• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niks

On a ainsi pu apprendre que le jeu possèdera bien un cycle jour/nuit et qu'il sera -enfin- possible de courir sous la pluie. De même, une gestion de l'usure des pneus sera au programme. Une dégradation qui variera en fonction de la qualité du pilotage et de la montée en température des gommes. Il sera ainsi possible d'optimiser ses trains de pneus et sa conduite en étudiant les graphiques des courses, expliqués en détails dans la vidéo

Barycentre said:
Day/Night cycle confirmed (?!)
Also, there will be rain, and tire management

True Megaton if true!??

AndyD

aka andydumi
Barycentre said:

On a ainsi pu apprendre que le jeu possèdera bien un cycle jour/nuit et qu'il sera -enfin- possible de courir sous la pluie. De même, une gestion de l'usure des pneus sera au programme. Une dégradation qui variera en fonction de la qualité du pilotage et de la montée en température des gommes. Il sera ainsi possible d'optimiser ses trains de pneus et sa conduite en étudiant les graphiques des courses, expliqués en détails dans la vidéo

- the game posesses a a day/night cycle and its finally possible to race in the rain.
- tire usage is in, and it varies based on the quality of the driving and also the temperature of the rubber. They showed off details of tire management in the video and you can examine the tracks to optimize your tire setup and sets.

Quick translation there. If you guys have more I can do more, but I cant watch videos now.

noah111

Still Alive
Just wondering -and I know this is probably the least of everyones concerns- but is that GT Citroen car going to be in GT5? It's just so fucking beautiful IMO.

Citroen+GranTurismo+Concept+(9).jpg

citroen_gt_5.jpg

citroen_gt_gran_turismo_images_2.jpg

Watching the report now, and wow is the rain/day/night cycle stuff is true.

BeeDog

AndyD said:
- the game posesses a a day/night cycle and its finally possible to race in the rain.
- tire usage is in, and it varies based on the quality of the driving and also the temperature of the rubber. They showed off details of tire management in the video and you can examine the tracks to optimize your tire setup and sets.

Quick translation there. If you guys have more I can do more, but I cant watch videos now.

Is the site really credible? It's strange that they're the only ones "confirming", or rather, mentioning this stuff at all.

Mets39

bud said:

Yup :D

"Si c'est juste pour jouer en course ou tout simplement rouler, le jeu est terminé. En revanche, si on veut aller au bout de l'expérience, je dirais que nous en sommes à 65%."

If you just want to drive, the game is done. However, if we want to make "the true experience" (not an accurate translation, i need help there :p) i would say that we are at 65% (read completion of the game)

Sentry said:
Just wondering -and I know this is probably the least of everyones concerns- but is that GT Citroen car going to be in GT5? It's just so fucking beautiful IMO.

[IG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JzUx44lr8WA/SOWj4Zm_RxI/AAAAAAAAFkw/j5rvV1ZvxgE/s400/Citroen+GranTurismo+Concept+(9).jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://concept-supercars.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/citroen_gt_5.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://nerdwithswag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/citroen_gt_gran_turismo_images_2.jpg[/IMG]

Yes.

Niks

AndyD said:

Holy. Shit.
Endurance races ftw.

Sentry said:

Watching the report now, and wow is the rain/day/night cycle stuff is true.

It already is in GT5P.

citroen-gt-en-el-gra-2w.jpg

citroen-gt-en-el-gra-1w.jpg

Goldrusher

http://www.jvn.com/jeux/articles/interview-gran-turismo-5-r-eacute-v-eacute-lations-exclusives.html

Day-night cycle is in.
Rain is in.
Tire wear is in.
Tire temperature is in. (mentioned in the video)

>> Is there still a chance for a Christmas release ?
To answer your question, it's not delayed. We never officially announced it for 2009. But I understand you're dissappointed.

>> How far is the game ?
The game is finished if all you want to do is take a car and drive. But for the actual game experience, we're at 65%

>> I tried the demo, the cars don't fully deform. Not even when crashing really hard.
We're still working on that. We still have a lot of work to do in that department.

>> What about online ? Will there be race events like in Prologue ?
Prologue worked like an open match. In GT5, there will be private zones for your friends.

>> Will there be more series other than NASCAR and GT500* What about F1 ?
I have always wanted as much championships in the game as possible. That's why we now have Nascar and WRC. But I want all of them.
It's difficult to get all the F1 teams.

>> What about other single seaters ?
Possible.

