• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer: Accelerated

Majmun

RIDGE RACER ACCELERATED

For Iphone.

2yo5r2x.jpg

2nbhm42.jpg

2iitq54.jpg

More at...

http://www.famitsu.com/k_tai/news/1230500_1350.html

Looks pretty good!

ooo cool, looks nice.

Has there been a racer on the iPhone that has good controls? I haven't really tried any of them since I have a 1st gen iPhone and I assume they'd run like shit.

Majmun

Does anyone know if there's a new Iphone version coming up?
I'm thinking on picking one up just for the games...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Manmademan said:
this looks awful. ridge racer PSP is far superior on worse hardware :(
PSP doesn't have worse hardware, compared to regular, non-3GS iphones at least. But yeah, Iphones also seem to have quite a bit OS overhead and some restrictions in how to access hardware.

Skilletor said:
I laugh every time somebody says, "Forbidden, etc." for the famitsu links.

Click enter after you get that error. :)
Using Firefox I don't get that option. Well, I'm not sure I'd want to see more anyway.

Fastlane, released in january this year looks better then this effort on iphone :lol come on dev's pull your finger out and let a few extra £££ drop out.

Neuromancer said:
Using Firefox I don't get that option. Well, I'm not sure I'd want to see more anyway.
Click the link. When you get the 403 error click your mouse in the address bar and then press enter on your keyboard.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan

Raydeen

Takao said:
I came in expecting a new PSP game.

I left disapointed.

Why? PSP Ridges were POS's.

Now when Namco do a RAGE RACER 2 - let's talk. When Pigs fly and Shenmue 3 is greenlit.

RockmanWhore said:
Somebody should tell the devs that the iPhone sucks for racing games.
Wut

twinturbo2 said:
You forgot Days of Thunder (released last year) and Fast & Furious (released april), or the two Need for Speed games (both this year)
Ah yes, F&F was ok but it's looking a tad dated now. the new NFS shift looks quite nice but it's not out yet.

Banned
Skilletor said:
I laugh every time somebody says, "Forbidden, etc." for the famitsu links.

Click enter after you get that error. :)

weird, never tried that before. why is it forbidden in the first place?

Barrett2

Raydeen said:
Why? PSP Ridges were POS's.

You son of a .....

I would go so far as to say that firing up my import PSP & Ridge Racer in December 04 was one of the most magical gaming moments in my whole life. The game was AWESOME on the PSP!

lawblob said:
You son of a .....

I would go so far as to say that firing up my import PSP & Ridge Racer in December 04 was one of the most magical gaming moments in my whole life. The game was AWESOME on the PSP!

Exactly. Second one is even better though as it has a lot of RR Type 4 content :D

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Is the iPhone API hard to develop for? What is going on? Supposedly the raw power of the iPhone was beyond that of the PSP, but the games don't show it. Is it still early?

godhandiscen said:
Is the iPhone API hard to develop for? What is going on? Supposedly the raw power of the iPhone was beyond that of the PSP, but the games don't show it. Is it still early?
Games have come a long way since early this year when the app store was starting to become real big, and there has been some rather nice games but it's still being held back by the bigger companies not wanting to shell out that gaming design budget and keeping things small and cheap, bite sized.

Top Bottom