasing their logo and name from the last game they'll ever make, a game they spent so many years making?

soultron

Banned
It's OK, someone will have a printable high res PDF cover restoring honour and glory in the OT, I'm sure.

The rest of us will be over here, shrugging.

udivision

The MGS overlapping the "Phantom Pain" only worked when the missing chunks teased the MGS name. Now they're just... overlapping in an ugly way.

I am tired of the term Day One this gen. Especially when it takes place of Hideo Kojima's spot on the cover.

McDougles

There was absolutely no way of knowing this kind of thing would happen. This will adversely affect my gameplay experience in effect.

Konami might be a bad games company at this present time.

So what content did they cut from the day not one edition?

DLC Items:
Adam-ska Special Handgun
Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver)
Cardboard Box (Wetland)
Fatigues (Blue Urban Snake Costume)
Metal Gear Online XP Boost

(GameStop lists the map, but I believe that is included in all versions of the game!)

morikaze

Banned
So bizarre, the group will be liquidated anyway, why go the seemingly vindictive group of erasing their logo and name from the last game they'll ever make, a game they spent so many years making?

So when the inevitable MGS6 releases certain people will not realize the absence of Hideo Kojima's involvement.

Ehh... I really don't care if Kojima's name is on the front or not. I've always found it to be very self indulgent even back in the PS2 era.

Honestly the worst part of the box art, and a terrible trend in recent box art, is the whole day one banner crap. Seriously, it's so tacky. It screams thanks for buying this game at full price!

StoneFox

Sure Konami, put the engine logo on the cover, but not the logo of the people who actually used the engine to make the game. That would be silly.

Tabris

Man Konami is making it really hard for me to want to purchase this due to being huge douchebags about this whole thing.

It's OK to move on and go your own ways, but he was the creator of this series. No harm in having Directed by Hideo Kojima on the front.

Mengetsu

I will support the game because Kojima has worked so hard on it along with his team...I say to anyone doubtful about buying it don't be. Kojima and his team want us all to enjoy the hard work they have done for us the fans. We know who made it and Kojima knows as well they will be very grateful for it. Just remember that it will be the last bit of money the company will ever see from you after the fact.

Top Bottom