• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Information Thread | March 9, 2010 NA/EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nirolak said:
ra5.jpg

You know, I have to disagree here. Lightning is quite appealing.

As is her personality. Does the dev team seriously only find meek squeaky girls appealing? I prefer quite the opposite.

Me too. Fang is hot because she looks like she has teeth.

Kagari said:
Looks like the earliest we might see Versus XIII footage is E3.
The test they showed at TGS wasn't for the public.

Agito - full multi-player battles shown at TGS. Hard difficulty level.
Seems there will be short missions similar to what Crisis Core did.

A lot of stuff in the interview is repeated from TGS, heh.

Fuck...

Kagari said:
Some more bits on Versus XIII:

Noctis rides a motorcycle.

The system is like a combined classic Final Fantasy style and Kingdom Hearts style.
Nomura says the game is unbelievable looking and he thought it wasn't possible.
From internal previews, animation and graphics look realistic.
And again, new video as early as E3.

Of course he does.

Kagari said:
What did you expect? It's a handheld game and short missions are perfect for that pick up and play aspect.

And that is why console RPGs>handheld RPGs (at least in design priorities).

Those missions better have at least some variation unlike in CC.

Kagari said:
What did you expect? It's a handheld game and short missions are perfect for that pick up and play aspect.

You are completely right, i should not have expected anything differently, but it still disappoints me.

Awntawn

Kagari said:
Full details:

・FF13インタビュー
 鳥山
 ・ファングはライトニングより強くスノウより男勝り
 ・(ほかに主要キャラは?)FFおなじみのあの人(笑)
 ・バハムートは特定の属性は決まっていない
 ・バハムートはエアリアルレイパーというコンセプトで圧倒的な機動力と豪快な攻撃で
  敵を打ち上げ空中でつるしたまま大暴れする
 ・サッズの召喚獣は女性。ノリノリで戦う
 ・パルムポルムが結晶化してるのはシヴァとスノウがある人とド派手に戦った結果

FF13 Interview
Toriyama
- Fang is physically stronger the Lightning and more strong-willed than Snow.
- (Other main characters?) An FF mainstay (laughs) coughCidcough
- Bahamut's element is not specified
- Conceptually, Bahamut's style can be considered "Aerial Raver" (probably referring to the 2d fighting game style) in which using great mobility and power, he launches opponents into the air and juggles the shit out of them.
- Sazh's summon is female. She has fun while fighting casually.
- Palmpolm (location in trailers?) is crystallized because a battle between Snow + Shiva and a certain other individual took place previously.

野村
 ・ファングはシナリオができる前は男性だった
 ・女性にするということで差別化を図るためライトニングの色気を消してファングの色気を出した
 ・自分は武器にはかかわっていない
 ・13は召喚獣だけでなく武器も変形するのがコンセプトのようですね
 ・声優の最終ジャッジは鳥山が決めた
 ・サッズはアフロのうえに帽子をかぶっている予定だった
Nomura (FFXIII)
- Before the scenario was complete, Fang was a male character.
- After making her female, in order to avoid too much similarities with Lightning, they made Lightning less sexy and Fang more sexy. Damn you Fang!
- (Nomura himself?) has nothing to do with character weapons. ambiguous Japanese pronouns ftl
- For FFXIII, transforming weapons are also a key concept as well as summons.
- Ultimate decisions for voice casting was up to Toriyama.
- Sazh was originally intended to wear a hat over his afro.

・ディシディア
 野村
 ・DDFFはお祭りっぽい熱のある盛り上がり方だった
 ・反応も大きく作ってよかった
 ・DDFFUTにも口出ししてるが基本は高橋に任せた
 ・DDFFUTの盛り上がり次第で次の展開を考える
 ・続編は現在検討中とだけいっておく。もしだすならカイン、ギルガメッシュはだしたい
 ・続編にKHのキャラを出す気はない
 ・ライトニングよりサッズをだしたいかも
Dissidia... What's going on here? sorry someone else is gonna have to take over for this one D;
・FFヴェルサス13
 野村
 ・TGSで出したのは検証用映像で白く輝く人は実際にはいないし
  ベヒーモスもテクスチャ張ってない状態だった
 ・(超巨大なモンスターは)あれもどれだけ大きい敵が出せるかというテスト
 ・(本当にあんな敵と戦えるのか想像もつかないが?)たぶん想像できないと思う
  自分でも「本当にこんなことできるのか?」ということをやろうとしている
 ・プレイスタイルとしてはKHの延長にカテゴリーは近いがFFらしい懐かしさと新しいものが融合している
 ・なかでもレベルデザインを最重要で考えている
 ・画面の右下にノクトの表情が出るウインドウはテスト段階のものだが
  常に画面内にPTメンバーがうつってると臨場感がないのでやめるつもり
 ・仲間が別々に動いているときそのウインドウで状況を把握するためのテスト
 ・海外のFPSのように仲間が勝手に行動してもお互いが連携している感覚をめざしている
 ・キャラの衣装はぜすべて左右非対称
 ・ノクトはネックレスやピアスはつけていない。物語上右手にはめる指輪だけが唯一の装飾品
 ・指輪は重要なもので左手は半指タイプのグローブをはめている
 ・ノクトはバイクに乗るかも
 ・ムービーとリアルタイムを寸分違わずみせるためブーツのシワなどこだわりをもってつくっている
 ・テストでない詳細な映像公開は来年から徐々に公開、早くてE3
Versus
Nomura
- Footage at TGS was for internal previewing purposes, so there's not actually a character that is shimmering white, it just didn't have textures. Behemoth was also displaying without textures.
- (w/ regard to the ginormous monsters seen in the trailers) they were testing to see the limit of how big the monsters could be. I guess they're referring to hardware testing
- (Q: Can we really fight enemies like that? It's hard to imagine) I can see how it's hard to imagine. Even I'm wondering if it can be done, which is why we're trying to do it.
- Playstyle can be categorized as an extension of the Kingdom Hearts system, but we're trying to make it feel like the nostalgia of traditional FF mixed with something new.
- Heavy focus on level design.
- Experimenting with having a portrait window of Noct at the bottom right so that you can see his emotions all of the time, but when the other party members are on the screen it feels weird, so we're probably going to remove this.
- Window idea was brought up because they wanted it to be a way to understand what your other party members are doing on their own
- Aiming for the type of buddy A.I. such as in western FPSs, where they act on their own but you get the feeling that they're teammates working in unison with you.
- All clothing is asymmetrical
- Noct doesn't wear a necklace or earrings, the ring he wears on his right hand (which is story related) is his only accessory.
- The ring is important, so on his left hand he wears an open fingered glove.
- Noct maybe rides a bike. I imagine not the kind that nigga stole
- In order to make it difficult to tell the difference between pre-rendered CG and real-time footage, they pay attention to the most minute details down to the wrinkles in boots.
- Stuff that wasn't in the test will be revealed bit by bit next year, perhaps as early as E3
・FFアギト
 ・TGSでみせたマルチプレイがほぼ正式なバトル画面
 ・現状では難度が高い
 ・バトル中にショートミッションがどんどん介入してくるのがアギトの特徴
 ・それを受けるか受けないかは自分で判断。制限時間内に答えないとすべてを受領してしまう
 ・来年から活発に動くのでおたのしみに
Agito
- The multiplayer shown at TGS was mostly legitimate battle footage
- Very difficult at the moment
- Constantly updating the battle with new short missions is a key point to Agito
- Up to you to decide whether or not to accept the new objectives. If you don't respond within a certain amount of time, it will assume you accepted them.
- Next year is the year to start looking forward to stuff. Media blitzing like this year was XIII's year, I imagine

imtehman

Banned
Kagari said:
Some more bits on Versus XIII:

Noctis rides a motorcycle.
The system is like a combined classic Final Fantasy style and Kingdom Hearts style.
Nomura says the game is unbelievable looking and he thought it wasn't possible.
From internal previews, animation and graphics look realistic.
And again, new video as early as E3.

the hype train begins.

FFvXIII will be the best looking game EVAR, regardless if its true or not, without any proof to back it up.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
imtehman said:
the hype train begins.

FFvXIII will be the best looking game EVAR, regardless if its true or not, without any proof to back it up.

It's easily my most anticipated game of forever.

imtehman said:
the hype train begins.

I'm on...that quote is now plastered on my mind

Definitely seems like they are taking a bit of a more creative approach with the game. Hopefully you can still switch between characters during battles...

imtehman said:
the hype train begins.

And the cycle continues. Let's hope that doesn't take another 4 years.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
cosmicblizzard said:

Why would it take that long when Versus started development around the same time as XIII.

