• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam now allows you to permanently remove games from your account.

From https://help.steampowered.com, just log-in and select Games, Software, etc., select the game from the search function that shows up, and select I want to permanently remove this game from my account.

3BoOcCR.png

Pic unrelated. I'm only getting rid of Vegas Make It Big.

HolyBaikal can now finally be free of Saints Row 3.

Will be interesting to see if this has any effect on SteamSpy, and if Sony/MS follow suit here.

Remove me if old

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
How many of you are gonna remove Bad Rats or Secret of the Magic Crystals? It's staying with me forever.

Stubbs the Zombie forever mocks me.

BraXzy

So if you do this, you would have to repurchase the game?

Seems like a great way for phishers to further punish their victims :/

Bergerac

I can now get rid of that Age Of Conan MMO I never wanted (package deal)? Though I think through hiding it I've not seen it in forever.

nny

Playtime: 10 Minutes --> Pregnancy --> Permanently Remove from my account.

...Are you trying to start a discussion on abortion?

This seems very dangerous from a "I'm playing this multiplayer game drunk and am getting destroyed and oh f this nonsense I'm gonna delete this ish from my account!"

And then waking up, clicking on Steam and wondering "WTF where my game at?!?!"

Playtime: 10 Minutes --> Pregnancy --> Permanently Remove from my account.

...Are you trying to start a discussion on abortion?

The "game" is that long.

This seems very dangerous from a "I'm playing this multiplayer game drunk and am getting destroyed and oh f this nonsense I'm gonna delete this ish from my account!"

And then waking up, clicking on Steam and wondering "WTF where my game at?!?!"

Anyone dumb enough to do that deserves to have to buy it again.

Is pregnancy an actual game?

It's like a lite visual novel with two endings and no pictures. The writing is really bad, as is the story. You play as a teenage girl's subconscious.
At the end of the game, despite agreeing to everything you say, she does the exact opposite of what you told her. Also, the pregnancy is from a rape that is the most detailed part of the "game". It's unsettling and almost reads fetishistic.

breadtruck

Seeing my bad games reminds me of my dark times, when I bought everything just because it was on sale.

I will wear my stripes proudly

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
why dont people just categorize stuff into a different thing so they dont have to see it in their main list of games?

i dont understand removing completely.

SoulUnison

Banned
Can't you already "hide" games so you can't seem them?

Why would you want to literally "destroy" a game so that you'd have to buy it again if you ever got a weird impulse to play it again?

RM8

Burnout Paradise, bye! And those games I automatically got added to my account by buying an Alienware Alpha.

tesqui

Seems like a waste. They should make it so the game you threw away randomly gets gifted to another steam account.

smisk

Kinda cool that they have this option now. Not sure that I'll use it since I normally just hide the crappy stuff though.

Tagyhag

Man I wish y'all could just give me all your unwanted games instead.

I just hide what I dont want to look at.

Eila

You never know when they'll let you transfer them or something. I would just hide them unless it's a traumatic game for me, but that has never happened.

Top Bottom