• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In a curious development, was Professor Layton just leaked for Smash 4 DLC? [Rumor]

Back in July a troll edited the IMDB page for Smash 4 to include Layton's voice actor on it. Some people tweeted him, but he replied it was fake and he wasn't in the game.

But today he tweets those same questions back again saying he is in Smash after a recent recording.

BSbrxL2.jpg

UPDATE:
CNHq4pXW8AA-Pp9.jpg

Neoxon

I'm not sure if Christopher Robin Miller would be as flat-out about this if Professor Layton was actually in Smash.

Really odd choice if this is all true. Professor Layton isn't quite on the same level as Pac-Man, Sonic or Ryu as far as impact or popularity goes.

He's the biggest third party character on Nintendo systems for years, and could have a very good moveset. I'd be down for this, honestly.

Neoxon

Really odd choice if this is all true. Professor Layton isn't quite on the same level as Pac-Man, Sonic or Ryu as far as impact or popularity goes.
Though at the same time, Level-5 is buddy-buddy with Nintendo on the level of Sega, Capcom, & Bandai Namco (maybe even more so).

Galang

Banned
Phoenix Wright would have been awesome instead, but I guess it's fair Capcom doesn't get another rep for now. Although imo Capcom has the most deserving third party reps to be in Smash

Rich!

I would say Layton is significantly more recognisable for the general gamer than most characters in Smash.

The Layton series was fucking HUGE on the DS. I worked in retail at the time and the first three games or so were consistently sold out.

Do you play Smash? As a Wright fan, would this get you into it, if not?

I play smash casually. Just with friends or when I go to the local arcade and occasionally on my 3DS (No WiiU for me) Layton wouldn't really be a big draw for me personally (I not a big fan of his series), I think Layton kinda lacks personality but has a certain charm to him. I can see why some would want him.

Holy fucking shit, please be real! If the Professor is revealed I'll go nuts.

This is a fan account, guys. There's still hope!
Damn, and I thought Nintendo of Florida was legit.

I play smash casually. Just with friends or when I go to the local arcade and occasionally on my 3DS (No WiiU for me) Layton wouldn't really be a big draw for me personally (I not a big fan of his series), I think Layton kinda lacks personality but has a certain charm to him. I can see why some would want him.
Ah. Are you going for SFV? Miss our long sets.

Yeah, same with Lucas, Pit, R.O.B., Roy, and Shulk, right?

Those are first party characters, though. Having non-Nintendo third party characters in what is primary a Nintendo crossover game is naturally a much bigger deal, and thus, every third party character we've had, from Pac-Man to even Solid Snake, are notable gaming icons in their own right.

I would say Layton is significantly more recognisable for the general gamer than most characters in Smash.

The Layton series was fucking HUGE on the DS. I worked in retail at the time and the first three games or so were consistently sold out.

The series has sold 15 million, which is pretty impressive, but I don't know. I never quite saw him on the same level as someone like Sonic or Ryu.

I will say, I think he's a better choice than someone like Bayonetta or Travis Touchdown.

Oh snap. I usually don't jump on smash rumors and instead watch the madness from far away, but boooooy. Boooooy! My boy Hershal!

Won't believe it until we see something in game, but would be really happy if it were true

I just have a hard time believing a va would be so lose about this you'd think smash would have tons of nda's

Layton is ultra popular in Europe though. He would be a great rep for them honestly.

Damn, and I thought Nintendo of Florida was legit.

Ah. Are you going for SFV? Miss our long sets.

I only casually played SF4 but I fully intended to get knee deep in SF5 for sure. The only obstacle is that I also fully plan on going full force in Uncharted 4 Multi as well and I think they have the possibility of releasing at the same time. I will definitely invest in SF5.

Eh, Wright is better but I'd take Layton over most choices except an indie character.

Just seems kinda odd considering the franchise is dead and Yokai Watch makes moe sense at this point. Then again, if Nintendo asks for anyone, everyone not named Konami would immiediatly say yes lol.

I'm all for it just for more third parties since I feel first parties have been exhausted of all major choices except for Ridley, KRool, and Dixie. With the first two seemingly having no chance.

Wonder if theres a plan to revive the series or maybe Nintendo buying it. Still need to play the 3DS games.

Top Bottom