Kagari said:
Why would it take that long when Versus started development around the same time as XIII.

It wouldn't, it was just a bad joke at Square only being able to deliver a great gaming experience every 4 years. The development time of XIII has really messed up their credibility when it comes to developing games of that budget. I expect the game to be out late 2010/early 2011.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
cosmicblizzard said:
I imagine the actual time FFXIII was in full production was probably less than 4 years.

They mentioned a few times that what took so long was "getting all the systems in place", which I'm assuming is their way of saying the engine and tools weren't done enough to get stuff done quickly.

If they can actually jump straight into full production after XIII goes gold, 18 months isn't an unreasonable finishing time. Being able to jump straight into full production is a large assumption though.

Edit: Nevermind, you weren't serious. :lol

MrDenny

In a previous interview, didn't Nomura say development will be a lot faster than you think since the team understood the hardware better from helping on FFXIII?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
MrDenny said:
In a previous interview, didn't Nomura say development will be a lot faster than you think since the team understood the hardware better from helping on FFXIII?

He did. He also said as of TGS that members from the XIII team have joined the Versus team.

Xux

So, after the awesomeness that is FFXIII comes out, we're gonna be assaulted with more awesomeness from FFvXIII and FFaXIII?

Jeeze, it's like a neverending flow of awesome. Between these games, FFXII, and FFXIV, SE sures seems to be on a win streak.

Bahumuts design would be fine, if he was supposed to be some kind of mechanized pigeon or some such... he looked far more badass in FFX, however...why are they making summons looks so puny in this game, in comparison with previous iterations?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Batman design in order IMO:

kwdvbpyWV.jpg

CFUTuXZUJ.jpg

lKeRvfToF.jpg

Road

I kinda wish FFXIII bombs so SE rethinks where they're going with their design choices...

Kagari said:
Looks like the earliest we might see Versus XIII footage is E3.
I see what they did there...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Those are just genius.

duckroll

Kagari said:
I don't like it either, but if it gets the job done...

What's that supposed to mean? Bahamut's job in every FF is to be a fucking cool summon which people can go "WOW IT'S BAHAMUT" at. If the only reactions he's getting in FFXIII is "lol this is pure shit" then he might as well not be in the game. He's FIRED! :(

lorddarkflare said:
Wait, does this mean that hotness is the reason why i dislike Lightning so much (other than the collar, the pouch and the 'skirt')?

I don't know why but Lightning seems special. Maybe because I liked Cloud's personality so much. She's more than a female Cloud to me. There's alot of personality to be revealed with her, some emotional stuff and I think that will change some people's opinion of her

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
duckroll said:
What's that supposed to mean? Bahamut's job in every FF is to be a fucking cool summon which people can go "WOW IT'S BAHAMUT" at. If the only reactions he's getting in FFXIII is "lol this is pure shit" then he might as well not be in the game. He's FIRED! :(

Maybe his attacks look cool... lol.

duckroll said:
I don't see how that will change the fact that Bahamut looks like shit. :lol
Maybe there'll be more summons and more than one Bahamut or Bahamut will change in appearance or something?

Alright, I got nothing. We don't even know if the finishing moves change in appearance as they level up.

jett

D-Member
I looked at the scans, came here and was a little confused about all the Bahamut talk.

So THAT is Bahamut? :lol Seems like Squeenix ran out of ideas when it came to designing his driving mode.

duckroll said:

I just don't understand what the fuck his G. Mode is. Is it like a hovercraft...I'm so confused >.<

jett said:
So THAT is Bahamut? :lol Seems like Squeenix ran out of ideas when it came to designing his driving mode.

Surprised? It falls right in line with some of the other crappy driving more transformations.

duckroll

TheChillyAcademic said:
I just don't understand what the fuck his G. Mode is. Is it like a hovercraft...I'm so confused >.<

It's a flying dragon, in a world where flying dragons look like hovercrafts with wings and claws. :(

Oh for crying out loud SE, how can FFXIII already be a finished product while the Versus team doesn't even have a trailer they can show to the public until "maybe" E3? WTH have they been doing the past three years, just making CG?

If Versus follows the same predictable marketing schedule as FFXIII, don't expect to see the game released (in Japan) until middle or late 2011 at the earliest, if E3 2010 is indeed when Versus begins its public "unveiling".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom