• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK9039

tDXwZIY.gif

MouldyK

Watching Egoraptor play the game on Twitch and Suzy, his wife, was like "You should cosplay as Snake this year for Halloween"...if only she knew...

He told her she should cosplay as Quiet...the Words and Deeds of the Game Grumps fanbase would be immense if that happened.

And he just did the Metal Gear Awesome voice and much like David Hayter...it sounds worse with age. xD

SkylineRKR

Seen the Paz scene just now. Mind was actually blown. Because I never really read anything about it, but also this was actually spoilt in footage.

So she's real. They actually took the bomb out, Medic has come to V.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
Another thing to note is that if we all remember MGS2 got delay because of 9/11 and the scene with Arsenal Gear crashing into lower Manhattan.

Through the cassette tapes we find out were Zero's location is which is Hells Kitchen in Manhattan.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I couldn't believe Kojima did this scene when I saw it. Ridiculous.

The water fight is cute, albeit dumb, but everything else is almost reprehensibly bad.
Literally every complaint about the design was validated, seriously it's way worse than I had anticipated as well. More on the gameplay side, S-Rank walkthroughs are being uploaded. I won't watch them myself since I wanna earn the S-ranks, but this guy is pretty good.

MouldyK

By Saturday we'll be seeing a bunch of new people in here.

As far as this 9/11 thing goes, I can only hope that if that it's true it's not too cringe worthy.

This is Kojima we're talking about.

It'll be handled as cringey as everything else.

EDIT: Wait! Punching people on Mother Base improves Staff Morale?! What sort of job is this?!

This is Kojima we're talking about.

It'll be handled as cringey as everything else.

I'll keep my expectations in check.

Any theories on what the potential plot point could be? The A.I's organizing 9/11 to put America on the path of warring with the Middle East? I do recall 9/11 being mentioned in the text crawl.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I wonder if the title of MGS: Ground Zeroes was foreshadowing any of this.

Oh my god.

Guys. New York is the Patriot AI's center, according to MGS2/Solidus.

This is all a simulation. Since MGS2 ended, all the games have been all a big simulation.

That's what the orange bars mean. Notice even when Quiet gets tortured, the screen glitches, as if we are going to get disconnected.

Didn't Kojima say he would do something in this game that might force him to quit? People thought it was killing child soldiers. I doubt it's the V/BB thing.

LordCanti

I'm to believe that they didn't have time or the budget to get that ending for Eli into the game but that there's some sort of secret content unlock on the 11th? I don't think so, but I'm willing to be ashamed of my words and deeds later.

Liquid could certainly have done it in terms of the timeline (MGS is 2005 right) and he would have done it if the patriots had a base there (Zero had front buildings we now know.... so why not two gigantic front buildings). Having said that, I don't think it's happening so why worry about it.

Given that the game seems to have been stripped free of most of the child soldier-ing and graphic waterboarding I doubt we'll ever see a, uh, 9/11 mission of all things.

There does appear to be a lot missing from the story of this game though, be it hidden in some crazy corner of the actual release or lying on the cutting room floor due to budget cuts or input from higher-ups. That Eli stuff seems like weirdly vital content to leave out without a damn good reason.

Who knows at this point. For all I know MGSV is frog fractions 2 and Kojima is going to sneak into Konami's server room at night and deploy a guerilla story patch.

So right before the truth I went back to mother base and code talker was speaking some cryptic stuff to you right as you get off the helicopter. As I was leaving, I noticed his character was on top of one of the towers next to the flag on the command center platform.

Anyone know what he's doing there or approached him? I tried going right back but he was gone then.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It can't have anything to do with 9/11 itself.

I think it's about Solidus. Eli might find a "father figure" in Solidus, he hates Cipher, add to this how Solidus was in Africa and recruited child soldiers and all, is this a hint of what might have been planned to be a sequel to MGSV? Solidus recruits Liquid and other kids, young Raiden would be there too, but Liquid goes by the name Eli so Jack would never know who he had frequented really (plus his memory is fuzzy anyway). Can you imagine a game where we play as Solidus and have Eli on our side?

That being said, this ending still didn't make it any more logical that V couldn't be BB.

edit: Again when Paz suffers the screen glitches. This is all VR. Maybe MGSV means... Metal Gear Solid: Virtual

It can't have anything to do with 9/11 itself.

I think it's about Solidus. Eli might find a "father figure" in Solidus, he hates Cipher, add to this how Solidus was in Africa and recruited child soldiers and all, is this a hint of what might have been planned to be a sequel to MGSV? Solidus recruits Liquid and other kids, young Raiden would be there too, but Liquid goes by the name Eli so Jack would never know who he had frequented really (plus his memory is fuzzy anyway). Can you imagine a game where we play as Solidus and have Eli on our side?

That being said, this ending still didn't make it any more logical that V couldn't be BB.

edit: Again when Paz suffers the screen glitches. This is all VR. Maybe MGSV means... Metal Gear Solid: Virtual

With how Solidus has been treated after MGS2, I'd have more faith in this 9/11 story than him ever having another critical part in MGS lore.

LordCanti

So she was a ghost after all? Then how could Big Boss 2 interact with her and the others like Ocelot see her? Also if tehy were hit by a rocket from anotehr chopper, then how could her second removed bomb explode on her? This is complete nonsense.

I guess he just hallucinated the other people seeing her as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom