• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Off Screen Images

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tashi0106 spotted this first. =)

Official Response:
Microsoft's said it doesn't comment on rumors or speculation.

• MLG forums have now removed the Reach Leak Pictures thread from the forums.
  • Bungie.net forums has been dishing out bans wholesale for even mentioning the Reach Leak Pictures.

Gameplay Details:

Campaign
Elites - Better than monkeys!
Privacy - potential drop in, drop out co-op multiplayer

Weapons:
New Needler-based Heavy Weapon - Looks like a Covenant version of the Spartan Laser!
BR - It's back with a new look!
AR - Same old, MLG favourite!
Needler - Now with more pink!
Laser - Red eye again!

Update:

BTW, ToM MoReLLo has provided even more new information.

ToM MoReLLo said:
these pics are VERY recent. As in taken this week recent. and no bungie employees have it at home as I heard someone post if anyone wanted to play you have to play here. I played on November 1st...

I'm almost convinced this guy is 100% legit and is not lying.

New picture to confirm.

mkhvlu.jpg

ToM MoReLLo from MLG Forums has continued to insisted that he is the original source of the images.

He has also written up an account of the gameplay.

ToM MoReLLo said:
This first mission was just like
Halo 1's 2nd mission where you had to find the marines that crash landed throughout the map, but in halo reach you are finding spartans.
It's a pretty big map, and the worthog was very useful for getting places. The worthog can carry as many as 5 people (the driver, the front passenger, the gunner, and two seats below the gunner that face left and right, not forward)

The second mission was pretty action packed. You start out getting
dropped off, and the action immediately begins. You are with squadmates. Throughout this mission you have to cover your spartan friend (whos a girl) and give her coverage so that she can hack into the computer. There are 3 big guns on the map that she has to hack into. Hacking into them gains control of the gun, and I guess it gives them control of the air (you see banshees and hornets flying throughout the entire level)

The third stage is very similar to
Truth and Reconciliation (the 3rd stage on Halo 1). You and another spartan have snipers. You have to get into the enemy base from the cliffs (you start out on the cliffs). While you go in the base, your spartan friend covers you from the cliffs above. At the end of this level, you save a bunch of scientists or marines (not really sure who they are actually). They are humans who refused to leave their site even though they ordered everyone to get out. At the end of the level you save them and get picked up by a pelican.

Those were the first 3 stages. As for gameplay, everyone on those forums are talking about the perks. I guess I kinda used the wrong word. It's not really a perk, but rather a device that you can pick up. You can only carry one at a time. I found 3 different devices in the first 3 missions-Halogram, cloak, and sprint. So it's not really a perk, like you would think from call of duty. They are just devices you pick up and that have cooldowns.

The new BR is the 12 round, 1 shot with the scope. I think it's more powerfull than the burst fire BR from halo 3.

The sniper rifle has a longer delay between shots (I was upset with this).

The gameplay seem VERY similar to the other halos. It still has that "slow" feeling. The enemies also fight the exact same way, even the hunters.

The new needler carbine gun is cool. It takes three shots to make the needles explode on someone. However, if that person has a shield, you have to take out the shield before the needles can stick. So this gun can be effective if you shoot grunts and jackals, that way they explode and do more damage. You can't just shoot an elite three times, you have to bring his shield down first, then when you shoot him 3 times when he doesnt have a shield, the needles explode.

When you cloak, your radar is jammed, so you see red dots everywhere. Also, you can't hear anything going on. It's like trying to hear someone say something when you are underwater.

There is a new worthog that shoots volley missles. It seemed very overpowered, but fun. It would shoot about 4-6 shots and they explode upon contact. Then there is about a 5 second wait. Then you can shoot again (basically a 5 second cooldown for every time you can fire).

I found something really extraordinary. In the middle of mission 3,
you encounter a bunch of covenant fighting this big ass monster (it had tusks, it seemed like some sort of prehistoric animal)

When you see the covenant fighting the monster, you are told not to engage combat, but to just go by unnoticed. You stand and watch the covenant fighting the monster, only to see the covenant get owned.

You must understand that this game is still LOOONG from being done. People on the forums are making too early judgments, like saying the graphics were horrible. Well I played the game and the graphics were pretty bad. That's because they havn't finished it yet... In fact, they didn't even have human voice overs when someone would talk in the game.

Overall gameplay was about the same as the other Halos.
Enemies battles are similar too.
I don't know if you can dual wield.
They made me play through the first 3 missions.
The first mission was on a pretty big map, and I had to
find other spartans on the map (similar to Halo 1's second stage where you have to find the crash landed marines).
Second stage was pretty action packed, main goal was to
take control of several huge missile guns throughout the map, and provide coverage to a spartan that would hack into the guns and control them.
Third stage was very similar to
Halo 1's 3rd stage, Truth and Reconciliation. You start with a sniper and cloaking perk, you sneak into an enemy base at night, and you shoot from cliffs.
This game WILL be on the circuit I KNOW IT FOR A FACT, I am an mlg 50 and was a level 40 in h2 hardcore and know what competitive IS!

11537_324581430726_540780726_9650155_7522683_n.jpg

11537_324580745726_540780726_9650148_6957784_n.jpg

11537_324580220726_540780726_9650143_2654986_n.jpg

11537_324538465726_540780726_9649592_5890119_n.jpg

11537_324534965726_540780726_9649502_8378400_n.jpg

11537_324536110726_540780726_9649509_6458696_n.jpg

11537_324540340726_540780726_9649607_2929752_n.jpg

Plywood said:

HBO Forum Folks said:
One of the screenshots showed the start menu during a campaign level. One of
: the options was privacy. Halo 3 didn't have that option in campaign, only
: during multiplayer games. Drop-in Co-op?

I found a thread that accompanied pictures, it says that is one of the features, along with perks.

: And the weapons looked very customizable. The BR had a clip of 12, looks like
: it's firing single shots just like it did in early Halo 2 builds.

Really? I think you might be reading too much into it (or I might be mis-understanding what you mean, customizable weapons to me means something like they are going to have in Army of Two: 2)

Kinda got myself to hyped up, on the picture with the Sp'lazer I thought they where in space (space combat!) but I think it is just the light. And one last question, does anyone else see a giant (missile launcher maybe?) thing on the back of the warthog? Other than that I am a little skeptical about how good some of these look, it is like they are farther then what I thought they would be by now, although they have been working on it longer than I have known, so...

====================
====================
The below information is looking increasingly accurate!
====================
====================

Gameplay Details:
New Carbine
new carbine that shoots needles, and explodes when 3 needles are hit

BR

it is a one shot battle rifle with 12 rounds, pretty powerful and effective long range.

Perks

This is what the HUD looks like. In the bottom left, you can see your squadmates health and names.
Right above the radar shows what perks you are carrying. When I played there were 3 perks-sprinting, cloaking, and halogram.
The sprinting makes you run when you hold LB,
cloaking makes you invisible (when you cloak your radar jams and you can't really hear anything around you).
The halogram creates a hologram of yourself, so enemies will shoot at both.

is that squad status in the bottom left on the third image?

also, I don't know if it's the off screen effect, but gun models look better.

stuminus3

Tom Morello?

3rd shot looks like a real-life picture of a couple of guys playing dress up in an empty office.

Jostifer

A few of the models seem out of the latest games, just placeholder hopefully (if I'm not mistaken Reach will have a brand new, proper next-gen engine?).

MMaRsu

Banned
Details on the weapons look fucking amazing!

and this shot :

e8k12a.jpg

Looks great too! Too bad its still using the same engine though :(.

Oh well..

Tom Morello

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh god what have you done? lol, HaloGAF will give you the only real discussion you want.

Not impressed. I'm not judging the whole game by any means, but these screens don't impress me. Looks like a typical Halo game so far...

...which I'll still buy, but I'm hoping for a more unique look, and different weapons (which doesn't seem to be the case with the weapons)

Not sure why some are assuming its the same engine from such low quality blurry pics. Most of the weapon models look completely redone or much better from the previous games so far.

e8k12a.jpg

"This is what the HUD looks like. In the bottom left, you can see your squadmates health and names. Right above the radar shows what perks you are carrying. When I played there were 3 perks-sprinting, cloaking, and halogram. The sprinting makes you run when you hold LB, cloaking makes you invisible (when you cloak your radar jams and you can't really hear anything around you). The halogram creates a halogram of yourself, so enemies will shoot at both."

hmmmmmmm

I'm kinda hoping for Reach they don't support splitscreen just for the boost in polys and image quality, but I guess that would alienate more players than it would bring in.

GhaleonEB

BattleMonkey said:
Not sure why some are assuming its the same engine from such low quality blurry pics. Most of the weapon models look completely redone or much better from the previous games so far.
I'm still dubious that the pics are legit, though the weapon designs sure look spot-on with Bungie's art style. But it's been confirmed many times by Bungie that Reach is using a new engine. I'm not sure how to draw any conclusions about visual fidelity from (if real) pre-alpha off-screen blurry pics, though.

A lot of people are confusing engine with art style.

Tom Morello
Tom Morello
Tom Morello
Tom Morello
Tom Morello
Tom Morello
Tom Morello
Tom Morello
Tom Morello
Tom Morello
Tom Morello
Tom Morello
Tom Morello

FunkyMunkey said:
"This is what the HUD looks like. In the bottom left, you can see your squadmates health and names. Right above the radar shows what perks you are carrying. When I played there were 3 perks-sprinting, cloaking, and halogram. The sprinting makes you run when you hold LB, cloaking makes you invisible (when you cloak your radar jams and you can't really hear anything around you). The halogram creates a halogram of yourself, so enemies will shoot at both."

hmmmmmmm

Now THAT would be interesting. If those "perks" were to get into multiplayer, it'll certainly change thing up a bit for the Halo franchise.

Top Bottom