>> Have you seen Forza 3 ? What do you think of the game ? Have you played it ? Did you take notes or stay focused on GT ?
Our challenge is to improve every GT based on the previous release. But competition is good.

>> Earlier I saw an interesting G-force graphic. Will that be in the final game ?
Do you want it in ?

>> Yes
Then I'll leave it in.​

* Super GT

Relyt

Barycentre said:
http://www.jvn.com/jeux/articles/interview-gran-turismo-5-r-eacute-v-eacute-lations-exclusives.html

Just below the video
I don't know if it's official, but that's what is written on the website :D

There's something interesting about a little ingame graph shown in the video.

http://translate.google.com/transla...s-exclusives.html&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0=

This graph represents the lateral and longitudinal G. The more the car accelerates and it will go down in the chart, the more you brake hard, the more you go up, and the car will grip side and we'll go on the sides. To fully use the grip, it must succeed in having a half-circle on top and half a smaller circle on the bottom. And if ever you find yourself with a triangle, it means you are not using the car well. It uses what we (the pilots) to see if the balance of the car is correct and if in flight, using the maximum potential of the car. It is a graphics allows us to see if it is effective or not.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BeeDog said:
Is the site really credible? It's strange that they're the only ones "confirming", or rather, mentioning this stuff at all.
Well there's a video with an exclusive interview with Kaz, so...GOLDRUSHER HELP US!

edit: I mean the video, not the webpage. :p

>> Earlier I saw an interesting G-force graphic. Will that be in the final game ?
Do you want it in ?

>> Yes
Then I'll leave it in.

:lol

Sentry said:
I know, but does that mean it'll be in GT5 100%? I'm a newb with these kind of things.

It's 100% in. It's even featured in the E3 GT5 trailer.

Mets39

Goldrusher said:

To answer your question, it's not delayed. We never officially announced it for 2009. But I understand you're dissappointed.

>> How far is the game ?
The game is finished if all you want to do is take a car and drive. But for the actual game experience, we're at 65%

>> I tried the demo, the cars don't fully deform. Not even when crashing really hard.
We're still working on that. We still have a lot of work to do in that department.

Prologue worked like an open match. In GT5, there will be private zones for your friends.

I have always wanted as much championships in the game as possible. That's why we now have Nascar and WRC. But I want all of them.

Possible.

>> Have you seen Forza 3 ? What do you think of the game ? Have you played it ? Did you take notes or stay focused on GT ?
Our challenge is to improve every GT based on the previous release. But competition is good.

Do you want it in ?

>> Yes
Then I'll leave it in.​

* no idea what he's talking about

:lol :lol J'aurai même pas dû essayé :p

NeoUltima

Amazing new screens
ashbash159 said:
"9:00 Only a few weeks of development left. Not much longer."

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?
Delay due to FFXIII confirmed :/

GoWIII March 31st. FFXIII out either early March or late April I assume, so I'm not expecting GT5 until late April/May at the earliest...

Goldrusher said:

>> How far is the game ?

Possible.

Do you want it in ?

>> Yes
Then I'll leave it in.​

MEGATON!!!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Found some more on that site:

B.T. Où en est le développement du jeu actuellement ?

Kazunori Yamauchi : Si c'est juste pour jouer en course ou tout simplement rouler, le jeu est terminé. En revanche, si on veut aller au bout de l'expérience, je dirais que nous en sommes à 65%.

B.T. J'ai pu essayer la démo hier. On s'est aperçu que les dégats étaient présents mais que ce n'est pas encore tout à fait réaliste du fait que les voitures ne se détériorent pas complètement quand on tape très fort.

Kazunori Yamauchi : Nous sommes encore en cours de développement et effectivement, il nous reste beaucoup de travail sur cet aspect du jeu.

B.T. On a beaucoup parlé du jeu en ligne. Est-ce qu'il y aura beaucoup de changements entre GT5 Prologue et Gran Turismo 5 ? Comme par exemple des courses en ligne à intervalles réguliers ?

Kazunori Yamauchi : La grande différence entre Prologue et GT5 c'est que Prologue fonctionne comme un open match. Tout le monde peut rentrer et jouer ensemble. Dans GT5, il y aura une zone réservée où vous pourrez inviter les personnes de votre choix ou vos amis. C'est la grande différence entre les deux jeux.

B.T. Parmi toutes les nouveautés, on a aperçu la Nascar, le GT 500, est-ce qu'on aura aussi droit à la F1 ?

