• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mushihimesama announced for Steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOME-MIST

I think they're pretty close in difficulty. mushi maniac was actually a harder 1CC for me than futari maniac and the original modes are pretty spot on. I can't judge myself, but I'd almost say mushi ultra is more difficult too due to the lack of activity on the high score boards (in comparison to futari ultra).

danmaku

That's a surprise. I haven't played Mushi but was under the impression it is harder than Mushi Futari. That said, I have only beat Futari BL, 1.5 seems harder. (Original mode only, no idea of the harder modes.)

Black Label in general is easier than 1.5, unless you're going for super high scores. Futari 1.5 seems more or less like Mushihimesama to me in terms of difficulty.

Shane

The tops. Missed this news. Only reason I kept my 360 unboxed was if I fancied some Cave action. Hopefully more to follow.

Coda

Hope this is a good port. I got rid of my 360 and I give miss playing Cave shmups for that system from time to time. I still get my PS2 Espgaluda fix when I need it but I'm missing the Mushihimesama love.

Tain

The way they updated the "For use only in Japan" text is so adorable to me:

yXERWaW.png

BOTEC

The way they updated the "For use only in Japan" text is so adorable to me:

http://i.imgur.com/yXERWaW.png?1[img][/QUOTE]

That's clever. I like it. I might just jump in on this despite zero interest, just to support The Jam.

epmode

For the handful of people that care, I think this game is going to max out at 1080p. Someone from the development team told me via PM that Cave would have to completely redraw the game to support 1440p (my native resolution).

This seems a little hard to believe but I'm no graphics programmer and I don't know what kind of restrictions they're dealing with when it comes to source code.

It's pretty disappointing though. Non-native video doesn't look very good on my monitor.

Tain

For the handful of people that care, I think this game is going to max out at 1080p. Someone from the development team told me via PM that Cave would have to completely redraw the game to support 1440p (my native resolution).

This seems a little hard to believe but I'm no graphics programmer and I don't know what kind of restrictions they're dealing with when it comes to source code.

It's pretty disappointing though. Non-native video doesn't look very good on my monitor.

Can't you do GPU-based scaling?

shaowebb

Game is looking great. They're still dialing in the slowdown time. Nice pun with the buggy thing too BTW. I went in looking for glitches filled with dread only to see perfection and realize that "oh hey thats right its a game filled with insects" was the deal.

So used to games having goofy ports I reflexively assumed the worst instead of a pun lol.

conman

The tops. Missed this news. Only reason I kept my 360 unboxed was if I fancied some Cave action. Hopefully more to follow.
My situation exactly. Missed this news until today. And I also kept a handful of imported Cave titles for 360 (sold my other games), but if this presages more to come, I can finally get rid of my clunky 360 and stash the old Cave boxes. I'd much much rather play them on Steam.

epmode

Can't you do GPU-based scaling?

Yeah. It tends to introduce blurring that wouldn't be present at native resolution though. I suppose it's not as big a deal with 2D games.

(Emulators can scale to my native resolution very nicely so I was hoping for the same with the Cave ports)

@MUWANdo

Banned

The reason this version is "Mushihimesama HD" and not just Mushihimesama is because they redid a lot of the pre-rendered sprites at 4x the arcade resolution whenn they made the X360 port, so by "completely redraw the game" he means they don't want to go back and re-render all those assets again at even higher resolutions.

Beyond that, 1080p max is a common limitation of these low-profile X360 ports because the demand/expectation for arbitrary resolution support doesn't seem to have filtered through just yet. I really hope someone at Degica is impressing the demand for resolution options past 1080p for these games, as well as vsync and whatever else was missing from the other ones.

Momentary

Banned
I guess they weren't kidding about the early November thing.

When it was first announced they made it seem like it was going to be late December.

Wonko_C

Loving how they took the extra-step and stylized the romanized title instead of leaving the Japanese characters and just putting bare-bones subtitles below. Wishlisted!

yop

Fantastic news to have a date, I love Futari and it'll be great to have the opportunity to play the original soon with the hope of more to follow.

shaowebb

The bullet patterns are so beautiful in this game. Its part of the reason it stands out so much in memory for me as one of the best. Hope they put Ibara, Progear, and Ketsui out at some point because those are hard to get. Any Cave is good Cave though!

I asked on Steam and it was confirmed Mushihimesama will cost $20, $15 during it launch period and will include tate and controller support as well.

mushihimesama-price-tate-640x159.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom