• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC Season 2 Finals Plagued with Issues - Numerous Disconnects Mid-Match

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I've only seen compilations of Halo esports, but is the bomb arm mode the main event game mode?

God dammit. I went through the trouble of recording a 2 minute search of MCC attempting to find BTB players (with still no match found) only for the guy to get banned.

wtzgU.gif

BradC00

I've only seen compilations of Halo esports, but is the bomb arm mode the main event game mode?

they rotate game types. for example the first of the best of 5 was multi-flag CTF. then the next game would be slayer, etc. IIRC they keep the same set of game types per round, then change it each round.

BTW, people claiming this is worse than DC... You should've played Dragon Ball Xenoverse at launch.

That WAS fucked up beyond MCC and DC.

At least, MCC allowed to play single player without issues.

Brannon

Ouch, he was a junior, too. That's gonna hurt.

Can't help to think that if he just posted a twitch stream that would've been far more helpful. Oh well.

Post dat footage :p

wonder if Dice will be able to top this fuckfest with battlefronts broken launch

they were the undisputed kings of launching half finished broken ass games before MCC.

Time to reclaim the throne

No, just no.

Even today it crashes, runs like crap and fails to unlock achievements.

That's not even mentioning the problems that occur when you try to co-op...

Yeah, but you got ODST, a $5 DLC, free if you bought and played MCC before Christmas. Did you think about that?

Seriously though, this is getting beyond infuriating. It's like this generation, everyone forgot how to properly QA things. However, it is beyond ridiculous to require an online connection for local LAN play.

Ah well, maybe next time there won't be issues?

No, just no.

Even today it crashes, runs like crap and fails to unlock achievements.

That's not even mentioning the problems that occur when you try to co-op...

I was able to complete Halo CE and half of Halo 2 AE without issues on the first week of launch.

Then I begun to play other games and forgot about it.

This week I started from where I left it and played straight till half of Halo 4's campaig with absolutely no issues, including ODST.

To me, as a single player game, MCC is perfect.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Wait I thought MCC was fixed./sarcasm.

Speaking of MCC though we ever gonna get another patch 343? Still waiting. Would love some campaign fixes like the lighting issues in 3 and ODST.

I was able to complete Halo CE and half of Halo 2 AE without issues on the first week of launch.

Then I begun to play other games and forgot about it.

This week I started from where I left it and played straight till half of Halo 4's campaig with absolutely no issues, including ODST.

To me, as a single player game, MCC is perfect.

It's a pretty good single player collection but it's still not flawless.

If I were a big fan of achievements, I'd be pretty frustrated with MCC. I've had a number of achievements refuse to unlock. And I don't think they ever will. I've also had a number of audio glitches and I've lost mid-level save progress many, many times.

Even as a purely single player experience, MCC has a bunch of issues that should have been fixed months ago. I still really like the game, but it's been a somewhat frustrating experience for me....and I don't play online at all.

It's a pretty good single player collection but it's still not flawless.

If I were a big fan of achievements, I'd be pretty frustrated with MCC. I've had a number of achievements refuse to unlock. And I don't think they ever will. I've also had a number of audio glitches and I've lost mid-level save progress many, many times.

Even as a purely single player experience, MCC has a bunch of issues that should have been fixed months ago. I still really like the game, but it's been a somewhat frustrating experience for me....and I don't play online at all.

Well, I play games for what they are, and dont give a shit about achievements really. They're nice, but not something I care if they're broken.

A part of me really wants to get MCC when I grab an Xbone but the other part says the 360 games all work fine still.

I'll probably buy it for the gamerscore (hides)

I have said this before and I'll say it again, they should issue refunds to everyone who bought the game. It's still broken.

ask for a refund and you will probably get it. I got a refund for my digital purchase. Bought it again later on sale. This was in February btw so it was not just at launch.

Sydle

Live went down in the middle of the tournament. MCC had and has issues, but this was not one of them. It was unfortunate but ultimately out of our control.

Could it be avoided in the future by patching out the online requirement for LAN?

Is there a plan to fix this game 100% or has 343 given up on it. Please know I and most people I know are not buying H5 because of this.

Yep, H5 is the first in the series where I won't be there day one because I am taking a wait and see approach.

Live went down in the middle of the tournament. MCC had and has issues, but this was not one of them. It was unfortunate but ultimately out of our control.

Is there a plan to fix this game 100% or has 343 given up on it. Please know I and most people I know are not buying H5 because of this.

Vire

I mean you could not require a LIVE connection for LAN play, no?..

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Literally your entire post history, with the exception of a single complaint about auto crouch on Assasins Creed, is complaints about Halo. Maybe it's just not for you.

I have said this before and I'll say it again, they should issue refunds to everyone who bought the game. It's still broken.

I still cannot believe the gall MS and 343i had to actually bundle this with new consoles.

Even after knowing full well it was broken.

Literally your entire post history, with the exception of a single complaint about auto crouch on Assasins Creed, is complaints about Halo. Maybe it's just not for you.

So no then.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Consider for a second that the complaints are because of what 343 has done to Halo, not Halo itself...

DrkSage

Wasn't there an avatar bet going on with this game were the deadline was that the game must be fixed before Halo 5 releases?

Edit: also, thanks sauerkraut for the lols.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really don't understand how a competitive game that is played for money doesn't run on LAN but it's all whatever at this point.

While that dude wasn't exactly tactful, I'm interested in knowing whether there will be further patches going forward as well.

I don't post much but that was a punt on my question if I ever saw one. I love Halo, I don't like when its broken.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Not literally, I saw posts in the Destiny thread and about adding XBO sticks to a DS4.

Stinkles

Consider for a second that the complaints are because of what 343 has done to Halo, not Halo itself...

That's literally his only subject. You're not a fan, but you're not monomaniacal either.

There's little I can do in this thread except absorb vitriol. The issues during the tournament were not MCC issues, they were network conditions out of our control, and they were resolved eventually. It sucks and I'm sorry people had a poor experience.

Welfare

I'm sorry but that was just dodging the question. I and many other players would like to know about the future of this game.

Yes he completely fucked up when asking, but the question is still there.

Stinkles

I'm sorry but that was just dodging the question. I and many other players would like to know about the future of this game.

The game still has some issues and we continue to work on them, including some back end fixes last week. There will be further improvements, code fixes and tweaks.

I can't imagine how bad this must all be for people who really enjoy Halo's multiplayer. I mainly got it for the single player which only really had saving issues so it was worth the money for me in that respect, but bloody hell! Still having multiplayer issues 8 months after launch? That has to be a new record for a major AAA release.

Top Bottom