Kazunori Yamauchi : Je souhaite depuis toujours qu'il y ait un maximum de championnats et de catégories dans Gran Turismo. C'est la raison pour laquelle nous avons un accord avec la Nascar et le WRC dans GT. Mais mon souhait est bien évidemment d'intégrer l'ensemble des disciplines dans Gran Turismo. Malheureusement, il est très difficile de mettre toutes les équipes de F1.

B.T. Est-ce qu'il pourrait y avoir un jour d'autres monoplaces qui intègreraient le jeu ?

Kazunori Yamauchi : Oui, ce serait bien possible...

B.T. Est-ce que vous avez vu Forza 3 récemment ? Qu'est-ce que vous pensez du jeu ? Y avez-vous déjà joué ? En fait, est-ce que vous y prêtez attention ou vous restez concentré sur Gran Turismo ?

Kazunori Yamauchi : Notre challenge est d'améliorer chaque fois les nouveaux GT par rapport aux anciens jeux. Mais plus il y a de compétition et de concurrence dans le domaine des jeux de course, plus je considère que l'arrivée d'autres jeux est quelque chose de bien.

B.T. Tout à l'heure j'ai vu le jeu tourner, et j'ai vu un petit graphique qui est très intéressant en tant que pilote parce qu'on l'utilise beaucoup en étant professionnel. Est-ce que vous pouvez nous en dire plus ? Est-ce qu'il sera dans le jeu ?

Kazunori Yamauchi : Vous pourrez soit l'enlever soit le laisser dans le jeu final. Et toi lequel préférerais-tu ?

B.T. Personnellement je préférerais qu'il reste.

Kazunori Yamauchi : Dans ce cas, je le laisserai...

Explications de Benoit Tréluyer : Ce graphique représente les G latéraux et longitudinaux. Plus la voiture accélère et plus on ira bas dans le graphique, plus on freine fort, plus on ira haut, et plus la voiture aura de grip latéral et plus on ira sur les côtés. Pour utiliser parfaitement le grip, il faut réussir à avoir un demi-cercle sur le haut et un demi-cercle plus petit sur le bas. Et si jamais on se retrouve avec un triangle, ça veut dire qu'on n'utilise pas bien la voiture. C'est ce qu'on utilise nous (les pilotes) pour savoir si la balance de la voiture est correcte et si en pilotage, on utilise le maximum du potentiel de la voiture. C'est un des graphiques qui nous permet de voir si on est efficace ou pas.
Translating now, will edit when done.
Quick rundown
- game is mostly ready as far as content it seems (ready to race on a basic course today), but 65% of the "experience" only.
- still tweaking the damage model, where they are workign hardest now.
- GT5 has a friends/invitees only area, probably for MP.
- WRC and Nascar in, but F1 difficult to get in there with all teams. He wants as many "championships" in as possible.
- on Forza, he said GT improves with every iteration and he looks at both old GTs and competition and fan's sugegstions and desires. He thinks competition is good and other games in the genre are a good thing.
- G force meter is optional and available. Helps balancing the car and setting it up.

Beat by Goldrusher. No need for a detailed translation I guess unless someone wants a detailed question.

Me too :(

Fuck Codemasters and their shitty F1 game. As long as they have Brawn GP I'll be some what happy.

Niks

Goldrusher said:

Probably talking about Japanese Super GT cars.

Looks like the TGS Blowout is 4 days late! :lol

From the GAF backlash to reworshipping Kazunori Am God once again :D

Nice to know PD is nailing down the checklist of features that people have been wanting(most, not all :p)

Keep the info coming guys!

jett

D-Member
Suspect that the proper interview mentions nothing of rain or day/night transition. I just don't wanna get my hopes up. :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
AndyD said:

Pitstop II pwned!

edit: If its drivable now, why is the game framework the bit thats not complete? You could
1) knock up some basic career shit pretty quickly and
b) do it in fucking parallel with the rest of the physics/AI/graphics.

Still too much confusion - we need Sony to properly kick off the marketing with *information*

Tiberius

Goldrusher

Niks said:
Probably talking about Japanese Super GT cars.
You're 100% correct. I was rushing through both the interview and the video - was is 90% the exact same thing - and got confused because the answer was about Nascar and WRC.

But the guy interviewing - Benoit Tréluyer - won that GT500 / Super GT championship.
He also did Le Mans for Pescarolo. And he was very impressed by the G-force meter. Very precise, very professional and a very useful tool, he said. You need to keep the forces in a certain range, to maximize grip.

Finally, certain segments in the video were blurred and/or cut.
New tracks ? New effects ? New cars ? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom